Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GIMBAL CALIBRATION UNAVAILABLE

David O H

Reaction score
My Anafi drone hit a power line during take-off, breaking one of the arms (now fixed). While the glue was setting I updated the battery firmware.

I am now unable to control the gimbal actions. The camera itself works fine, including the zoom function. I have attached screenshots from my iPhone with the error messages I get.

There is no apparent damage to the gimbal or camera and both move freely.

I did do the press-and-hold for 15 seconds reset, to no effect. Looking for suggestions...

Is a 'factory reset' possible? I can not find any instructions for doing so.

Thanks!

20200512_183621000_iOS.png20200512_185904000_iOS.png20200512_183649000_iOS.png20200512_183631000_iOS.png

As you have had a crash it is possible that the gimbal or supporting structure is slightly bent. This will cause the camera to hit the frame during its initialisation and give the error message on your second screenshot. If you watch the camera during initialisation does it appear to hit anything?

No, that is what perplexes me. The camera and gimble move freely. It moves around on startup and the ends at a downward angle.

My only suggestion is open it back up and try and re-seat any camera connections. It could be getting a bad reading from a lose connection. One of my Anafi's had a run in with a tree and the camera would not respond to any commands and it turned out to be a bad connection. Good luck.

Reactions: David O H
Hi,in first picture scroll all way down (in freeflight6)and you will see Reset button,hit it and that will reset anafi and clear all firmware related issues,at the same time it will prompt you to calibrate camera and drone...if problem persist i would follow augustines advice and look for connection problems

Hello. I have had the same problem. After a crash with a tree. Only a damaged arm was the result. In fact, I was able to flight the anafi after the crash without any problem in flight or with the camera. I was lucky to fix the damaged arm with glue. But after that the gimbal said "Gimbal calibration unavailable". The camera was looking downwards. Then I turned off the anafi, took off the battery and gently moved the camera gimbal till I left the camera in the normal position. I put the battery in the anafi and I turn it on. It made its movements and finaly it went all in place. The gimbal moves up and down and all seems to work fine. I suppose I´m a lucky man.

Mom always said don't fly the drone in the house. I did. Dropped from 30ft, was saved by a lampshade. Broke a propeller and the camera kept saying something is blocking it, yet it was moving fine. Took a look at the drone camera from the top down and realized it was sitting off center. The gimbal has two plates on the side that are attached by some rubber vibration absorbers. Pull the plates down very gently, do not pull too hard or you will tear the rubber vibration absorbers and be screwed. Once you pull these down you can slide the gimbal left and right to center it. You will also need to seat the two metal prongs on each side plate back into the slots cut for them, so there isnt a huge gap. You can achieve this by titling the gimbal forward and putting the front sides in the slot for both at the same time and then the back. After that and a propeller change I was good to go.

Reactions: Deleted member 3201

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veloviento