Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hi everybody

McAl

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I just got my Anafi, which is also my first drone with a decente (hopefully) camera and gps.
It is sitting there charging and it will be a few hours before I can start doing setup and calibration.
It looks good, just, the very tip of one of the propellers blades came slightly damaged, or perhaps they let a tiny bit of plastic attached in production, so I will probably end up swapping it even before the first flight, which is a bit annoying.
Otherwise, I am all set, let's see how it goes :)

Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Reactions: McAl
giphy.gif

My first flight went great.
After having charged and setup everything, and stuffed my rucksack with a ton of batteries, remote controls and propellers for three drones, I headed with my kid to a quite pretty, but not so close, park.
Where I realized that I had left behind the Parrot's remote :D

In the end we spent the afternoon practising piloting the other two drones and had a pretty good time, at least.
Now we are back home, the sun came out and the wind relented, so I might go out again. Actually, the light is better and I spotted a few shots which might work quite well..

LOL Yes we call those moments in the drone community "Brain Farts" and most of us have had them so welcome to the club. :)

Reactions: McAl
LOL Yes we call those moments in the drone community "Brain Farts" and most of us have had them so welcome to the club. :)

I tend and have many of those :D
But I will make a checklist for the next time (which might be today actually, yesteday I noticed some pretty good light at the park around 8:30pm, when my battery ran out, so I am planning to go back around the time if work and family commitments allow! I also just received my second battery and memory card, way to go :)

A warm welcome to the forum from Manchester UK. Where abouts in the world are you?

Thanks!
I am not too far from you actually, I live in the southern ouskirts of London :)
But I am actually Italian, from a pretty scenic island, so I am hoping to get competent with the drone and filming before our next family holiday over there :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar