Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

France’s Parrot has left the toy drone market

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
France’s Parrot has left the toy drone market, a spokesperson for the company confirmed to The Verge on Friday. “Parrot has stopped the production and development of any drone but the Anafi and its variations,” the spokesperson said, adding that the company no longer has any Mambo or Swing drones in stock (though some are available through resellers).

Personally, I feel like this means Parrot can focus resources on (what are probably) higher margin products like higher end drones, rather than trying to compete with the crowded market of Chinese made toy drones. Of course that is just a gut response and not based upon any real knowledge of Parrot's strategy or financial condition. Just thinking out loud.

Reactions: C. Mudgeon
Personally, I feel like this means Parrot can focus resources on (what are probably) higher margin products like higher end drones, rather than trying to compete with the crowded market of Chinese made toy drones ...
I concur. If this makes the company leaner and meaner, then so much the better for us. If they were to discontinue the ANAFI, I’d run out and buy three more.

They made a mountain of money off those for a while, but by now people have understood that a $100-200 toy they would play with twice wasn't worth it so the river has dried out.

Parrot's mistake was not focusing only on serious drone. All these "toys" like mini-drones and airplanes they made were cheap trash. I hope they understood the lesson!

Parrot's mistake was not focusing only on serious drone. All these "toys" like mini-drones and airplanes they made were cheap trash
The toys were actually good and way above anything like them, and they sold well... Their mistake was not to make them (the company grew tremendously thanks to them) but to ignore "serious drones" until they were done with these instead of working on them in parallel, made them enter that market too late to get a part of the cake.

Reactions: dmbrody

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut