Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Remote ID thought

jaja6009

Reaction score
What if DRI was submitted to the FAA as not Standard Remote ID, but alternative Remote ID by someone?

Consider the following

• DRI meets the MOC as proven by it being used by the Anafi AI and Anafi USA
  • If a person submitted an DOC showing that DRI meets the MOC as far as transmitting parameters, they could state that the current serial number of each Anafi would be its new RID serial number entered as Alternate RID
I am just brainstorming. I have purchased an approved RID module for my Anafi Thermal, but am not thrilled at the added weight of the mount and the module.

What do others on this forum think and what am I missing that would make this not work.

Only manufacturers can submit DOCs. Yes as far as I know Anafi DRI already broadcasts all of the info for what is required to be broadcast module compliant. So people can already view that telemetry on your live flight and link it to your registered serial number at FAA. Wasn't that the main goal? No other drone does this, where the info is there but no DOC. Battery life may be reduced somewhat I would say with RID, may cause trouble with RTH guesstimation, who knows. Europe anafi 4k owners already have it on and being used for awhile now.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320