Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Frozen screen again

ihavequestions

Reaction score
When the signal gets weak (which is quite often) the screen view freezes and it does not come back after signal is restored. Any solution? I tried launching with airplane mode. That doesn't work.

Seldom my screen freezes too at long distances but it returns each time. Do you have a Wifi analyzer on board?
I always use it before flight in an unknown area and then manually switch to a not or less used Wifi channel in FF6.

My screen freezes that don't return have never been related to signal, but to operation. e.g. when switching between photo and video mode, or going to delete a file on the SD.

Suggestion if i may... It would be nice if people would mention whther they re using ios or droid when reporting issues

I have never experienced this (iOS) even at the limit of the range (up to 3/4 mile). At long range if the feed gets choppy or the signal drops, it comes back pretty quickly. There is one second freeze whe switching between video and photo but never more. I have neve tried to delete files or even playback while flying. Never had the need to and i dont want to add extra processign load on the link, app or the drone itself

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I think people tend to panic when they lose video feed. We have to remember to relax and look at the wifi signal in the app. Moving the controller antenna to match the UAV position is pretty easy when watching the signal bars increase or decrease. I was out just over 3\4 of a mile yesterday and not one drop out using a Andriod phone.

@Agustine you don't understand, when those feezes happen the feed NEVER comes back, even once you've come back and landed next to you.

Nope, but must not be related since even disconnecting the phone, killing the app and restarting doesn't solve it, while a reboot of the aircraft only while leaving the rest intact does. Everything suggests the camera crashing in some conditions, possibly "too quick" actions like taking a photo and switching mode before it's restored the live view.

Nope, but must not be related since even disconnecting the phone, killing the app and restarting doesn't solve it, while a reboot of the aircraft only while leaving the rest intact does. Everything suggests the camera crashing in some conditions, possibly "too quick" actions like taking a photo and switching mode before it's restored the live view.

This is my exact experience! Trying to find a solution or workaround.

Yep. True for me as well.
I have had this when experimenting with flight plan. I tried to do a flight plan that paused at one way point and took a picture (having been doing video prior), and was then to resume flying the remaking route while recording video.

It would consistently fail to resume the plan properly and would often result in a black screen with no video, at which point I would have to rth and land it manually.

I've seen others mention it happening when changing between video/photo modes so this does seem to be a possible trigger factor in the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame