Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

follow me not working help needed

carlos17

Reaction score
hi everyone im a newbie at this drone thing ive had a few flights now and im really enjoying it but im trying to get follow me to work but no joy
ive got a samsung s8 it has a barometer and gps ive tested both and are working ok im using the sc2 black and bebop2 any help appreciated please ps when i connect i always turn on airplane mode in phone Screenshot_20200903-194605_FreeFlight Pro.jpg

I know that enabling airplane mode on an S8 will disable the GPS receiver unless you go and manually reenable it AFTER turning on airplane mode. The barometer might potentially be a permissions issue, but I'm not 100% sure, so check the app permissions to see if you've allowed location services.

I know that enabling airplane mode on an S8 will disable the GPS receiver unless you go and manually reenable it AFTER turning on airplane mode. The barometer might potentially be a permissions issue, but I'm not 100% sure, so check the app permissions to see if you've allowed location services.
ive just checked with a gps app and in airplane mode phone still picks up 26 satellites so still struggling here

That's definitely odd. I'll go see if I can find my old S8 and test it out on my own and see if I can reproduce the issue. I'm sure it's in some drawer or a box somewhere... Did you check the app permissions yet? The barometer relies on the gps/location services to function

yes ive checked permissions its in settings biometrics and security and all permissions on ok thanks so not sure whats going on

I have tried it on another smart phone a ulephone non descript brand a d follow me works so it must be a problem with samsung s8 i have heard of probs with s9 aswell but havent got one to try

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fae