Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Firmware ANAFI 1.7.7

I wonder if flight logs (JSON and FDR) are still the same with latest FW or if Parrot made some changes/improvements regarding logging files.

@Giua: Sorry to hear about the suicide of the drone. It looks frightening. Is there something recorded in alert_state?

br HE
they are the same

Repeat myself everything looks lke a suicide, now i'm studing them, in a while i'm going to post'em here.

that's really not right They have to answer about it.

chart altitude 2.jpg

chart altitude.jpg

log data.jpg

that's clearly a suicide

Last edited:
one of the motors will be at max speed, any way to check that?
what you say it's exactly what I heard, some of the propellers was going full (1 or more I dn't know) but drone went down diagonally from few meters height

not at all, now it's not possible to check, nothing is moving now, as you can see, everything is ready to take off, but it doesn't take off, it doesn't move propellers

plus it doesn't read and see SD card anymore

Screenshot_2021-02-25-15-38-44-693_com.parrot.freeflight6.jpg

I'm convinced was this damned update to cause it.

Parrot doesn't answer.

what you say it's exactly what I heard, some of the propellers was going full (1 or more I dn't know) but drone went down diagonally from few meters height

not at all, now it's not possible to check, nothing is moving now, as you can see, everything is ready to take off, but it doesn't take off, it doesn't move propellers

View attachment 5414

Parrot doesn't answer.
I am not suprised. no flawless firmware has been released since 1.6.3.
We should get Parrot to enable firmware downgrade, just like DJI.
If the firmware update results in unwanted behavior, we should be able to revert to what we think works.
This is a fundamental right of the user in order to have a workable device.
I think it's legally attackable! Parrot does not warn the user that if you upgrade the firmware, you will not be able to revert to the older one. In case of faulty firmware (anything can be faulty what a person creates) there is no possibility to revert to the previous one. This makes the user legally vulnerable.

Last edited:

View attachment 5414

Parrot doesn't answer.
likely won't help if gimbal is trashed but did you try to do a hard reset of drone?

on 1.6.3 it will literally drop out of the sky instead of doing a forced emergency landing.

"what you say it's exactly what I heard, some of the propellers was going full (1 or more I dn't know) but drone went down diagonally from few meters height"

that is 99% a broken prop alright

Reactions: BRC
Got the infamous "vertical camera failure" error message after updating (not crash-induced)... ugh, anyone else?

occhei friends, thank you, now I learnt some more elements to go to a good repair here in north-west Italy,

I hope it will not cost me alot in this already difficult moment.

Thank you all

occhei friends, thank you, now I learnt some more elements to go to a good repair here in north-west Italy,

I hope it will not cost me alot in this already difficult moment.

Thank you all

the vertical camera can get dislodged often in a crash (apparently, myself I never crashed once in more than 50 hours of flying between 2 Anafis these past 2 years), at least that is what happened to some noobs.
I hope it will be a relatively easy fix!

Anyone else been having video issues with the newer firmwares? Last novermber I did update and the video footage went unstable. I had my drone replaced but also the new unit has the same issue. Tried reset and recalibration.

Heres the example:

is that raw footing that you posted?
I had a similar experience but not as exaggerated as your footage
It was a fairly new prop that did not always spin freely on the hub, seem to bind on occasion
I replaced the screw and that took care of it
Are you using OEM props?

Anyone else been having video issues with the newer firmwares? Last novermber I did update and the video footage went unstable. I had my drone replaced but also the new unit has the same issue. Tried reset and recalibration.

Heres the example:
This is not a video recording problem (as you write)
This is the vibration of the gimbal, which can be the fault of the stability of the whole drone (propeller, motor) or it can be the fault of the gimbal control (which can actually be caused by the firmware fault)
But this is not a video recording error.

is that raw footing that you posted?
I had a similar experience but not as exaggerated as your footage
It was a fairly new prop that did not always spin freely on the hub, seem to bind on occasion
I replaced the screw and that took care of it
Are you using OEM props?
I used orig props on both drones - on the old one and on the replaced unit. But I will check the props on the unit I got - Thanks for the tip.
I also noticed the cam is stable when flying inside, but it will get shaky when flying outside in the subzero temps.

I used orig props on both drones - on the old one and on the replaced unit. But I will check the props on the unit I got - Thanks for the tip.
I also noticed the cam is stable when flying inside, but it will get shaky when flying outside in the subzero temps.

As you mention subzero temperatures, going from warmer temps inside the car to colder outside - too quickly - could cause some condensation, and tiny droplets freeze at the gimbal level ? Cold itself is not an issue for the Anafi even at freezing temps, but maybe try to transition from a warm air with more humidity more progressively ?
It's a bit far fetched, but condensation is a well known issue with photo gear, as it can cause mold to grow inside lenses (although it's mostly an issue in tropical climates in relation to air conditioning).

No problems with any recent updates here.

As you mention subzero temperatures, going from warmer temps inside the car to colder outside - too quickly - could cause some condensation, and tiny droplets freeze at the gimbal level ? Cold itself is not an issue for the Anafi even at freezing temps, but maybe try to transition from a warm air with more humidity more progressively ?
It's a bit far fetched, but condensation is a well known issue with photo gear, as it can cause mold to grow inside lenses (although it's mostly an issue in tropical climates in relation to air conditioning).

No problems with any recent updates here.

Condensation is actually a problem when moving from cold to warm.

Especially with camera equipment, because of the thermal mass of the glass and metal - causing any moisture in the warm environment to condense on the cold surfaces of the glass/metal, etc.

Hence why you should always protect camera gear when moving from outside in cold weather, to a nice warm internal space!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut