Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Finally tried 360 and Pano-horizontal pix

slvervper99

Reaction score
Finally tried using the 360 (little planet) and panoramic feature on the Anafi. Having some issues though maybe because of the phone, but that would be another topic. Here's a couple of pics.

Attachments

• PanoHorizontal.JPG
    PanoHorizontal.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • TinyPlanet.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 28
Reactions: win32
If you are stitching them together in the App it is a hit or miss type of deal. From what I was told the stitching software always gets problems if there are not many contrasts in the pics. Have you tried the free Pano program call ICE from microsoft?

If you are stitching them together in the App it is a hit or miss type of deal. From what I was told the stitching software always gets problems if there are not many contrasts in the pics. Have you tried the free Pano program call ICE from microsoft?
No not yet, but I'll go check. Yeah the problem I encountered with the FF6 app is that the stitching does not finish, somehow, the app closes and does not finish the stitching. I tried the sphere and this is what happened, tried it again on the little planet and it work perfectly, on the pano-horizontal - it would not work when I tried the excellent picture but worked on the good pic option.

I've found the reason FF6 doesn't finish is it's very power hungry in the pano process, "lack of processing power or RAM" I believe, I tried a couple tablets with the same issue.

When I processed on my Samsung S8 it was quick and complete, which is problem for me because I don't fly with my S8 normally.

I've found the reason FF6 doesn't finish is it's very power hungry in the pano process, "lack of processing power or RAM" I believe, I tried a couple tablets with the same issue.

When I processed on my Samsung S8 it was quick and complete, which is problem for me because I don't fly with my S8 normally.
Ahhhh, thank you. I guess the Iphone 6 is not good enough for the FF6 app. Maybe I should choose the good picture instead of the excellent picture option. Or I can just stitch it with what Agustine was suggesting.

My tablet also has 4 MB of RAM and approx. the same CPU as your phone and it cannot make the different pano with a good result in FF6. Both ICE from Microsoft and HUGIN seemed to be significantly better and are both "free" programs. But why FF6 can't finish its pano with a good result I can't tell as no error messages are given. However, I would guess that Parrot should look at their code in FF6 if it should work.

Samsung Galaxy S8 - Full phone specifications

Another bad thing is that Parrot does not store the pictures for each pano in its own direction, as sometimes it can be guesswork with what belongs to a particular pano.

Regards, Leif.

One other question. When I try to download the pix from the micro sd, it only showed a few pix. When I was using the 360, it showed that it took 24 pictures and the horizontal pano at 18 pictures, but what I saw on my sd card files - they were only roughly 16 maybe 18 pictures.....am I missing something here? I mean, how can I stitch the pix to a different editor if I don't have all the pix. sorry- this is really my first time using the 360 and panorama pic.

All photos should show up on your micro SD card. One trick people have been using is starting a small video between Pano shots so the photos for each pano are easier to find. Here is what you should be getting with each type of Pano:

Panorama types capture characteristics:
-Vertical: takes 8 photos in about 35 seconds
- Horizontal: takes 10 photos in about 40 seconds
- 360: takes 42 photos in about 180 seconds (3 minutes)

Reactions: slvervper99
From what I was told the stitching software always gets problems if there are not many contrasts in the pics.

I’ve got a 6S, and I was able to complete all the different 360 pano methods with pictures from midday with lots of contrast, but yesterday I took a few shots late in the afternoon, got a lot of fairly dark pictures. When I went to do the high quality conversions, they would go about 95% of the way then the app would crash each time on the darker pictures. Selecting the smaller low quality option completed on both regular and the two 360 panos.

Up until they released these new pano features I was manually taking photos and stiching them together with hugin, a linux app.

I’ll probably use the auto pano taking feature from now on but then continue stitching with hugin - the gallery app is nice and fast when it works, but there’s no options to correct issues with misaligned photos.

I have been finding I need to see which one works better for stitching. Sometimes I use the APP and sometimes a external program.

All photos should show up on your micro SD card. One trick people have been using is starting a small video between Pano shots so the photos for each pano are easier to find. Here is what you should be getting with each type of Pano:

Panorama types capture characteristics:
-Vertical: takes 8 photos in about 35 seconds
- Horizontal: takes 10 photos in about 40 seconds
- 360: takes 42 photos in about 180 seconds (3 minutes)
Thanks Agustine, I will give it another try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut