Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Holy Stone or other fully external Remote ID module on Parrot Anafi?

oarend

Reaction score
Since the regular Parrot Anafi (not the USA/GOV models) does not comply with the Remote ID requirements for the US, I'm looking into getting one or more fully external Remote ID modules for the drone. "Fully external" as in does not require power or GPS signal from the drone since, as far as I'm aware, the Anafi does not provide interfaces for this purpose.

Has anybody successfully mounted a Holy Stone (current favorite because of size, cost and availability) or other such module? What is your experience? Did you run into any issues?

Thanks
Oliver

The anafi 4k, wasn't designed for modules. The magnetometer had to be factory adjusted taking in consideration of the four motors alone.

You throw in another GPS and another transmitter on board and you can expect reduced range, EMF problems, possible balance issue, GPS of anafi to find less satellites, GPS data rate slow down, magnetic compass issues and reduced flight time for weight and battery drain to power the module.

Attach it to the battery and it works fine.
Good flying.
Even on the battery is not far enough away. You never want 2 separate GPS units that close together.
You also don't want 2 separate radio Txs that close. (RID TX and Anafi TX/RX)

I'm not sure I want to continue and fly the Anafi with an RID outside of a FRIA area in March, Not comfortable with painting the aircraft (that is this size & weight with a tattle device, that shouldn't need RID) in the sky for potential shall we say aimed interferences.

Looking at HolyStone or Autel sub 250g

Last edited:
A drone can be 55lbs!!! and zip over you at 100mph, that was OK'd

I would be scared as hell to see that above me outside a club FRIA but it was officially OK'd.

But flying our slow and light under 1lb super quite, environment friendly anafis without a module is not.

They should have at least increased the weight limit to 3 lbs, if they are already allowing specific drones to fly with no RID modules.

The holy Stone HSRID01 works fine with all my Anafi devices. Velcroed to the battery on the top close to the rear it does not interfere with drone. I have had many flights without issues. Not sure where the experts are getting their information from. Many other advertisers will say anything to support their products.

Just like the strobe lights don't cause any interference. The extra weight does use battery a little faster. Strobe is required for visibility of aircraft for all other aviation.

No strobe with 3 NM visibility prohibits flying anywhere.

Did the same, attached some velcro to the batteries such that the HolyStone module would sit right between the unlock switch and the turn-on switch, so the center of gravity of the drone wouldn't change much, and I didn't notice any issues with the drone's flying.

hollystone is not a problem. Neither with interference nor with battery life. Constant environment, no wind, temperature, without hollystone and with hollystone in the rear upper part above the battery, the difference is only 23-25 seconds. Shorter with hollystone.
TX range the same. signal strength at 250 m weaker by -2dBi. I.e. the range is shortened by some 70 m. There is nothing to add.

hollystone is not a problem. Neither with interference nor with battery life. Constant environment, no wind, temperature, without hollystone and with hollystone in the rear upper part above the battery, the difference is only 23-25 seconds. Shorter with hollystone.
TX range the same. signal strength at 250 m weaker by -2dBi. I.e. the range is shortened by some 70 m. There is nothing to add.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320