Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Follow Me Mode Issue...

pstine3224

Reaction score
I'm new and I'm sure this question is in here somewhere but I can't find it, I've watched Youtube videos on how to use the mode but in the videos, a screen comes up after you hit follow me mode to another screen that asks which type, auto framing or auto follow mode, I don't get that screen.
I have an IOS system with an Iphone 7 and in the video they have an Android. It does lock on to me and will rotate when I walk around but will not follow. Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

I think you're referring to the GPS check screen. When you activate Follow mode a check screen will come up checking the drone GPS, device GPS and device barometer (if equipped).

Make sure your device has GPS and location is on; also allow the application to access it.

Many iPad's do not have GPS unless you get the cellular version; in this case Anafi will only"cameraman" you. Anafi will stay in one place and only the camera will follow you since it has no valid GPS. The Anafi controller does not have GPS and is dependent on the device.

Not sure about the iPhone I don't have one, make sure it is on the supported list and location is on.

Reactions: pstine3224
I think you're referring to the GPS check screen. When you activate Follow mode a check screen will come up checking the drone GPS, device GPS and device barometer (if equipped).

Make sure your device has GPS and location is on; also allow the application to access it.

Many iPad's do not have GPS unless you get the cellular version; in this case Anafi will only"cameraman" you. Anafi will stay in one place and only the camera will follow you since it has no valid GPS. The Anafi controller does not have GPS and is dependent on the device.

Not sure about the iPhone I don't have one, make sure it is on the supported list and location is on.

Thank you for your response, it is much appreciated. I actually got it to work today but the 2nd screen I spoke of that asks which mode, still did not come up. The only setting change I made was in the "piloting" section changing from "normal" to "joypad.
I have a Skycontroller but don't use it when I try Follow me mode. Next time I do it I will take a screenshot of my phone, there are icons now that I can't identify when in that mode.

Follow me does not work with tablets. Only with phones. It is somewhere in the manual. That's because a tablet is not considered as something you would stick in your pocket on a bike.

Follow me does not work with tablets. Only with phones. It is somewhere in the manual. That's because a tablet is not considered as something you would stick in your pocket on a bike.

I can tell you Follow Me works perfectly fine with a tablet. Many use I-Pads and I use a Android tablet. all of which work with no problems. Either you misunderstood what the manual is stating or the manual is wrong. Please try and find the spot where you read this as I would like to see it for myself.

[CITA = "Agustine, publicación: 27320, miembro: 8"]
Puedo decirte que Sígueme funciona perfectamente bien con una tableta. Muchos usan I-Pads y yo uso una tableta Android. todo lo cual funciona sin problemas. O entendió mal lo que dice el manual o el manual está equivocado. Intenta encontrar el lugar donde lees esto, ya que me gustaría verlo por mí mismo.
[/ CITAR]
[QUOTE = "Dani, publicación: 27319, miembro: 2858"]
Sígueme no funciona con tabletas. Solo con teléfonos. Está en alguna parte del manual. Esto se debe a que una tableta no se considera como algo que podría guardar en su bolsillo en una bicicleta.
[/CITAR]
Tú co.I confirm that With the tablet to me also works the follow me tablet Samsung s5

Thank you for your response Dani, I mentioned in the original thread I have an Iphone but I was thinking about getting a pad so that's good info. I have the Skycontroller and the goggles as well.

Thank you for your response Dani, I mentioned in the original thread I have an Iphone but I was thinking about getting a pad so that's good info. I have the Skycontroller and the goggles as well.

He is totally wrong with his statement. Follow me will work with any Tablet that has a GPS. Even better if it has a Barometer. Even if the Tablet has no GPS you can use a external GPS via Bluetooth as many of the members do.

Reactions: Vegasrobbi
He is totally wrong with his statement. Follow me will work with any Tablet that has a GPS. Even better if it has a Barometer. Even if the Tablet has no GPS you can use a external GPS via Bluetooth as many of the members do.

Thank you all for your input. I failed to mention that I have a Bebop 2 as I have seen references to Anafi. I didn't think I had to because I was in the Bebop Forum but going forward it may be of some help. I would also like to know if there's a way to change the picture mode to take pics that don't look fisheye, the video looks normal but the jpeg pics look like your taking them through a glass bottle?

t the jpeg pics look like your taking them through a glass bottle?

That is correct. It is the image as it is projected onto the sensor. You need something like adobe lightroom to correct this.

Reactions: Luis Gálvez
Thank you Dani, I will check into that, for now I have found that if I zoom in and crop it or use the snipping tool, the picture looks somewhat normal as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut