Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help with Anafi rebuild

@DutchMountains As those photos will be useful in the future and to avoid them getting lost with subsequent post can you start a new thread titled "Anafi Internals Photos", or something similar, and post them there as well? Other members can then add their own photos and @Agustine might make it into a sticky if we ask nicely :)

Not a problem buddy, just let me know when its done as I might miss the post.

@DutchMountains As those photos will be useful in the future and to avoid them getting lost with subsequent post can you start a new thread titled "Anafi Internals Photos", or something similar, and post them there as well? Other members can then add their own photos and @Agustine might make it into a sticky if we ask nicely :)

FAN-freakin-TASTIC!!!
Yes I’m certain others will appreciate these!!!!
And I’m sure to get it right.
Thanks ? so much.
Looks like you blew off some dust. ;)
As for the 2 bars...retaining clips...I reckon they clasp to each other.
Will let you know how it comes together.

I've made a new thread and informed Agustine. Pics are far from perfect D2 but am happy if it works. And yes the two bars they indeed clasp to each other with the plate/platine in between. Again sticky work but once you'll get to that stage I can hear the blades already rotating....

Reactions: D2S
One thing I was in doubt with was that if you aren't sure if the motors are mounted and connected correctly that there is no way to really test it on the ground. It works or it is broken again as it may flip once you start. Well, I only start any flight from the ground. Starting by hand may be an option to test but I never did that. So that may work as before launch the engines are working already, right?

One thing I was in doubt with was that if you aren't sure if the motors are mounted and connected correctly that there is no way to really test it on the ground. It works or it is broken again as it may flip once you start. Well, I only start any flight from the ground. Starting by hand may be an option to test but I never did that. So that may work as before launch the engines are working already, right?

OK! I'll go safely and slowly forward, now that I have her reassembled. Your pictures really helped. (I think?!? :) )
I just got the last screw tightened down and plugged a battery in, and Le Voila, ça marche! The lights come on, the fan spins and the blue LED is lit. The gimbal seems also to be working. Very excited, again!

Now, it's midnight, so I'll wait till tomorrow to test fly her. Fingers crossed.... but I'm optimistic. First, I'll upgrade the software and charge up the RC. This afternoon I charged the batteries (somehow I've collected 3, now :) )...
(I think I. read just today something about the batteries have a software update too????)

You know I have an extra Anafi here too, from which I took the replacement wing (arm)...so I didn't have to undo the arms or open up the motors at all... so hopefully I got all the wiring right. (WITH YOUR HELP, Dutch, Thanks!)

Now then the next bit is to pick up a Licence ;)...which should be no problem, now I've the time and motivation!
I've been really lax about it since I picked up a Mavic Mini in the fall...

My girlfriend walks dogs and I've shot there with iPhone on a Movi gimbal and this tiny bit of flying... other dog walkers aren't happy when I bring the drone down there...

If you'd like to see something more I've done with the Mini....(iPhone audio)

Fingers crossed, I'll let you know happens with the Anafi! Totally looking forward to the improvement!!!
D2

Well, this really sounds exciting - even I can't wait to hear how the bird is doin. Again, check what is save to start - by hand-launch or from the floor. BTW the clips don't show - privacy setting it says, so I see three black screens. But never mind...Keep up the good work!! Go Canada, go!

Go Holland!

Dutch.... I have a small issue... I can't remember or find the password for this Anafi to connect to my phone's WiFi. I've sent a request for help to Parrot Support but I wonder if you have a solution for me so I can fly sooner...?

If not, I'm pretty sure they'll get back to me within 48 hours...?

Cheers.....
You are in Holland.... right?

Morning - yes from Holland. Well with regard to the issue - I have never flown with WIFI as I use the skycontroller. I put the cellphone in flight mode (load the maps first with Wifi). The cellphone is only needed for the GPS. Control is done by the skycontroller. However, if u fly without skycontroller u do need the cellphone and wifi. As far as I know they give genuine wifi passwords.

BTW, under the battery you'll find the wifi password. On the stikker of the bird itself! So not on the battery but on the frame covered by the battery when on ! should be there!

Thanks Dutch....I'll see what I can figure out....?!

Have you been to Opeongo?

yeah, I found that... but it doesn't seem to work.

What do you think...does this look like a proper password?
YV5JRCLVO13C ....?

Yep, twice when I was a student. Was brilliant. First trip we stayed 5 days in Algonquin paddling. The latter one was 7 days.

Ohhh.... first thing I did was try and update Freeflight6.... but because I wasn't connected to the drone it told me that I double download it now and whenever I connect it will update the firmware...which is now 1..5.6.... updating to 1.6.7....

I wonder if I've confused the poor little machines?
:)

Well, 1.6.7 was launched yesterday after many complaints on the 1.6.4 and 1.6.5. (drones falling from the sky). Just read that with 1.6.7. the drone makes some strange noises. Many critical voices on the software. So whatever you do in flying, don't get too high ( :LOL: ) and don't fly too far! Certainly not in the beginning!

1.6.7 is a disaster for me, just tried to fly, first time disconnected while hovering had to grab is spin it around to shut off motors.
Second time seemed to be flying ok then started getting a strange noise I've never heard before (think it has been reported elsewhere) luckily I had the Anafi close so landed it straight away as I dread to think what would have happened, possibly a fall from the sky.

Yep, twice when I was a student. Was brilliant. First trip we stayed 5 days in Algonquin paddling. The latter one was 7 days.

I did and artwork in the bush up the north end of the lake on a little lake the feeds into it....I showed that work as an installation in a gallery here in Toronto... in 1988...Yuh....LONG ago. It was glorious being there in September. But I have to tell you, we ( Japanese GF and I) had a VERY strange encounter there... on the little river joining Opeongo with Red Lake I think it's called.... We met a solo man in a canoe paddling the other way and we chatted for a while.... drifting together in the gentle current. He was German.... (name eludes me...but I'm sure I could recall soon)... ANYWAY...
1 month later I was in Lagos Nigeria, to install a sculpture in a 5 star hotel....and we (GF and I) met a German man who was a very close friend of the man we met in the canoe. FREAKY small world. Absolutely certain they knew each other... the details were unmistakable. Undeniable. And it's funny, because when I met the guy in Lagos I told him we were up in Algonquin park... and he said... of that's near Temagami... where he had made a homestead with man we met in the canoe on the river connecting Opeongo with Red Lake... I still get shivers! Ernie.... Ernie Pargatz Gunter..... in the canoe.

1.6.7 is a disaster for me, just tried to fly, first time disconnected while hovering had to grab is spin it around to shut off motors.
Second time seemed to be flying ok then started getting a strange noise I've never heard before (think it has been reported elsewhere) luckily I had the Anafi close so landed it straight away as I dread to think what would have happened, possibly a fall from the sky.

Oh No problem...I'm a line of sight guy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh