Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How is height determined in flightplan mode

PGTART

Reaction score
Website
www.peterboos.tk
I am kinda curious how does the Anafi determine height in flightpath mode?.
I know it has a sensor at the bottom, and it has a barometer, and there is GPS.

The reason for asking, i 'd like to follow a low route over a trajectory that has a few small hills (say 3 to 4 meters in height), and the route goes over some water as well.
Preferably i would to fly on bikers height (bicycle), (but i'm not following someone)
I'm not sure if I would say fly around 2 meters high if then will actively and constantly monitors the ground distance.
Or if it will only check upon GPS height of the waypoints (and thus crashing on the small hills in between).

The flight plan defines a ‘zero’ heigth position that is the takeoff position. All waypoints positions are relative to this start point.
I’m not sure it’s safe to program a drone to fly a path at 2 meter high above the ground all the way... risky at least !
Miss Anafi will not monitor the ground position during the programmed journey...

I am kinda curious how does the Anafi determine height in flightpath mode?.
I know it has a sensor at the bottom, and it has a barometer, and there is GPS.

The reason for asking, i 'd like to follow a low route over a trajectory that has a few small hills (say 3 to 4 meters in height), and the route goes over some water as well.
Preferably i would to fly on bikers height (bicycle), (but i'm not following someone)
I'm not sure if I would say fly around 2 meters high if then will actively and constantly monitors the ground distance.
Or if it will only check upon GPS height of the waypoints (and thus crashing on the small hills in between).

Via the built-in barometer and relatively in relation to the height of your takeoff place.

The ultrasonic sensor I do not actually know if it is used under a FlighPlan. You only have to see it as an extra safety measure that you cannot count on. It also works only at heights <6 meters and probably only below a certain speed.

GPS is not used as the height from there is VERY inaccurate.

The only way you can make a route from home kitchen table is to use a paper/computer map with height curves, which is usually a 4 or 2 cm map.

The most secure method is that you fly the route manually and write the height down on all the risky points on a piece of paper and from there, make the entire route.

I usually say there are no dirt roads in that game and a single calculation error/typo can result in a crash, so double and triple check your route before .................................

To fly at a height of 2 meters with FlightPlan I would describe as more than risky. You should stay above 5 meters and preferably higher.

Regards, Leif.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kabous
OK thanks, taking heights manual might be a way. Or perhaps some external measuring method then. It's good to know what it can and cannot do.

Reactions: Landbo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut