Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Firmware ANAFI 1.7.7

given the choice I think I would stick with 1.6.3 if there is nothing in the newer releases that benefit you

the country is telling to ground the bird until we get military permission. So either way my Anafi Thermal is grounded

So should i shift my thermal from 1.6.3 to 1.7.6 or 1.7.7
Think carefully, because there is no downgrade if it doesn’t work out.
Don't fix what hasn't gone wrong!
I'm still flying with 1.6.3 because all the firmware since then has been faulty!

Think carefully, because there is no downgrade if it doesn’t work out.
Don't fix what hasn't gone wrong!
I'm still flying with 1.6.3 because all the firmware since then has been faulty!
Why do you always repeat this wrong statement in multiple posts?
At least 1.7.6 was reliable.
If you stay at 1.6.3 it would be fair to tell new owners, that they would risk their warranty by using old FW possibly also together with actual software FF6.
And they also risk to fly with a bad FW - FF6 combination (FW old, FF6 new), if they update FF6 at regular intervals, but not the FW. This combination might be also "faulty".

Why do you always repeat this wrong statement in multiple posts?
At least 1.7.6 was reliable.
If you stay at 1.6.3 it would be fair to tell new owners, that they would risk their warranty by using old FW possibly also together with actual software FF6.
And they also risk to fly with a bad FW - FF6 combination (FW old, FF6 new), if they update FF6 at regular intervals, but not the FW. This combination might be also "faulty".
1.6.4 was faulty (FCC / CE stuck). then they always released another one because the previous one was faulty.
They don’t really deal with ANAFI anymore because ANAFI USA is now their main product. The reason for the rapid successive release of newer and newer firmware is bug fixes. Feature upgrades are more tied to the FF6, it wouldn’t require as many firmware updates. These all fix bugs discovered in the meantime.
Unfortunately, it is a very wrong idea to always update, even if there is no problem with the tool.
I don’t care about the warranty because it wasn’t marketed in my country, so I ordered it from abroad, where it would be quite problematic to return. Not to mention Parrot customer support.
I am much more confident that the last complaint-free firmware will not crash for technical reasons than that I will get a replacement after crashing with a new (and faulty) firmware ...

Reactions: sibujacob
I am using "Touch & fly" POI a lot when I am shooting videos. After the last 2 updates (1.7.6 and 1.7.7), there is a lot of instability in the video, the camera seems to move gently left or right instead of being rock solid focused on the POI.
I have 2 Anafis and they both do the same, so it is not a matter of calibration or hardware. I have tried the function in mild winds and in no winds at all, most of the videos were ruined because of this. You can't complete an orbit around a POI without having this soft shake at least once. Very disappointing!

Στάλθηκε από το MI 5s Plus μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I have 3 anafi for my aerial photography since 2019, the updating records are Free Flight 6: 6.6.9-6.7.0-6.7.1, Sky controller:1.6.3-1.7.0, Drone:1.6.8-1.7.3-1.7.6-1.7.7, and not experienced problems after the firmware updating.

The modern drone or UAV is a high-tech and sophisticated electronic device, it needs keeping updated in both hardware and firmware to catch the new trend and usages for the users, so the device bought now should be better in functionality and stability than before, it is what the science should be.

By the way, If the user do not believe and trust the manufacturer's motive to improve their products. then it is no meaning to use it anymore.

1.6.4 was faulty (FCC / CE stuck). then they always released another one because the previous one was faulty.
They don’t really deal with ANAFI anymore because ANAFI USA is now their main product. The reason for the rapid successive release of newer and newer firmware is bug fixes. Feature upgrades are more tied to the FF6, it wouldn’t require as many firmware updates. These all fix bugs discovered in the meantime.
Unfortunately, it is a very wrong idea to always update, even if there is no problem with the tool.
I don’t care about the warranty because it wasn’t marketed in my country, so I ordered it from abroad, where it would be quite problematic to return. Not to mention Parrot customer support.
I am much more confident that the last complaint-free firmware will not crash for technical reasons than that I will get a replacement after crashing with a new (and faulty) firmware ...
You are collecting all negative points ever mentioned in this forum, put them together and outface new users.
My experience is, that the Anafi is a mostly reliable drone and mine never crashed after a certain update. Of course there were many bug fixes and re- bug fixes, but over time mostly combined with new functions.
This is the task of updates.
But the conflict between "never change a running system" and "keep your system as actual as possible" cannot be solved. There are long threads in this forum about this without result.
My decision: keep Anafi actual (software, firmware, props, checks ...).

I have 3 anafi for my aerial photography since 2019, the updating records are Free Flight 6: 6.6.9-6.7.0-6.7.1, Sky controller:1.6.3-1.7.0, Drone:1.6.8-1.7.3-1.7.6-1.7.7, and not experienced problems after the firmware updating.

The modern drone or UAV is a high-tech and sophisticated electronic device, it needs keeping updated in both hardware and firmware to catch the new trend and usages for the users, so the device bought now should be better in functionality and stability than before, it is what the science should be.

By the way, If the user do not believe and trust the manufacturer's motive to improve their products. then it is no meaning to use it anymore.
What you say really works in a perfect world ... But this world is imperfect. The firmware is written by people and we know that one can make a mistake. Parrot also made mistakes more than once. They acknowledged this themselves! FF6 did not want to connect to the server during one of the firmware updates. This was fixed after a few days with a new release. So you buy a drone, use it and you are happy with it because you don’t experience any mistakes. You will then update the drone and find that you are not following the POI properly. Do you still have the opinion that it should always be updated? (by then you will be forced to upgrade to see if it gets better).
Even now, I confess that there is no need to repair what has not deteriorated! The firmware update only makes sense in two cases:
1. The new firmware brings a significant increase in knowledge
2. Repair a malfunction
Therefore, there is no point in upgrading as long as the drone is working well and you are happy with it. especially so that Parrot doesn’t give me the option to downgrade (at DJI, it’s possible and I needed it because the newer one was faulty).

You are collecting all negative points ever mentioned in this forum, put them together and outface new users.
My experience is, that the Anafi is a mostly reliable drone and mine never crashed after a certain update. Of course there were many bug fixes and re- bug fixes, but over time mostly combined with new functions.
This is the task of updates.
But the conflict between "never change a running system" and "keep your system as actual as possible" cannot be solved. There are long threads in this forum about this without result.
My decision: keep Anafi actual (software, firmware, props, checks ...).
I collect all the negative points to draw attention to possible mistakes. One of these is enough for me not to update the firmware, because I don't have a single of these bugs.
We know that there are several versions of motherboards and cameras on the market so bugs don’t always come up either. Or it is possible that someone thinks that there is no fault with the new firmware because they do not use that faulty function or do not use it that way.
Everyone knows about the error in the battery level display, but not everyone has dropped their drone. This error required certain circumstances.

ciao, I don't know guys I'm really desperate,

after 3 months of inactivity I opened and updated both Skycontroller and drone firmware (1.7.7.-17.0.), after 30 second flight It looked like a suicide manoeuvre from 5 meters heigh running to the ground fast.

Now gimbal is completly destroyed, some damage on camera too.

Do you have any idea if this could be caused by the last update or what else could be?

Screenshot_2021-02-15-11-41-50-583.jpg

Screenshot_2021-02-15-11-42-03-543.jpg

sorry to hear this, really stinks
if you're able to get the flight data json file, maybe you can see additional info using

Was drone and remote calibrated after update and did you have a GPS lock on drone and phone prior to takeoff?

Reactions: Giua
ciao, I don't know guys I'm really desperate,

after 3 months of inactivity I opened and updated both Skycontroller and drone firmware (1.7.7.-17.0.), after 30 second flight It looked like a suicide manoeuvre from 5 meters heigh running to the ground fast.

Now gimbal is completly destroyed, some damage on camera too.

Do you have any idea if this could be caused by the last update or what else could be?

View attachment 5385

View attachment 5386
It did not fall from a height of 5 m, but from 10 m.
On the graph, a value of 5 is green, so that is the speed. The blue value on the left is the altitude value.

Reactions: Giua
Ciao guys, so...

yes I did calibrate, it was mandatory after update of firmware, everything was ready to flight, really I can't understand what happened just for a hovering flight of 30" second

sorry to hear this, really stinks
if you're able to get the flight data json file, maybe you can see additional info using

Was drone and remote calibrated after update and did you have a GPS lock on drone and phone prior to takeoff?
I was following this thread before, now I'm going to search deeply.

Thank you
It did not fall from a height of 5 m, but from 10 m.
On the graph, a value of 5 is green, so that is the speed. The blue value on the left is the altitude value.

yes , sorry, I didn't look properly.

Really unsatisfied by Parrot assistance, and I'm going to disclose why, toy level attitude, and I'm really sad 'cause I love this project

Because power was still On until final impact, could it be a propeller failure, nothing to do with firmware version ?

Reactions: BRC
Because power was still On until final impact, could it be a propeller failure, nothing to do with firmware version ?
sì, c'est ça

most likely. I heard propellers go almost full but drone rolling down diagonally, that's why I think crash was also hard.

Anyway It tourned out was immediately after firmware update.

Now my fxxxing gimbal is broke, little bit camera too, and also it doesn't detect SD card. I'm fxxxing fxxx!

Any suggestions how to fix it? Please!

I wonder if flight logs (JSON and FDR) are still the same with latest FW or if Parrot made some changes/improvements regarding logging files.

@Giua: Sorry to hear about the suicide of the drone. It looks frightening. Is there something recorded in alert_state?

br HE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320