Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

free flight pro problem

newtoallthis

Reaction score
I'm just getting my Bebop 2 ready for it's first flight (with me anyway), I've taken the props off and have connected it up indoors, Flypad and mobile phone are connecting, and I'm able to go through the various settings in Free Flight. If I hit take off the motors start up but within a few seconds I get a message saying Free Flight has failed, 3 questions...... 1: Any idea why this is happening 2: Any idea what I should do about it? (delete Free Flight and reinstall?), and more importantly to me 3: If it does this while I'm actually flying the drone will RTH kick in or will said drone fly off into the sunset? Thanks.

I'm just getting my Bebop 2 ready for it's first flight (with me anyway), I've taken the props off and have connected it up indoors, Flypad and mobile phone are connecting, and I'm able to go through the various settings in Free Flight. If I hit take off the motors start up but within a few seconds I get a message saying Free Flight has failed, 3 questions...... 1: Any idea why this is happening 2: Any idea what I should do about it? (delete Free Flight and reinstall?), and more importantly to me 3: If it does this while I'm actually flying the drone will RTH kick in or will said drone fly off into the sunset? Thanks.

The warning is probably meant as a warning that there are no props on your engines. Put them on the engines and take your Bebop outside on a piece of free land without houses and trees nearby and fly at low altitude and near you if it's a warning for other things.

It is not your APP and phone that control your Bebop's flight, but your controller's stick and therefore you alone. ;)

Fly safe, regards, Leif.

The warning is probably meant as a warning that there are no props on your engines. Put them on the engines and take your Bebop outside on a piece of free land without houses and trees nearby and fly at low altitude and near you if it's a warning for other things.

It is not your APP and phone that control your Bebop's flight, but your controller's stick and therefore you alone. ;)

Fly safe, regards, Leif.
Thanks, so if the app on my phone fails I can still use RTH on the controller? (Sorry this is like learning another language to me)

Thanks, so if the app on my phone fails I can still use RTH on the controller? (Sorry this is like learning another language to me)

Yes the RTH button on the controller is still working when you are waiting to fly until Bebop's GPS has got lock (green GPS mark for Bebop in APP). :)

Regards, Leif.

Fly safe, regards, Leif.
Hi,he is using Flypad,flypad controlls phone trought bluetooth and phone controlls Bebop 2,freeflight pro failed is usually connected to app crash where app closes and android tells you about fail.....i did hundredss of tests without props.never had such message only after app crash

Last edited:
Hi,he is using Flypad,flypad controlls phone trought bluetooth and phone controlls Bebop 2,freeflight pro failed is usually connected to app crash where app closes and android tells you about fail.....i did hundredss of tests without props.never had such message only after app crash

Yes, I am mistaken when it is that way. I have only flown a Bebop 2 once when they were just sent on the market and do not remember that there was anything special about it.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Skydreamer
I tried my drone for the first time today, not good! The drone takes off and hovers as it should but none of the controls work, then Free Flight Pro crashes and the on off button on the controller starts flashing green, then I have to grab hold of the drone and switch it off. All batteries are on 100%, GPS is green and all looks good, just doesn't work good. Anybody able to help at all? Thanks.

Restart yourphone and try again,connect everything,in freeflight pro hit controller icon,button mapping ,in uuper right hand corner should be Reset button,hit it ,try to fly...if problem persist try different phone

Freeflightpro has been crashing with my phone. Bebop takes off ok & hovers then app crashes. I'm using android 8 and I've found switching off phone's GPS and restarting app allows me to regain connection. I think there's maybe issues with android 8 and the current version of FFP.
Mick

Hi,yes there is problem with freeflight pro and android 8 since april 2018,it causing issues with FPV telemetry when bebop is connected to skycontroller....i didnt know its also causing issues when flypad is connected to phone....only parrot can fix that problem......in frreflight pro setting go to Interface/Show Minimap and choose Never...it might help you with problem

Tried my drone again with 2 different Samsung phones, same result, hit take off and the app crashes. So I tried an older Motorola phone and the drone works perfectly, put the Samsung back on and the app crashed again. I've now kept the Motorola as a dedicated screen for my drone. I'll try again next weekend. Thanks for your help.

I tried my drone for the first time today, not good! The drone takes off and hovers as it should but none of the controls work, then Free Flight Pro crashes and the on off button on the controller starts flashing green, then I have to grab hold of the drone and switch it off. All batteries are on 100%, GPS is green and all looks good, just doesn't work good. Anybody able to help at all? Thanks.

Try resetting it....power the drone on then with it own push the button and hold in for at least 10 seconds it will reset itself...don't bother it...it takes about 12 to 15 mins.....(there is a video about resetting the drone on Youtube)...follow the directions...

to reset your bebop2 drone just turn it on then press the power bottom for about 15 seconds and let the drone go though the process. the your all reset

I've recently become the proud (?) owner of an original Bebop Quadcopter. I believe that it was only used maybe one time, as the protective plastic was still installed over the batteries, and bottom of the drone. (I had to buy another battery, as I couldn't get the old ones to recharge. :-(.) I have an Android galaxy S8 Phone, and as soon as I press the Takeoff button I get a message that the freeflight pro 5.2.3 has crashed. the Bebop will hover correctly, but not respond to phone commands, or shutoff with the power button. (My thumb, and 1st finger will attest to that.) I contacted Parrot, and customer support was great, and responded well within the 48hr window. Unfortunately, it appears that the "works with Android & IOS", marketing is incorrect, as it will only work with some Android, and (of course) Apple. Unfortunately, I have no IOS devices. It seems that the Newer Android devices ARE NOT completely compatible with Freeflightpro software. I won't be buying a flight controller, flightpad, or Bebop2, flight planner, or any Parrot device until they can resolve this problem. This does look like its a great little quadcopter. Hope that they can get this resolved..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut