Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fake GPS Tutorial

It may be worth testing again outside with a GPS lock as I feel that the software will realise where you are and reset to CE if you do not do the FakeGPS trick at startup.
Not if you stay offline from internet and set the smarthphone gps to low precision [only gps and not wifi or data cellular]. After use go in app setting and stop app freeflight after this you connect to internet again.

It may be worth testing again outside with a GPS lock as I feel that the software will realise where you are and reset to CE if you do not do the FakeGPS trick at startup.
I understood that Parrot uses the device GPS location only for setting the mode. But you could be right, it's not so difficult to check the location of the Anafi too. I will check it later. Ton

I checked it outside. As I expected it works also when the Anafi has GPS lock. So that's nice. It take anyways some time to find all the GPS satellites it needs. That's why I think they did not implemented in their software to use also the drone's GPS location. By the way, DJI Spark (and I think all other drones from them) does use both GPS locations for setting CE/FCC mode. Luckily we (also) have a Parrot drone ;-).

The only thing I found out is that if you pre-load your maps, it change the FCC mode back to CE if you are in a CE country.

So to conclude, at least with my setup/devices, I do not need Titaniumbackup to restore the FF6 app data. If you close and start at the right moment the controller/ Anafi and the APP, it stays in FCC mode.

I hope that Parrot does not read these Forums and change their software :-/. For me it's important that I have good signal strength than flying far away. I seldomly go beyond 300 meters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Liger 1956
If i use fake gps to go to FCC what map do i have on freeflight6, the map that results from the fake gps ? Do you fly in offline mode or not?

Last edited:
I used a lot of time. Just disable data and it keep last settings. If in FCC it stay in FCC.

If i use fake gps to go to FCC what map do i have on freeflight6, the map that results from the fake gps ? Do you fly in offline mode or not?
You only need to startup with Fakegps and after you see that the Anafi has the channels 36 40 44, you switch your phone to airplane and then you need to pause and switch off the Fakegps! Therefore you need to pre-load your maps before you start to fly. And the maps are from where you are. Ton

Airplane mode. If your phone is in airplane mode, FF6 don't change mode from FCC and CE and vice versa.
Yes you are right, that's what I always do. But my Only problem was that when I use my phone again for other things (I do not use a dedicated phone or tablet for flying) it was set back to the CE mode, even though I switched to airplane mode before I started up the controller, the APP and the Anafi. But I solved it by switching off FF6 first, before I switch off the controller and the Anafi, and remove the FF6 app from my used app list.

Last edited:
Yes you are right, that's what I always do. But my Only problem was that when I use my phone again for other things (I do not use a dedicated phone or tablet for flying) it was set back to the CE mode, even though I switched to airplane mode before I started up the controller, the APP and the Anafi. But I solved it by switching off FF6 first, before I switch off the controller and the Anafi, and remove the FF6 app from my used app list.
That's right... If FF6 is running and you enable data it switch in CE mode again. It's annoying, but switching again in FFC is easy.

Reactions: Skassa and Ton
The only thing I found out is that if you pre-load your maps, it change the FCC mode back to CE if you are in a CE country.
If you disable gps and pre-load the map with internet wifi at home and at end of preload stop the app in the app options of your smartphone the freeflight stay in FCC.

Reactions: Ton
I am getting a bit confused now with all of the good info in this thread. Is it posssible for some kind soul to produce a "Dummies Guide" (like an updated version of the first post in this thread) but with all the information regarding pre-loading maps and selecting 5GHz channels before reverting to 2.4GHz. Stopping app before exiting Airplane mode and how to check, probably by the channel numbers available, that the Anafi is still in FCC mode after stopping and starting the FF6 app? Can we still use the Auto channel selection for 2.4GHz when we are in FCC mode?

I am getting a bit confused now with all of the good info in this thread. Is it posssible for some kind soul to produce a "Dummies Guide" (like an updated version of the first post in this thread) but with all the information regarding pre-loading maps and selecting 5GHz channels before reverting to 2.4GHz. Stopping app before exiting Airplane mode and how to check, probably by the channel numbers available, that the Anafi is still in FCC mode after stopping and starting the FF6 app? Can we still use the Auto channel selection for 2.4GHz when we are in FCC mode?

Ok, I understand there's quite some information to process;).
First the easy answer on your last question "Can we still use the Auto channel selection for 2.4GHz when we are in FCC mode? " is Yes.
I will try to recap the rest in a next post as soon as possible.

Today I did some tests again. In a previous post (#32) I mentioned that when you switch for the first time to FCC with fake GPS you have manually switch one time to the 5GHz band (and back if it was in the 2.4Hz band) to enable the high power. A test today showed that the same thing will happen after you start flying, therefore the procedure become a bit easier ;-).
For the rest see previous posts #1, #46 and other ones if you like ;-)

Reactions: Liger 1956
Ton,
Thanks for that. Just to clarify when you say "the same thing will happen when you start flying" do you mean that after you press the "Fly" button in FF6 you will get FCC power and the Anafi has the channels 36 40 44 or do you actually have to take off for it to switch from EU to FCC?

Sorry for all of the questions and I do really appreciate all of your testing.

Reactions: Ton
Ton,
Thanks for that. Just to clarify when you say "the same thing will happen when you start flying" do you mean that after you press the "Fly" button in FF6 you will get FCC power and the Anafi has the channels 36 40 44 or do you actually have to take off for it to switch from EU to FCC?

I think the best method is set manually channel 36 to 48 before shutdown the anafi [only available in fcc] at startup if the channel stay at this channel [in my case is everytime ] for sure all channels is stay at high frequency. Never use auto or 2.4ghz or 5ghz button use manual. I use this method since old firmware August 2018 and with channel 166 i reach 2500meters at 150m alt in urban /semiurban area without ostacle from skycontroller to anafi.

Last edited:
Ton,

No problem. Yes, you really have to take off, because I measured only after this "first" flight the higher FCC power, but that's ok because we want to have the higher power only when go into the air ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320