Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fake GPS Tutorial

I have problem. With this new update, FF6 can't locate GPS position and Anafi also. Red GPS signs on the display. When the Anafi connected, the display is total black, I can't see the camera view...... pfff

I have problem. With this new update, FF6 can't locate GPS position and Anafi also. Red GPS signs on the display. When the Anafi connected, the display is total black, I can't see the camera view...... pfff
Disinstall and install freeflight restart smarthphone and reset the drone [push start button of drone after the gimbal calibration push start button until all battery light is red]

Seems there is a fair few of us who are having the same issue with No Video Feed after upgrade. I have the same issue on my Nexus 7 (2013) and its bloody annoying that all of a sudden a perfectly good tablet (works fine with Mavic), is redundant because of what Parrot has done to the new application.

I have emailed support to find out why..... the more who contact them about the issue, the more chance of something getting resolved.

I did the reinstall and drone reset. It is total disaster. No GPS sign in the Drone and only black display. I was very happy for the first two days with my first drone but now on the third day it is not working..... Thank you Parrot.

I wrote to the Parrot customer service when will arrive the solution, what can I do or I have to send back this drone because it is not working with the new Parrot softwares.... And the previous version was good, I was happy with that.Is there any solution to reinstall the last one?

On past releases we have been able to used ADB to change/upload a file to the system to force FCC mode without having to use FakeGPS trick.

I dont believe that hack has been tested on today's firmware update, but I am sure it will be
I managed to connect to the controller via ADB and found many files in the filesystem. There were a couple of wifi configuration files but I have no idea what to change... Could you tell me which file needs to be changed?

I do not believe that anyone has been able, or had the time, to look at the latest version of the firmware/software and discover the changes needed.

I do not believe that anyone has been able, or had the time, to look at the latest version of the firmware/software and discover the changes needed.
For now the best and safe trick to change in FCC is the fakegps method. But i have tested with 6.30 freeflight and 1.30 anafi firmware i do not know if work on 6.32 and 1.32 firmware. I think work but need someone confirm this and stay at fcc after paused fakegps (channels 36 to 48 selectable)

Last edited:
For now the best and safe trick to change in FCC is the fakegps method. Bu i have tested with 6.30 freeflight and 1.30 anafi firmware i do not know if work on 6.32 and 1.32 firmware. I think work but need someone confirm this and stay at fcc after paused fakegps (channels 36 to 48 selectable)

1.3.2 yes channels 36........

Reactions: Skassa
I measured some time ago with a Wifi Analyzer the wifi power of the 2.4 GHz after switching from CE to FCC. I noticed only a power change (so going from low to high, of about 6dbm) when I switched first to the 5.8GHz band e.g. channel 153 and then switch back to the 2.4 GHz band e.g. channel 8. If you don't follow this procedure the Anafi will still fly on low power, even though you see channel 36 for example. If this is also true for IOS I don't know. I also have to mention that I did not yet upgraded to 6.3.2 and 1.3.2. It could be different for the latest SW and FW version. I will test this shortly.

I measured some time ago with a Wifi Analyzer the wifi power of the 2.4 GHz after switching from CE to FCC. I noticed only a power change (so going from low to high, of about 6dbm) when I switched first to the 5.8GHz band e.g. channel 153 and then switch back to the 2.4 GHz band e.g. channel 8. If you don't follow this procedure the Anafi will still fly on low power, even though you see channel 36 for example. If this is also true for IOS I don't know. I also have to mention that I did not yet upgraded to 6.3.2 and 1.3.2. It could be different for the latest SW and FW version. I will test this shortly.
The test with wifi analyzer is for 6.3.0 and 1.3.0?
If you retest with last firmware please test if the channel 165 with fakegps trick change the frequency to high (FCC)) or remain to low (CE) or need to switch first on channel 36 (unavaible in CE) and switch to 166 again to have the high frequency like the 2.4ghz channels trick you discovered.

Last edited:
The test with wifi analyzer is for 6.3.0 and 1.3.0?
If you retest with last firmware please test if the channel 165 with fakegps trick change the frequency to high (FCC)) or remain to low (CE) or need to switch first on channel 36 (unavaible in CE) and switch to 166 again to have the high frequency like the 2.4ghz channels trick you discovered.
Indeed I tested this only for 6.3.0 and 1.3.0 and the versions before those. It seems it works fine/directly if you are in the 5.8Ghz band. So if you are already switched to the higher channels( greater than 13) the power is switched directly to the higher level which is ok.

Indeed I tested this only for 6.3.0 and 1.3.0 and the versions before those. It seems it works fine/directly if you are in the 5.8Ghz band. So if you are already switched to the higher channels( greater than 13) the power is switched directly to the higher level which is ok.
But now the high channels is avaiable in CE and not know if is low or high frequency at 100% only 36 to 48 for sure is only FCC.Upgraded to 6.32 and 1.32 only tested inside and still Fcc now i set manual channel 48 and shut down the drone at this channel i use titaniumbackup to restore the app data at every flight and no need fakegps app to switch fcc the drone and controller is set automatically at this channel at every startup.

But now the high channels is avaiable in CE and not know if is low or high frequency at 100% only 36 to 48 for sure is only FCC.Upgraded to 6.32 and 1.32 only tested inside and still Fcc now i set manual channel 48 and shut down the drone at this channel i use titaniumbackup to restore the app data at every flight and no need fakegps app to switch fcc the drone and controller is set automatically at this channel at every startup.
Ok Skassa, that sounds great if you don't need the fakegps every time! I try to follow your description but it is not yet clear to me how you do it. One remark, please try it also outside because inside mostly your device is not able to lock onto the GPS satellites, and I believe Parrot uses the location of your device to set to CEmode if you are in Europe. Btw, is easy and quickly done, the restoring FF6. Because if that takes quite some steps then you do not gain so much. Thanks Ton

Last edited:
Ok Skassa, that sounds great if you don't need the fakegps every time! I try to follow your description but it is not yet clear to me how you do it. One remark, please try it also outside because inside mostly your device is not able to lock onto the GPS satellites, and I believe Parrot uses the location of your device to set to CEmode if you are in Europe. Btw, is easy and quickly done, the restoring FF6. Because if that takes quite some steps then you do not gain so much. Thanks Ton
You need root privileges to use app Titaniumbackup. Simple use fakegps to switch in FCC and without close the app launch titaniumbackup and backup actual data of freeflight app. At every flight you restore only app data and not app and data with titaniumbackup and FCC is active without anything. You need setting only gps in the smarthphone options [low precision] and not activate help with data or wifi [high precision] and stay offline from internet or the freeflight switch back to CE.

Reactions: KGRAT and Ton
You need root privileges to use app Titaniumbackup. Simple use fakegps to switch in FCC and without close the app launch titaniumbackup and backup actual data of freeflight app. At every flight you restore only app data and not app and data with titaniumbackup and FCC is active without anything. You need setting only gps in the smarthphone options [low precision] and not activate help with data or wifi [high precision] and stay offline from internet or the freeflight switch back to CE.
Ok, perfect, I am going to try this if the weather becomes better. Now it is very rainy all the time :-(. Thanks a lot, Ton

Last edited:
Did the same test with vs 6.3.2 and 1.3.2, so with Android and performed the test inside (the anafi with no GPS lock, but I think that doesn't matter). Everything works fine. I find the same behaviour as with the previous versions. So setting with fakegps works fine (so if the Anafi was in CE mode before you have to switch first to a 5.8GHz channel, like 149 or 153, and then switch back to for example channel 8 (2.4 GHz band) then you get twice the power of the CEmode =FCC mode. I also discovered that you do not need Titaniumbackup if you first close FF6 and be sure that is also not in the background, so delete it from your apps list. The next time you want to fly, switch your device to Airplane mode and then startup FF6 and the Anafi and you're good to go.

It may be worth testing again outside with a GPS lock as I feel that the software will realise where you are and reset to CE if you do not do the FakeGPS trick at startup.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320