Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hello - Switched from DJI

rdp38

Reaction score
Hi Folks!

New member here from Scotland. I've been flying DJI since 2016 and recently decided to sell my Mavic Air and grabbed an Anafi. So far the pros have outweighed the cons;

Pros
No disturbing alarm on RTH or Low Battery (The big one!)
Better controller.
Quicker phone mounting.
No fly zones.
Quicker and easier charging with USB C.
Much quieter.
Cheaper? My 100+ flights used Mavic Air covered the cost of a new Anafi.

Cons
Less stable.
Camera isn't quite as good.
SD Reader not great but I can use USB-C?
My first one (Currys UK) was DOA. Wouldn't power on.

Time will tell to see how it goes, but so far I'm very impressed. I'm looking to see if I can create a flight plan via desktop - that would be great.

Thanks,
RDP.

Reactions: Eyefly
I use a USB cable to download rather than fiddling with the delicate Micro SD card hatch. It's slower, but that's the trade-off.
If you get TeamViewer 15 you can clone the phone screen to the computer, making creating Flight Plans with the mouse much easier and more accurate.

I use a USB cable to download rather than fiddling with the delicate Micro SD card hatch. It's slower, but that's the trade-off.
If you get TeamViewer 15 you can clone the phone screen to the computer, making creating Flight Plans with the mouse much easier and more accurate.
I think I'll do the same Rocky. I have a 128GB SanDisk Extreme arriving today so hopefully that'll be the last I remove it for a while.

Nice tip for TeamViewer. I use it a lot for work, never thought of controlling my phone with it. Thanks!

Hi Folks!

New member here from Scotland. I've been flying DJI since 2016 and recently decided to sell my Mavic Air and grabbed an Anafi. So far the pros have outweighed the cons;

Pros
Better controller.
Quicker phone mounting.
No fly zones.
Much quieter.

Cons
Less stable.

Time will tell to see how it goes, but so far I'm very impressed. I'm looking to see if I can create a flight plan via desktop - that would be great.

Thanks,
RDP.

Hello RDP
Check out this thread to create flight plans from desk top -

Reactions: rdp38
Hi Folks!

Pros
Better controller.
Quicker phone mounting.
No fly zones.
Much quieter.

Cons
Less stable.

Thanks,
RDP.
I use a usb c cable for download also. It seems pretty fast.
Desktop planning: I run the regular Anafi FF software on the Bluestacks Android emulator on 32" 4k monitor. Works great. Copy the JSON file over to phone/tablet when you're done.

Hi Folks!

Pros
Better controller.
Quicker phone mounting.
No fly zones.
Much quieter.

Cons
Less stable.

Thanks,
RDP.
If by chance you have a DEX capable Samsung phone, "desktop" flight planning is a breeze. Welcome to Anafi ownership and I hope you have nothing but great experiences with it.

I fitted a SanDisk Extreme 128GB and have been transferring content via the USB-C cable and no complaints. Six flights done and it's been great.

I use an iPhone 11 Pro so unfortunately the Flight Plan Website and such don't work so great. I need to spend more time learning the Flight Planning it has great potential for my use case which is taking photos of a housing estate as it develops.

Hi Folks!

Pros
Better controller.
Quicker phone mounting.
No fly zones.
Much quieter.

Cons
Less stable.

Thanks,
RDP.
Let me know when you figure out the flight plan with a desktop! That would be very cool.

For those who are using the FF6 app with BluStacks, can you confirm if the screen resolution you get is better or the same as your Android Phone resolution ?

(That would explain why they prefer this solution to a Teamviewer session)

I have used BluStacks in the past but found the resolution not so great. I also found it to lag somewhat. I do have a fairly fast computer so I believe the program is the problem. I also ran into log in problems to my google account using FF6 with BluStacks. Not sure what was going on with that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame