Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Follow me unstable

Shadi

Reaction score
From some of the reviews I have seen the Follow Me mode depends on your phone or tablet. Basically some work better then others. I have no idea which might work better but I guess it all depend on how well the GPS and barometer in your phone works.
Hello Guys, I am relatively new to the forum - I am recently having a problem with my Bebop 2 Follow-Me Feature (used to work a week ago). In the auto-follow checklist page, it complains about GPS : "can't launch auto-follow with a weak GPS signal". Drone GPS is checked, but "Device GPS signal" and "Device barometer" remain unchecked. Tried different locations, resynced my galaxy note 8 phon's compass, factory reset Bebop 2, reinstalled FFP, ... with not avail. No apps running in the background, WiFi/Bluetooth off. I am getting a bit desperate. Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated - Thanks

Hello Guys, I am relatively new to the forum - I am recently having a problem with my Bebop 2 Follow-Me Feature (used to work a week ago). In the auto-follow checklist page, it complains about GPS : "can't launch auto-follow with a weak GPS signal". Drone GPS is checked, but "Device GPS signal" and "Device barometer" remain unchecked. Tried different locations, resynced my galaxy note 8 phon's compass, factory reset Bebop 2, reinstalled FFP, ... with not avail. No apps running in the background, WiFi/Bluetooth off. I am getting a bit desperate. Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated - Thanks

Follow me depends on the GPS supplied by the device in your case the tablet. If the device is equipped with a barometer that will be used for dynamic altitude control.

I am not familiar with the Galaxy Note however make sure GPS is enabled and set to high accuracy. You might try checking this on Google Maps make sure it can find your location within a reasonable amount of accuracy. If your device is equipped with a barometer the check mark will show next to the barometer otherwise you will not have Dynamic altitude control.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Follow me depends on the GPS supplied by the device in your case the tablet. If the device is equipped with a barometer that will be used for dynamic altitude control.

I am not familiar with the Galaxy Note however make sure GPS is enabled and set to high accuracy. You might try checking this on Google Maps make sure it can find your location within a reasonable amount of accuracy. If your device is equipped with a barometer the check mark will show next to the barometer otherwise you will not have Dynamic altitude control.
Thanks Vegasrobbi for your quick response - My phone's GPS seems to be working fine on other apps including Google Maps, Waze, Compass, etc. Also, the device (phone) is already set with High Accuracy. It appears that there is a GPS-related setting somewhere on the device that is probably not set correctly for allowing the GPS work with the FFP app. The puzzling part is that it worked once about a week ago ( Drone GPS, Device GPS signal and Device barometer all were checked). Thanks again ...

Have you tried to delete and reload the app? On occasion when GPS signal is weak I have had my Mini 4 GPS not get the green check mark.

Have you tried to delete and reload the app? On occasion when GPS signal is weak I have had my Mini 4 GPS not get the green check mark.
I did delete/reload the app (3rd time), it finally started working:) Thanks so much Vegasrobbi for your help!

I've come from an iPhone 7 Plus with internal barometer and have had no issues with altitude track mode in the past. The auto follow setup screen showed three green check marks next to device gps, drone gps and also barometer with the iPhone 7 Plus.
I bought a Huawei P20 Pro, without internal barometer. The setup screen showed a green check for drone and device GPS but a red x next to barometer. I returned this phone.
I bought a Huawei Mate 20 Pro with internal barometer. The setup screen shows a green check for drone and device GPS but a yellow check next to barometer.

Does anyone know what this means? Perhaps it implies it found an internal barometer but it is of unknown type and cannot guarantee compatibility with altitude track? Will test within the week and report back whether it actually works or not. I wonder how many more Bebop pilots have made smartphone selection based on the requirement for an internal barometer.

*Fwiw, aside from iPhone 7+ and Samsung Galaxy flagships S8+, most manufacturers don't include them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut