Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Gimbal Question?

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Anafi #1 survived the long winter out doors, camera works but has a -5% horizontal tilt to it which I have corrected in the App. Now judging from the impact it took last winter it looks like it was a head on to the tree it spent the winter with or very close to it. Looking over the gimbal it does not look bent in anyway like some pictures I have seen from other crashes. So my question is does anyone know what this screw holds in place? I do not have a screw driver small enough to test but I was wondering if it might allow me to center the camera some what? What do you guys think. I mean I could live with the adjustment on the App but if I can fix it that might also help others down the road.

Looks to me like it holds the gimbal arm to the motor that keeps the camera level while the drone banks. IF the (tiniest Torx screw I've ever seen) does not have a detent in the motor housing it fits into, then maybe the out of whack level could be adjusted. That is if you could find a Torx driver that small!

I wouldn't dare trying to take that apart if the apps leveling function took care of the level problem because there are other possible things that could cause the out of level besides just mechanical slippage of the screw on the motor housing.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Ya I hear ya but I like to tinker and thats how we solve problems in the RC world. LOL
I'm guessing a some sort of Micro Precision Screwdriver Set or Jeweler's Tools might fit. I have real small but not that small. Amazon has a few sets for under 10 bucks so I just might order from there. Never hurts to have more tools just in case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut