Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How do you store your batteries long term?

C. Mudgeon

Reaction score
Any point in putting them in the fridge?
Put them in a fireproof container?
Lock them in the safe?
Recharge them every 10 to 12 days?

Full charge is not the best idea.
Lipos should be charged to the Store Voltage. It's round about 60% of the capacity. Good charger have this option.
Normaly the Lipos should be check one time per month... but I forget this very often. If the drift is increased or the available capacity goes down (like 40%) charge the Lipo and discharged to the Store Voltage again.. (or make one circle = charge, discharge and charge to Store)

In case of the Anafi, the charger does not have the option. Charge till 3 LEDs are lightning, Disconnect. Check after time (1month) If only 1 LED is on, charge again.
The manual said, that the electric inside discharge the Lipo to a valid store voltage with the time. If it is right and work well... OK... Could I'm trust them?

Reactions: C. Mudgeon
After about 10 days the batteries will start to slowly discharge themselves to a storage voltage. After that pressing the button on the battery will do nothing. The batteries have to be charged in order to reactivate them. Everytime you press the button before they have discharged themselves you will reset the timer and they will not start to discharge until about 10 days after the last button press. I have checked the discharge process and it does work.

For a long useful life LiPo batteries should not be kept fully charged for long periods. I consider a week to be a long period.

Reactions: C. Mudgeon
There is no alternative for another charger for the original Anafi battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320