Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FPV solution for Anafi

LivinLarge

Reaction score
I have a relatively inexpensive solution for viewing FPV with the Parrot Anafi. I use Vuzix iwear Goggles ($99) and ScreenBeam Mini 2 wireless display adapter ($49). Also required is an HDMI adapter female to female ($3.50) to connect the ScreenBeam to the goggles and a small power bank ($8) to supply voltage to the ScreenBeam.
I use my phone's (Samsung Note 5) Smart View feature to cast to the ScreenBeam which is connected by HDMI adapter to the Vuzix goggles. The latency is fairly low, not good enough for fast flying but fine for aerial photography.
The goggles mount on your head in a way so that you can look at the screen or look down and see underneath them to view the RC or phone. Without removing the goggles, you can tilt your head back and see the Anafi. The image is bright and easy to see in daylight. The resolution is 1280 x 720 each eye. The goggles fit over my glasses and I can see a clear, sharp image without need for adjustment or any added diotper lenses. These are the first goggles I have found that work well for me and I have tried a lot of them.

Attachments

• connections.JPG
    connections.JPG
    833.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Goggles.JPG
    Goggles.JPG
    615.2 KB · Views: 123
Can you post a link to the screen beam please? I got the Avegant Glyph headset which is a similar set up. It’s great.

Great...just ordered one. So if this works, I’ve got goggles that work on all cameras from analog fatshark to WiFi and phones. You could use this on all the selfie phone drones also. My rig for racing is pretty funny and kind of looks like a bomb between the batteries, receiver, and cables. Anafi in goggles would be awesome as I trust it more then any other camera I own. It’s my lowest stress flyer with the best camera. Would that they’d build one about the Karma size and put a 1” with zoom on there.

Looks like a great solution - however the ScreenBeam is an active WiFi device - might this not interfere with Anafi reception?

And not all phones will work with it so check that first. I had to get a good Samsung 8 for reliable connection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Looks like a great solution - however the ScreenBeam is an active WiFi device - might this not interfere with Anafi reception?
The ScreenBeam has a WiFi receiver. It does not transmit a WiFi signal. Your Phone will have WiFi transmitting video to the ScreenBeam. I have not had any issues with it interfering.

Reactions: Skydreamer
The ScreenBeam has a WiFi receiver. It does not transmit a WiFi signal. Your Phone will have WiFi transmitting video to the ScreenBeam. I have not had any issues with it interfering.

To fly FPV....Couldn't you also use the NVidia Shield tablet which has an HDMI out port, with a pair of Fat Shark goggles? I.E. USB from the controller to the tablet, then HDMI from the table to the Fat Shark goggles.. ..

To fly FPV....Couldn't you also use the NVidia Shield tablet which has an HDMI out port, with a pair of Fat Shark goggles? I.E. USB from the controller to the tablet, then HDMI from the table to the Fat Shark goggles.. ..
That should work with any goggles that have HDMI input. The NVidia Shield is pretty old. Does it still work with the latest version of the Anafi software/firmware?

That should work with any goggles that have HDMI input. The NVidia Shield is pretty old. Does it still work with the latest version of the Anafi software/firmware?

Currently don't own an ANAFI, though contemplating a purchase. Any reason the Nvidia Shield wouldn't work as a viewing platform for the ANAFI? Software on the Shield is up to date.

Currently don't own an ANAFI, though contemplating a purchase. Any reason the Nvidia Shield wouldn't work as a viewing platform for the ANAFI? Software on the Shield is up to date.
I don't have the Nvidia Shield. Perhaps someone here could give a definite answer. My concern was that it has an older quad core processor and it seems that the Free Flight app works best with devices having octacore or better processors.

I don't have the Nvidia Shield. Perhaps someone here could give a definite answer. My concern was that it has an older quad core processor and it seems that the Free Flight app works best with devices having octacore or better processors.

To date, I can fly the Mavic Pro using the DJIGo4 app, w/o any hiccups, so I presumed Parrot's Free Flight app for the ANAFI should work as well ??

No guarantees. I have a Nexus 7 which worked with Go4 app. Later updates caused occasional dropouts of video but it still works. It does not work for Anafi, just black screen. It has a quad core processor as well. Also my 10" Fire tablet works with Go4 app but not Anafi.

No guarantees. I have a Nexus 7 which worked with Go4 app. Later updates caused occasional dropouts of video but it still works. It does not work for Anafi, just black screen. It has a quad core processor as well. Also my 10" Fire tablet works with Go4 app but not Anafi.

Weird I know. I wish Parrot would post a list of phones / Tablets that are compatible with the ANAFI software, like DJI does. I can fly my Bebop2 using the NVIDIA Shield tablet.

Weird I know. I wish Parrot would post a list of phones / Tablets that are compatible with the ANAFI software, like DJI does. I can fly my Bebop2 using the NVIDIA Shield tablet.
These lists are difficult to keep up to date. Phone/tablet software changes and the drone apps and firmware change. Many that were on the DJI list stopped working with later revisions of the Go4app. Perhaps a better way would be to list the hardware and version requirements, for example: 2 GHz Octacore processor with 2 G of ram and 32 G memory with Android 6 or later.
A very important feature which is not advertised for most devices is the brightness, contrast and visibility in sunlight.

These lists are difficult to keep up to date. Phone/tablet software changes and the drone apps and firmware change. Many that were on the DJI list stopped working with later revisions of the Go4app. Perhaps a better way would be to list the hardware and version requirements, for example: 2 GHz Octacore processor with 2 G of ram and 32 G memory with Android 6 or later.
A very important feature which is not advertised for most devices is the brightness, contrast and visibility in sunlight.

I agree. You would think that big name companies like DJI and Parrot, to name a few, would bend over backwards to keep their consumer base informed on all aspects of their products. It was a shame not to see Parrot at the Las Vegas CES show this year. If nothing else, they could have highlighted the ANAFI, and discussed with the public future plan / upgrades or products they plan to make available. Going forward... W/O having the ANAFI in my possession, what's the most likely means to determine whether or not FPV can be achieved... ? Being that the Bebop2 does well with the NVIDIA Shield and FPV, I'd like to believe the ANAFI would do the same, albeit the Freeflight software is a bit different.

Best bet would be to ask on the RCGroups Anafi forum or on one of the Facebook groups for Anafi to see if anyone is using that device successfully.

Yup, it does

Phone & Tablet Compatibility List[/QUOT]

I will second that motion. Using a pair of Fat Shark Dominator V3 goggles, today I successfully flew FPV. Telemetry was good and everything shown on the tablet was mirrored to the goggles. connection as follows:

Tablet: NVIDIA Shield
Cable connections: USB cable with micro end from the controller to the tablet. Then, HDMI cable from the tablet to Fat Shark goggles (Cable provided with Fat Shark goggles). When prompted on the tablet, select Mirror mode, and set Fat Shark goggles to 2d viewing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut