Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

FreeFlight Pro Android Issue

Absolutely Ironsky1! Why didn't I think of that? LOL!
Thank you!
Aitch
Ironsky1? FFP is insisting I calibrate the drone & connect to it before I can produce a flight plan! Plus the screen in the FFP guide is not the same screen that I get?
Aitch

You need to check the list of compatible devices on the Parrot Site....it just doesn't work on everything...works on my S6, not on my S7, not on my Galaxy Tab 4..with different OS...
Mine works on s6 and p10 hwawei but cant get hud display but i can on s6 wtf going on parrot why sell drone if u cant use it on fone

.... wtf going on parrot why sell drone if u cant use it on fone
Because there are about 1,000 different phones and tablets out there and code for one may be mutually exclusive to others. Utterly impossible. What amazes me is that the App works on so many devices!

Recently bought a Parrot Bebop 2 drone for my son's birthday. It is a fantastic drone and my son is over the moon. The only problem is the FreeFlight Pro app only works on my iPhone, and not on my son's Android phone (version 5.2.3). Within a couple of seconds of take off the app keeps crashing. Cannot get it to work at all.

I have had lots of contact with the Parrot helpline over the past 2 months, who keep sending me nice emails, but essentially have done the square root of nothing to fix the problem.

I have read lots of posts and tried many things, including deleting and reinstalling the app, and disabling the mini map functionality, but doesn't seem to work.

It is more than just a shame as it obviously renders a very expensive piece of kit useless. Does anyone here have any ideas? I would be most grateful to hear from anyone who has encountered the same issue.

Thanks
Hi! I'm a little confused cos I have two s7's, an s5, a noteII and a tab II ! All work when I put them in aircraft mode so that they won't recive any updates, calls, texts or signal of any kind! I don't work for Apple either & frankly woun't buy an iphone of any kind! I did 6 years ago, a 3g! Threw it in a drawer after two weeks and it's been there ever since and thats where I prefer it to stay! I prefer the tablet cos it won't receive texts or calls as won't the Note II cos the sim was removed! End of amazement and I hope you take note! Lol! BTW Parrot make drones and bluetooth devices! They are not smart phone experts! Also you are recommended to use the Sky controller! I have version one in my loft as a reserve weapon against intruders but I have 3x Skycontrller 2's and on top of all that I have 3x Parrott Bebop 2's, a DJI Phantom 2 vision +, two nitro fuel helicopters, a Thundertiger Raptor 30, & an align 700, three electric helis an MCPX, an align 500, an align 450 numerous fixed wing aircraft, fuel & electric and 2x 9x JR radios with DM9 modules and a Jr X378? I don't come on here very often but I consider the Bebop 2 to be quite inexpensive? Around £400 new! even less preowned whereas the DJI Phantom is around £1500 new! Forgot to mention I also have a SYMA XC5 & A SYMA 56w!
If I can be of help message me but please note that there are no issues, that I'm aware of, with the Samsung Phones and the FreeFlight Pro App apart from self inflicted ones! Enjoy! Henry H Walker Engineer (Retd)Just remembered! When I first joined this site I had bought a BB2 preowned from a guy who ademantely told me he only flew it on an Apple tablet? Two weeks went by and it expired! Wouldn't aquire the network ID? I resolved that issue and it now works fine! The only doubts I have is with the Flight Planner? DJI have a similar system but supply a controller where the phone is only used for viewing through the GoPro camera not for "controlling" the drone! Maybe that's why the BB2" is less expensive! I have the goggles for the BB2 but you need an assistant to use them so I never do! The phone/tablet is limited in it's usefulness in sunny conditions! I have the shields but don't shield very well! Finally I am a member of the BMFA with a qualification in flying model helicopters aquired around 2009! I also had a PPL but having had a HA am now "grounded!" since I wouldn't pass the medical! (Similar to that for an HGV) but more strict! In closing I have Justified "things" about Apple products No.1 is the cost, No.2 Is the reliability and No.3 is I just don't like Apple! I also programme in Fortran And Basic, have Used MACs so know from experience that they are limited in the software available! They were designed for graphics applications and used in Newspaper offices! As an engineer I still use Solidworks & Inventor? Even 2d Autocad If I have to! Contact me if you wish I will try to help but don't try to sell me an Iphone or Ipad!

Last edited:
As far as I understand some devices with Android 8.0, and using FFP 5.2.3 (FreeFlightPro latest version), have a problem with GPS switched on. I've had this problem with my Huawei P10 Android 8.0 the app crashes as soon as the Bebop takes off. Trying to restart the app won't work until GPS on my phone is turned off. My solution has been to downgrade FFP to version 5.2.1 which works fine with my Android 8 phone. Might be worth trying
Thats strange i have p10 and works fine with or without gps

I have been using the Samsung Note II with the Skycontroller II without issue!

Bebop 2 is the most frustrating item I own. One day it works fine on my Skycontroller 1 then it doesn't now it the skycontroller doesn't work at all. The drone has been known to fly away out of control and crash into trees. Would I recommend the Bebop 2,,,,,,, no way

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut