Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Adding Remote ID to Parrot Anafi 4k

Achernar

Reaction score
With the remote id deadline approaching fast, any suggestions on how to add Remote ID to an Anafi 4k? (not USA version)

I have a DroneBeacon Db120 RemoteID (Remote ID RID) Broadcast Module with Battery SKU: S-NB-DB120 on order, but I don't know if it's going to be too heavy for my Anaifi.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I wouldn't use any external modules in fear of weight or flight changes or signal losses. I honestly am going to just enable DRI and just fly it like that. The info it broadcasts should be on par with the minimum required anyway.

I wouldn't use any external modules in fear of weight or flight changes or signal losses. I honestly am going to just enable DRI and just fly it like that. The info it broadcasts should be on par with the minimum required anyway.
You know, they say that if you think something, many others are thinking, doing or making it happen as you are thinking it. I have had many thoughts about what bad interactions I am going to have with this remote ID thing and I don't want to. I thought about doing this as well but I don't think that it is worth losing the license over it. Just might have to build FPV or go with a brand other than Parrot.

Sad because I though Parrot was better than DJI because I would just start my Parrot up and just toss it in the air and fly without any downtime. Looks cool when you do it in front of clients and gusts at events.

I would think that this would be a good backup in the case the module runs out of battery or somehow malfunctions or flies off when you are manuvering your drone.

I worry because the ANAFI is agile and quick so I would rather not have anything attached permanently to my drone and I don't think Velcro can hold that much force even if the items do not weigh too much.

Before I ordered it, I ran a test to see if it could handle the weight. The remote Id weighs 25 grams, so I taped 4 quarters and a dime to the top of the drone, which is about the same weight and flew it around a bit inside. No problems at all so hopefully it will work.
Still waiting for the DroneBeacon to ship.

Also seeing some chatter about Remote ID being postponed again…. nothing confirmed though.

Just because Ken Heron says it is. Doesn't mean it is.
In my defense I did say “nothing confirmed”…. There does seem to be a huge back order on remote Id modules for older drones… and some issues registering serial numbers with the FAA. It’s in the realm of possibility.

On a slightly different remote Id topic…. Is remote Id e ven going to work as intended? If a drone is up 400 feet, will the remote id transmission be strong enough for someone to pick it up? Also, if someone is using their drone for nefarious purposes, I would think they would turn off the transmission or even worse, send false information.

With Skydio out of the consumer market, DJI banned by federal and state agencies, and Autel not far behind, what prosumer drone options are available at a reasonable price?

RID is a fail hard from the get go. It does nothing for safety in the air. Its just a way for the public(trouble seekers), big business and law to track and record your drones flight path as well as yourself.

Keep in mind on the anafi any module hooked to the usb-c battery port can cause uknown problems such mess with RTH guestimation as well as other current draw algorythms to safely keep this in the air.

Reactions: Achernar
The DroneBeacon Db120 has it's own battery so that shouldn't be a problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320