Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FAT32 File system on ANAFI and MacBook pro (problem solved!!)

Ross

Reaction score
I did a search about FAT32 file system on the forums but didn’t find a solution.
My question, after flying take out the microSD Card, put it in my Mac and read the files. I know FAT32 isn’t a file who can be read normal by OSX systems. I don’t like to connect the drone straight with USB-C with cable, because DL speed is to slow. Maybe there’s already a solution for this?
Thanks for help.

I did a search about FAT32 file system on the forums but didn’t find a solution.
My question, after flying take out the microSD Card, put it in my Mac and read the files. I know FAT32 isn’t a file who can be read normal by OSX systems. I don’t like to connect the drone straight with USB-C with cable, because DL speed is to slow. Maybe there’s already a solution for this?
Thanks for help.

Have you tried intalling FUSE on your Mac?

Not yet, i will try it today. I used other software to recognise the file but didn’t work, so maybe with Fuse, i let you know?

FAT32 definitely IS supported natively on mac. Heck that was the only compatible solution for ages.

Same problem here, I have to download with a PC direct in my external SSD and after it works.
Don't want to remove the SD card each time because the design of the slot is not great.
Follow up

I installed the software programme FUSE, but with no results. If I use the original sd card from the Anafi, my macbook sees my card, if I use a 64GB or a 128 GB from sandisk, it gaves an error. So if I link my Anafi with the usb cable to my macbook, same error, so I need to download the files to a windows system, save it to an external harddisk, connect to my macbook to work on Final Cut Pro. So a lot of work before I can start post processing on my files. I hope somebody got already a solution for it. If I use a Gopro, no problem to read the files, it's just like the Anafi format the card in a special way.

I had this info from a facebook group, didn't tried it yet

I had the same issue and I solved it this way:
-Format the MicroSd on MacBook Pro (fat32)
- Put it in the Anafi (it will not recognize it)
- format the MicroSd from the controller
- “reset” the drone pushing the battery button for a while (you’ll see all the lights turning red)

At this point the Sd should be readable by the Mac by cable (connected to the drone) or by adapter.

I tried and problem is, macbook does not offer the option FAT32, you can choose MS-DOS ( FAT ) and it's done you can see FAT32.

Now let me try the next step and I keep you informed

Reactions: Ross
After doing everything, I plugged my Anafi to my MacBook with a cable USB C to USB C and it’s not working. My laptop is only charging my drone....
So I used another cable, USB C to USB with adapter to connect to my MacBook.....

IT’S WORKING.

Nice, I hope great news then, but you think if I do the same but I put my microSD card straight in my macbook it should work also. I will test it right now, and let you know in about 30 min.

AMAZING!! The thing I did was like you said, but once I format the sd card with the Anafi, in first case he didn't saw the card, I took the usbC out put it again in de macbook, still connected with the Anafi, and the SDcard came open on my macbook as Anafi, I did already a small video test, en could check it straight on to my macbook with the cable straight in my drone, so great news for me.

I just used the adapter and same result, I see the Anafi directory on my macbook. So it's possible to choose between adapter or straight with the usb- C cable from you Drone to the macbook!! Great I'm glad with that :)

- “reset” the drone pushing the battery button for a while (you’ll see all the lights turning red)

At this point the Sd should be readable by the Mac by cable (connected to the drone) or by adapter.

Your solution works perfectly. I determined this before reading your comment. It was a little strange so I feel better reading your comment. Thanks

Your solution works perfectly. I determined this before reading your comment. It was a little strange so I feel better reading your comment. Thanks

Thats not related to a MacBook, but I had similar issues with the Anafi connected to an iPad Pro. For whatever reason the Anafi will charge but I could not access its images/videos like with every other camera.

My solution: Plugin a usb hub to the iPad, connect the Anafi to the Hub. Suddenly it is recognized and I can import all media files.

Don’t know what’s happening here but directly connecting the Anafi, it seems to behave differently than other devices.

643c6827864969ac61410f332f81f3bf.jpg

@FrancoisTX Thanks so much! This eventually worked! I had to do it twice for some reason, I suspect I released my finger too early when the drone was resetting as only a couple of sections of red came up on the battery initially.

I am able to connect the drone directly via the USB-C to USB-3.0 cable that shipped with the Anafi & also with using a USB-2.0 extension, so it doesn't have to be so close to the iMac.

Thanks again, I was just starting to look at buying an expensive USB-C to USB-3.0 adapter!

*** Update ***

Last night for some strange reason the iMac wouldn't recognise the Micro SD card again! After another hard reset of the drone by holding the power button until all four lights went red, then restarting the drone & plugging it in again it worked.

This morning, it was recognised immediately & the transfers are happening as I type this, as can be seen in the image below! Thanks again @FrancoisTX !

Transfer.jpg

Last edited:

This worked great. Thank you. reformatted to on MacBook Air to (Fat). Followed your directions.
Thank again.

Does this work without destroying the data on the card. I already took video with my Anafi but when I either plug in the drone with USB cable or remove SDCard and plugin to reader my mac says card is not recognizable and asks me to initialize. The videos are there because I can see them in the FreeFlight6 gallery. Just want to verify that this solution does not erase the video even though its formatting the card twice (once in macOS and once in free flight) Or is this something you do before first use?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut