Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Flight 54 would be the final one :(

PascalG

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Lost my Anafi today, flight 54. Which is much better than the two Sparks I had before.

I was shooting video of a friend eFoiling when with 30% battery left it just dropped out of the sky and in the water. So... jump in the dinghy... go to the spot shown by the last recorded position... and we recovered it from about 12’ of water. At least I was able to pull the card and get the footage.

I suspect a prop failure as one of the blade is sheared near the hub. Last frame on the screen showed a frozen picture at about 30 degree tilt angle, consistent with prop failure. But there were sea gulls in the area so who knows ...

Oh well... $500... 54 flights with great footage that s about $10 a flight... pennies per pic or video clip.

not sure yet what I ll do next. Anafi has been good, it’s cheap yet yields great footage. Range is the issue for me as the best I ve gotten was 3/4 of a mile which is marginal for what I want to do. Very tempted by the Mavic Air but I m concerned about DJI big brother restricted zones ... I could use a solid 3 to 4 mile range here when coming to the Bahamas But there are many small airstrips so I don’t want to get locked out...

That sucks....why dont you check classified
there is 1-2 anafis for sale,price is good and you already have skycontroller 3 sitting around ?

Sorry to read this!
Did you update all fw to latest?
Just trying to put pieces into the picture, right now it looks (to me):
Doesn't matter which firmware version, it can happen to all!

Try to dry it, dissasemble every paet which you think that you can, dry what ever you can get with you hand, use contact spray for wires (because of moisture and corosion) and spray every part inside, and leave it in rise at least ten days, and hope that everything going to be ok. If your anafi ia not crushed ofcourse.

I wish you a luck!

I was using an older FW. It was working great all along with good range and stable flight so... if it ain’t broken don’t fix it :)

not worth trying to clean it. Salt water and electronics don’t mix well especially when energized splashing
What does old firmware mean? 1.6.4 is also old, but it was the first faulty firmware ...
I have 1.6.3 on Anafi. Does this happen to misuse the battery as well?

I am thinking that the birds fw is not really at fault. it is assumingly more the "intelligence" of the batteries, which is failing to be failsafe!
Which is not "telling" the bird "my 50/30/20% is just an overall number, not a status for both cells. So I may die before you would assume it"!

What does old firmware mean? 1.6.4 is also old, but it was the first faulty firmware ...
I have 1.6.3 on Anafi. Does this happen to misuse the battery as well?
Anafi Will drop at any firmware and in any configuration. Never in this world has there ever been a drone, by any company, that didn’t drop out of the sky. Not a single model in existence

Ehang Ghostdrone 2.0:cool: were pretty much ahead of their time for not falling out of the sky. the battery management and statistics were great and the company offered unlimited replacements for accidents whilst in warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut