Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FreeFlight Pro Android Issue

I would do a complete reset of the problem BB2 and Controller and then update to lasted if needed and then reinstall software on the S7 with issues you make have to clear the phone as a last resort (make sure no defaults USB connections are set). Make sure it will fly without FPV after reset. I have had several instances were the BB2 needs hard reset.

I would do a complete reset of the problem BB2 and Controller and then update to lasted if needed and then reinstall software on the S7 with issues you make have to clear the phone as a last resort (make sure no defaults USB connections are set). Make sure it will fly without FPV after reset. I have had several instances were the BB2 needs hard reset.
Hi Ironsky! There are no issues with either S7 just the BB2! I have another bb2 that connects to both phones without issues! I have "reset" the BB2 several times without any change! It doesn't always display it's Wifi name so I suspect there is a problem there but don't know how to resolve it

Time to start swapping parts. AT least you can get them for BB2 . I would start with the board that the antennae are terminated to. Ant are in the legs on BB2 pretty easy to take apart (not like the anafi). The module on top of camera is GPS.

Main board has ant connections
1549732851725.png

Looks like around 120 maybe less exspensive to buy another BB2

Time to start swapping parts. AT least you can get them for BB2 . I would start with the board that the antennae are terminated to. Ant are in the legs on BB2 pretty easy to take apart (not like the anafi). The module on top of camera is GPS.

Main board has ant connections
View attachment 1218

Looks like around 120 maybe less exspensive to buy another BB2

Hi Ironsky1! Received today a GPS board from the US of A! Done nothing with it yet because I have a Galaxy Note 2 without sim card which I propose attempting to connect to the Bebop2! Which board would you suggest puts out the network ID? I do appreciate hearing from you cos boy do I need help?

I would be guessing however it appear everything passes through mainboard.

One more test have you flown with just your phone or tablet to take controller out as a point of failure? They are a little harder to fly with just touch screen controls it will tell you if it is an issue binding the bb2 to sky controller

I would be guessing however it appear everything passes through mainboard.

One more test have you flown with just your phone or tablet to take controller out as a point of failure? They are a little harder to fly with just touch screen controls it will tell you if it is an issue binding the bb2 to sky controller
Hi Ironsky1! I haven't tried the controller yet! It was supplied used with an SC1 but I have also an SC2! Just tried connecting to the Galaxy Note 2 and looks more promising! I have broadband in the house and the note connects to it & then swaps to the drone but no video shown? Should I be trying to connect these outdoors or indoors please? It connects but no video then it disconnects & reconnects to my broadband! It looks like it's the main board I does not connect to wifi! The other BB2 connects with video! I'll try the new board but it looks like I have lots of spares!

Last edited:
It is simple.

1-Turn on BB2
2-Turn on device
3-Go to wifi you should see BB2 there
4-Connect you do not need internet
5-Start app you should have control from touch screen

It is simple.

1-Turn on BB2
2-Turn on device
3-Go to wifi you should see BB2 there
4-Connect you do not need internet
5-Start app you should have control from touch screen
Ironsky1! That is exactly what happens with the BB2 that connects with all three phones! I'm aware that the internet is not needed! But should I be trying this outside rather than in the house! My broadband is part of a network? I have contacted the guy I bought it from & I suspect he was aware of what has happened!

I have done this inside or out. You have to manually connect device to bb2 in settings other it will go back to your gateway which has a stronger signal

I have done this inside or out. You have to manually connect device to bb2 in settings other it will go back to your gateway which has a stronger signal
Hi! Ironsky1! Now that I can relate to! That appears to be what the "red" BB2 is doing! I have an app on the "note 2" called "smart switching" which seems to assist the "red BB2" in going back to the gateway! To which "settings" do you refer please? I purchased both BB2's from Ebay in the UK! One is a red BB"" with 52 hours flying logged using. I'm told, an Ipad on a SC1 controller whilst the other was almost new with only 0.25 hours flying logged on test using an SC2! It came with a prop missing, presumed destroyed! and slight damage to the nose which I replaced! When challenged the seller owned up to the damage saying he need to check that it did fly? It is a white FPV version & although I have never tried it I presume it will fly! It connects to the S7 and the app immediately and shows video! The "red" BB2 doesn't although it did when I first received it! The signal it puts out seems to weaken everytime it is connected, when asked the seller doesn't even reply? I await a wifi board costing £11 GBP, due tomorrow! and I will be replacing the nose on that which shows signs of wear near the Parrot logo & a crack in the EPP! Your comments are welcomed & very much appreciated! Thank you! I once visited a town called Bowling Green in Ohio USA!

Last edited:
The setting is in "settings" (gear on Note) This is for tablet control only
1-Select Wifi
2-Select the BB2 you want to fly BB2 must be on first
(it will not retain this in some instances do not set as default for USB unless you only have one FreeFlight Pro installed it tends to get confused if you are flying multiple parrot drones)

If you are using a controller I would suggest binding one controller to one BB2 and do not switch
(I had two BB2 with problems if I swapped controllers) I set one to SC1 one to SC2
You have to clear the bindings by resetting devices one at a time in pairs start out from scratch (see manual)
get the BB2 to fly without a tablet just bound to controller then add the tablet last

For DJI and Parrot I always use this sequence : (this has proven the most successful for me)

1-Start the drone and let it stabilize
2-Start the controller it should bind and give feed back to state
3-Then connect tablet to controller

I lived in England for 6 months in Letchworth when my dad was on project and I was 16 loved the area.
Bowling Green OH is about 400 mile from us in northwest Illinois.

The setting is in "settings" (gear on Note) This is for tablet control only
1-Select Wifi
2-Select the BB2 you want to fly BB2 must be on first
(it will not retain this in some instances do not set as default for USB unless you only have one FreeFlight Pro installed it tends to get confused if you are flying multiple parrot drones)

If you are using a controller I would suggest binding one controller to one BB2 and do not switch
(I had two BB2 with problems if I swapped controllers) I set one to SC1 one to SC2
You have to clear the bindings by resetting devices one at a time in pairs start out from scratch (see manual)
get the BB2 to fly without a tablet just bound to controller then add the tablet last

For DJI and Parrot I always use this sequence : (this has proven the most successful for me)

1-Start the drone and let it stabilize
2-Start the controller it should bind and give feed back to state
3-Then connect tablet to controller

I lived in England for 6 months in Letchworth when my dad was on project and I was 16 loved the area.
Bowling Green OH is about 400 mile from us in northwest Illinois.
Hi Ironsky1 I will try these later it's 2:35 am here in the UK! I live in a village called Maltby in South Yorkshire just off the M18/M1! Letchworth is about 140 miles south towards the M11! I do really appreciate your help! I hold an H rating with the BMFA and am more used to fuel or electric helicopters than drones like the BB2! I have a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus which I bought many years ago & never flew! I has been surpassed now by the Phantom 3 & 4! I bought the two BB2's on a whim! The DJI has it's own controller and I use 2x J R McGregor 9X computer radios for my fuel helis along wth a JR X384! one of the 9X's is on a 2.4Mhz module & the other 9X and X384 are on 35 Mhz channel 57! I'm 75! And recently recovered from cancer although I now have AF having suffered a heart attack in 2015 when I was working! I'm a retired Mechanical Engineer with a history in Mechanical Handling & Cryogenics! I tell you these things not to bore you but to give you some idea as to why the interest in Bebop 2's! Kind of fills out the story! When I was 35 or so I was offered a job with Bethlehem Steel but declined! Since then I have been to Manhatten, Miami, Los Vegas, Boulder (Space Pens) Denver in Colorado & Ohio where my Brit mate, Dave Slater lives (BP limey)with his American wife! I love America & the American people moreso when they are in America than when they are anywhere else! Are you familiar with Mildenhall in the UK (near Lutterworth)? Big USAF base from where they used to fly the Lockheed SR71 & U2? Right alongside the M11 going down to the Thames Tunnel on the M25! I have a friend called Mike Malone who is a Riverboat Captain in the Gulf Area! I email him occsionally & he sends me photos from his travels! I have two Samsung Tab 2's so I will try to bind the white BB2 to that! I think I need either a miracle or some serious part swapping on the red BB2! i think the camera has stopped working on that one hence no video and the split in the EPP nose cone! The seller has been "economical" with the truth!

Last edited:
Flying helo's must be very challenging. Never fly anything but Quads started about 4 years ago to keep busy and use my design and and engineering skills. I have a engineering and mechannical design backgroud. Retired at 55 and went back to work a 65 as datacenter project manager . At 73 I find the drones keep me thinking. Good luck with the BB2 and controllers.

Hi! Ironsky! I aquired my "H" rating about 15 years ago! Drones & fixed wing don't compare! A heli is unstable! Something akin to trying to balance a steel ball in the middle of a convex steel tray! Take your eyes off it for a second & it's gone! It's all down to subtle but firm movement of the control sticks! Just like the real thing! Tried it once A did I sweat! So I have 18 hours in the left seat of a Cessna 152 until my daughter gave me something called "benign viral vertigo" for which my GP grounded me and then I had cancer followed by a heart attack so didn't complete my 46 hours for my PPL! That's when & why I turned to the models! I have a Thundertiger Raptor 30 & an Align 700 50 both burning Nitro Fuel! I have an Align 250 & 450 electric helis and a MCPx "brushless" blade which is a bit of a "handfull" I went to a Druid wedding where they were using a drone to film it & I was impressed when the lad put down the controller & fetched me a beer whilst the drone hovered steadily at around 30 ft altitude and maintained it's position in a breeze! I was hooked so I bought the DJI Phantom Vision Plus & a Syma X5C! i now have a SYMA X56W and two Bebop 2's! Only flown the X5C! I also have 6x fixed wing nitro fuel models, two of which I haven't flown! A PT19 & a P51 Mustang! I guess you might say I'm serios about model flight! I have a degree in engineering & I'm a "time served" fitter! I don't work anymore but I do play around with Solid Modelling! I have a seat of Dassaults Solid Works & one of Autodesks Inventor! I am also a fairly regular 2D CAD user! I used to be a passionate motorcycle rider but the Arthritis stopped that!
I think the main board has given up in the red BB2 so I intend to swap that when I receive a replacement! I intend to concentrate on the white BB2 since it readily connects to the SC2 and shows live video! Possible 1st test flight on 12 Feb! Tomorrow! Fingers & legs crossed?
Best Regards
Henry Walker

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Recently bought a Parrot Bebop 2 drone for my son's birthday. It is a fantastic drone and my son is over the moon. The only problem is the FreeFlight Pro app only works on my iPhone, and not on my son's Android phone (version 5.2.3). Within a couple of seconds of take off the app keeps crashing. Cannot get it to work at all.

I have had lots of contact with the Parrot helpline over the past 2 months, who keep sending me nice emails, but essentially have done the square root of nothing to fix the problem.

I have read lots of posts and tried many things, including deleting and reinstalling the app, and disabling the mini map functionality, but doesn't seem to work.

It is more than just a shame as it obviously renders a very expensive piece of kit useless. Does anyone here have any ideas? I would be most grateful to hear from anyone who has encountered the same issue.

Thanks
Hi! I use a Galaxy Note II with FFP without issues?

Hi! Ironsky! I aquired my "H" rating about 15 years ago! Drones & fixed wing don't compare! A heli is unstable! Something akin to trying to balance a steel ball in the middle of a convex steel tray! Take your eyes off it for a second & it's gone! It's all down to subtle but firm movement of the control sticks! Just like the real thing! Tried it once A did I sweat! So I have 18 hours in the left seat of a Cessna 152 until my daughter gave me something called "benign viral vertigo" for which my GP grounded me and then I had cancer followed by a heart attack so didn't complete my 46 hours for my PPL! That's when & why I turned to the models! I have a Thundertiger Raptor 30 & an Align 700 50 both burning Nitro Fuel! I have an Align 250 & 450 electric helis and a MCPx "brushless" blade which is a bit of a "handfull" I went to a Druid wedding where they were using a drone to film it & I was impressed when the lad put down the controller & fetched me a beer whilst the drone hovered steadily at around 30 ft altitude and maintained it's position in a breeze! I was hooked so I bought the DJI Phantom Vision Plus & a Syma X5C! i now have a SYMA X56W and two Bebop 2's! Only flown the X5C! I also have 6x fixed wing nitro fuel models, two of which I haven't flown! A PT19 & a P51 Mustang! I guess you might say I'm serios about model flight! I have a degree in engineering & I'm a "time served" fitter! I don't work anymore but I do play around with Solid Modelling! I have a seat of Dassaults Solid Works & one of Autodesks Inventor! I am also a fairly regular 2D CAD user! I used to be a passionate motorcycle rider but the Arthritis stopped that!
I think the main board has given up in the red BB2 so I intend to swap that when I receive a replacement! I intend to concentrate on the white BB2 since it readily connects to the SC2 and shows live video! Possible 1st test flight on 12 Feb! Tomorrow! Fingers & legs crossed?
Best Regards
Henry Walker
Flying helo's must be very challenging. Never fly anything but Quads started about 4 years ago to keep busy and use my design and and engineering skills. I have a engineering and mechannical design backgroud. Retired at 55 and went back to work a 65 as datacenter project manager . At 73 I find the drones keep me thinking. Good luck with the BB2 and controllers.
Hi Ironsky 1! Didn't fly the white BB2 because I had issues with a muppet on Ebay! Wanted me to drive 490 mile round trip to collect the main board when we had agree £1.77 postage? I have another arriving next Wednesday 21st hopefully! I need to better understand the flight planner map installer in FFP!
Regards
Aitch

Hi! I use a Galaxy Note II with FFP without issues?
Try a different android phone or tablet note the version of android os if it works reset the problem phone to fresh install of OS with just FFP installed. There are a lot of variables from device to device some can be problematic. I USE note 5 with no sim card just wifi i also use samsung tab 2 and tab 3 tablets.

Try a different android phone or tablet note the version of android os if it works reset the problem phone to fresh install of OS with just FFP installed. There are a lot of variables from device to device some can be problematic. I USE note 5 with no sim card just wifi i also use samsung tab 2 and tab 3 tablets.
Ironsky! Sir? I'm stuck? Please help? FP? How do I put a map of my local are on FP? Please?

Make sure geolocation is on in google maps load map zoom in to your area then start FFP go to FP and there is a option to load save local maps . ONce that is done the BB2 will work in the field away from areas you cannot load maps.

I beleive that is what you are asking correct

Make sure geolocation is on in google maps load map zoom in to your area then start FFP go to FP and there is a option to load save local maps . ONce that is done the BB2 will work in the field away from areas you cannot load maps.

I beleive that is what you are asking correct
Absolutely Ironsky1! Why didn't I think of that? LOL!
Thank you!
Aitch

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar