Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GPS coordinates

Petko Mladenov

Reaction score
Dear all,I just both my new Anafi and wondering how to create my flight. Undoubtedly,the way is using waypoints from Google earth with kml files. Or at least to be able to define the GPS coordinates (altitude also) of the waypoints. Unfortunately,I found this almost impossible. Otherwise it is not serious to draw some way with fingers onto 2D map and put some altitudes just from the ground. Isn't it ? I hope that it have some solution. Thank you

Dear all,I just both my new Anafi and wondering how to create my flight. Undoubtedly,the way is using waypoints from Google earth with kml files. Or at least to be able to define the GPS coordinates (altitude also) of the waypoints. Unfortunately,I found this almost impossible. Otherwise it is not serious to draw some way with fingers onto 2D map and put some altitudes just from the ground. Isn't it ? I hope that it have some solution. Thank you

The only way you can define a waypoint in FlightPlan is to tap a given location on the map. The flight height is given relative to the height you takeoff from, which is quote 0 meters.

Regards, Leif.

The only way you can define a waypoint in FlightPlan is to tap a given location on the map. The flight height is given relative to the height you takeoff from, which is quote 0 meters.

Regards, Leif.
Many thanks for your answer. "Sad but true". I checked also this pix4d, but it used kml only as captures and again transform the coordinates in 2D. Next, flight manager can export GPS data from the flight, but can't be used as flight planner. So it's impossible even to repeat and edit some nice flight. Basically, I would planing my flight around a summit, which I want to ride with my snowboard and it seems that I can't do that. I think it is very useful and important. It can't be done with this simple software Flight Plan. So, the earth is not flat.... unfortunately, I checked that DJI already a have progress in this task

Many thanks for your answer. "Sad but true". I checked also this pix4d, but it used kml only as captures and again transform the coordinates in 2D. Next, flight manager can export GPS data from the flight, but can't be used as flight planner. So it's impossible even to repeat and edit some nice flight. Basically, I would planing my flight around a summit, which I want to ride with my snowboard and it seems that I can't do that. I think it is very useful and important. It can't be done with this simple software Flight Plan. So, the earth is not flat.... unfortunately, I checked that DJI already a have progress in this task
p.s.
I think also,it will be very nice,if you can perform some flight around some object and recorded. Then with flight manager to export the data and edit if needed and to use it for second flight, where to do some action...

Okay, sorry,me again. I am wondering if I prepared kml file onto Google earth and calculate the "altitude" of each point from the point of take off (however if I take off from the top, the points will have - values...))) I have to manage that) and then to open and save with Google maps. So I will know the "altitude" of each point. I am just wondering if the FlightPlan will be able to display the points which I already defined.

It's a huge disadvantage of parrot products....If you buy a drone for filming, the most important thing is to be able to design accurate and precise flight. Of course it can't be done just with tab some points from 2D map. I am pretty sure, that I can't use follow me onto the steep slope ! So, the only way is to fix manually the drone at some position and to record just a part from the action....

I really start to be nervous,ugcs support all DJI drones and others, but not parrot. Terrible! For what you use your drones ?

Sorry but none of the waypoint programs I know can do all that you are asking for. You have to somehow using the flight plan in FF6 in the way it is made. The closest you get to a good flight plan program will probably be Litchi that both supports entry in latitude and longitude as well as absolute height above ground (AGL). That program can only control DJI products !!!

Regards, Leif.

Sorry but none of the waypoint programs I know can do all that you are asking for. You have to somehow using the flight plan in FF6 in the way it is made. The closest you get to a good flight plan program will probably be Litchi that both supports entry in latitude and longitude as well as absolute height above ground (AGL). That program can only control DJI products !!!

Regards, Leif.
Yes... thank you again, I found that, in addition to Litchi there are another one-Ugcs again for DJI products and surprisingly there are report for using with Parrot AR 2 drone. So maybe there are some hope. I will check that. But it's so useful to planing your flight with real GPS coordinates from Google earth if you want to make a movie in the mountains.... follow me don't work

Yes... thank you again, I found that, in addition to Litchi there are another one-Ugcs again for DJI products and surprisingly there are report for using with Parrot AR 2 drone. So maybe there are some hope. I will check that. But it's so useful to planing your flight with real GPS coordinates from Google earth if you want to make a movie in the mountains.... follow me don't work

Yes ok. I wish you the best of luck.

Regards, Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar