Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gimbal not initializing, camera no feed

LiquidAtoR

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new on this forum, and have been searching for a repair center for my Parrot Anafi to no avail.
Parrot themselves don't do repairs (as stated elsewhere on this forum, I've been browsing the topics).
The services around here either they can't or don't repair camera related issues or Parrot drones in general here in my region.
DJI no problem to get repaired, there's a bucketload of services for them, but for Parrot it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I've had a crash some time ago which broke a leg (rear left) and I replaced the leg with a second hand one (Dronivo supplied it).
However after replacing it and putting the drone back togetherI also have a problem with the camera feed and gimbal (there's no feed or movement)

When starting up the drone it initializes the motors, but not the gimbal.
In the app it shows camera as green (so ok I presume) but it doesn't work.
Additionally it gives me a vertical sensor error which disappears after a hard reset and reconnect of the drone.

I suspect I damaged some cable when taking the drone apart.
Could this whole issue be connected to the transmission cable (does the gimbal and camera go trough that single cable) because I might've nicked it with a screwdriver while removing the securing plastic strip.

Cheers, Mike.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200831-183346[1].png
    Screenshot_20200831-183346[1].png
    839.6 KB · Views: 20
There is 2 resets,hard and soft,did you do soft reset(in freefligjt 6 go back to screen thats in your picture and scroll all way down,you will see reset button,calibrate camera after reset

Reactions: LiquidAtoR
There is 2 resets,hard and soft,did you do soft reset(in freefligjt 6 go back to screen thats in your picture and scroll all way down,you will see reset button,calibrate camera after reset
I did the hard reset (hold down battery button, 4 red lights release).
Will try the soft reset today and post any results.

Edit: Did both soft and hard reset, no joy.
Camera no image, gimbal no intialize, green gimbal/camera in the overview screen of the drone.

Still suspect the ribbon cable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut