Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hi from San Francisco, CA

Ntrdr101

Reaction score
Hello All,

Being new to this forum, I figured I'd throw a hello, and a how is everyone out there in drone land.

Far from being a new drone pilot as I've managed to lose 7 - 10 under 70$ drones over the course of 3 years due to varying circumstances, I thought it time to shell out a few pennies more for a GPS enabled flyer.

Enter the Bebop 2 FPV bundle. It just arrived 3 days ago but due to a Pineapple Express weather event occuring here in SF, I've been unable to experience my first flight. Shouldn't be too much longer now.

Any insight from those of you in the know would be great as I would prefer this drone not decide to make it's own decisions & fly away from me.

1 question I have is regarding airplane mode on a smart device. It seems some pilots are losing connection between their Bebop 2 & instead of returning home, the Bebop either falls from the sky into a body of water only to be lost to the deep or develop minds of their own & crash or fly away to the promise land. What is the issue causing this & how do I deter it from happening to me?

Thank you

Reactions: Kdavis2269
Greetings Ntrdr101. Check out "flying drones for fun" on Meetup. Very casual gatherings at Bay Area flying fields. You may find some Bebop pilots among the group.

DON'T USE 3RD PARTY BATTERIES . We have had several accidents with non Parrot batteries aircraft fell out of sky at 30%
DON'T run on low battery power less then 25% keep batteries warm in cold weather
DON'T Fly backwards unless you know which way you are facing
DON'T Fly if you can not see aircraft bring it back
DON'T Use RTH it you took off in area with a lot of trees
TURN All unseeded notifications OFF on your device (airplane mode is good choice)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame