Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fake GPS Tutorial

Keen for someone to make an android app that can be side loaded and mod the FF6 files to unlock the FCC channels by default. I'm not a coder or programmer. I'd pay royalties to support this little project FYI
I already made it, and some people in private Slack group maybe already made it too. :D It is difficult to share the modded app because of copyright problem and... if parrot knows it, they will patch it. I'm not a coder or a programmer either.. so you can do it. study some java syntax, android dev basic, and look at the comment I already left in this thread. You will find a way.

@ ds2atc .... I thought Kilrah had already caught you out on this one? I know the Slack group you are talking about, having been a member since inception, so like Kilrah am aware of whats is and what isn't going on.

By all means put up your evidence..... various formats to do that.

Reactions: Liger 1956
@ ds2atc .... I thought Kilrah had already caught you out on this one? I know the Slack group you are talking about, having been a member since inception, so like Kilrah am aware of whats is and what isn't going on.

By all means put up your evidence..... various formats to do that.
Who is Kilrah? and catch me out what?

Last edited:
Hi can anyone please confirm that Fake GPS still works on the latest updates?

Hi kool thank you?
It won't work if you follow the original instruction.

Do this instead.

1. Turn on FakeGPS
2. set to US
3. Run FreeFlight6
4. Force close FreeFlight6 after you see the main screen
5. Connect/turn on the controller(FF6 will be automatically run)
6. Turn on Anafi
7. Set channel to 36~165
8 Turn off FakeGPS
9. enjoy

It won't work if you follow the original instruction.

Do this instead.

1. Turn on FakeGPS
2. set to US
3. Run FreeFlight6
4. Force close FreeFlight6 after you see the main screen
5. Connect/turn on the controller(FF6 will be automatically run)
6. Turn on Anafi
7. Set channel to 36~165
8 Turn off FakeGPS
9. enjoy

OK thank you so much for the added info.

Maybe you can do a fresh list of the procedure just clarify this please.

Hi guys,
There are many tutorials for FCC mode using Fake GPS app, but those methods ask you to turn off the data or turn on the airplane mode...
and sometimes those methods are not working... so here's simpler tutorial for you guys.

Initial Setup:
1. Turn on FakeGPS(set to US)
2. Run FreeFlight6
3. Force close FreeFlight6 after you see the main screen

Continuous use:
2. Connect/turn on the controller(FF6 will be automatically run)
3. Turn on Anafi
4. Set channel to 36~165
5 Turn off FakeGPS
6. enjoy
7. Force close FreeFlight6 after you enjoyed your flight

here's youtube tutorial:
(I'm South Korean, so please don't say about my English skill :D)

For your information,
"Force closing the app before disconnecting the controller" is the most important part of this tutorial.

The app has 2 important program methods that interrupts your FakeGPS tries.

"onDisconnected" method clears all your preferences stored in the application data including CountryCode
"onCountryCodeChanged" method sets your drone's wifi output mode(FCC/CE) based on your real location information(maybe GPS, wifi, bluetooth, IPs...)

If you disconnect first, the stored CountryCode will be "null"
If you force close app first, the stored CountryCode will be "US"

and after running the app, the app will compare the stored CountryCode and your current CountryCode(which is "US" with Fake GPS), and if both are same, then onCountryCodeChanged will not be run.
If both are "US" in the initial process, the app will choose FCC.

In order to bypass those 2 methods, you must force close the app before disconnecting the controller.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
There are many tutorials for FCC mode using Fake GPS app, but those methods ask you to turn off the data or turn on the airplane mode...
and sometimes those methods are not working... so here's simpler tutorial for you guys.

Initial Setup:
2. Run FreeFlight6
3. Force close FreeFlight6 after you see the main screen

Continuous use:
2. Connect/turn on the controller(FF6 will be automatically run)
3. Turn on Anafi
4. Set channel to 36~165
5 Turn off FakeGPS
6. enjoy
7. Force close FreeFlight6 after you enjoyed your flight

here's youtube tutorial:
(I'm South Korean, so please don't say about my English skill :D)

For your information,
"Force closing the app before disconnecting the controller" is the most important part of this tutorial.

The app has 2 important program methods that interrupts your FakeGPS tries.

"onDisconnected" method clears all your preferences stored in the application data including CountryCode
"onCountryCodeChanged" method sets your drone's wifi output mode(FCC/CE) based on your real location information(maybe GPS, wifi, bluetooth, IPs...)

If you disconnect first, the stored CountryCode will be "null"
If you force close app first, the stored CountryCode will be "US"

and after running the app, the app will compare the stored CountryCode and your current CountryCode(which is "US" with Fake GPS), and if both are same, then onCountryCodeChanged will not be run.
If both are "US" in the initial process, the app will choose FCC.

In order to bypass those 2 methods, you must force close the app before disconnecting the controller.
Hi, I am not able to run FCC on my phone Android One v9 :cry:

Perhaps a problem of settings, I am not an Android user ( this is the phone of my wife ;) ) but with IOS the FCC is complicated, even with ITools

Sorry for opening a old thread...but there is alot of talk about the CE/FCC-mode.

Anyone who can explain this?
I have both 2.4 and 5 GHz on my controller to choose from. (Live in Sweden in northern Europe = CE)
No Fake GPS used, came like this out of the box + 1 update to latest firmware.

CE-mode should only contain 2.4GHz and FCC-mode contains both bands to my understanding.

So am I in CE or FCC-mode? Hybrid?
Have 5GHz but not the hi 2.4GHz channels like in FCC.

(On my old Bebop2 you just stated your location as US and set it for 'outdoor flying' and you got more output power on your RC/drone)

Anafi_WiFi_Swe.jpg

Sorry for opening a old thread...but there is alot of talk about the CE/FCC-mode.

Anyone who can explain this?
I have both 2.4 and 5 GHz on my controller to choose from. (Live in Sweden in northern Europe = CE)
No Fake GPS used, came like this out of the box + 1 update to latest firmware.

CE-mode should only contain 2.4GHz and FCC-mode contains both bands to my understanding.

So am I in CE or FCC-mode? Hybrid?
Have 5GHz but not the hi 2.4GHz channels like in FCC.

(On my old Bebop2 you just stated your location as US and set it for 'outdoor flying' and you got more output power on your RC/drone)

View attachment 2190

Hello, the 5ghz frequency is not prohibited in Europe.
The difference between CE and FCC is the signal strength, either 2.4 or 5.
To be sure of being in FCC, in the 5ghz field, channels 36, 40, 44 and 48 must be visible.
If these channels are not there then it means that you are in CE

Reactions: edwardfcy1970

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJ123456