Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Using Anafi to create GPS tracks for mapping

DroningSermon

Reaction score
I am a brand new Anafi user and in fact a brand new drone pilot. I took my Anafi out today for its first spin and was blown away by how easy it was to use and the quality of the video. Fantastic product!

I own some rural land and want to map it. But I don't need to produce detailed 2D or 3D images of it. I want to fly the Anafi directly over and trace the following features:

Fenced boundaries
Driveway / jeep track
Trails
Small creeks (usually dry)
Land features like ponds, cattle guards, gates, etc.

After following a feature, I want to obtain a .gpx or .kml file that contains the path of the Anafi as it traced over this feature. I can then upload this file to sites like openstreetmap.org and add detailed information. These can also be added to phone apps like Gaia GPS and used later, especially when returning from a hike in the dark :)

How can I go about obtaining a .gpx or .kml file? I am certainly open to other ways of creating a track.

This program should do what you want.

Reactions: Ratmir and kabonski
Reactions: Ratmir
If you can see those features on the Google Earth representation on FF6, then it is a simple matter to create a Flight Plan to follow the features. Or you can fly manually over those features. I have found that it is more difficult to do that as opposed to creating a Flight Plan. Then use the log file as above.

Reactions: Ratmir and kabonski

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar