Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How to install FreeFlight Pro 5.2.7 on newer Android phones or tablets (tested on Android 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

flyingblind

Reaction score
You will be installing an .apk file and copying a folder named com.parrot.freeflight3 to the /Android/obb folder on your phone.
There are two ways to accomplish this.

Option #1 (easiest) is to copy the files from a Windows PC to your phone.
Option #2 is to use a 3rd party app to copy/move the files on your phone without a Windows PC

OPTION #1:

Download the .apk and obb folder to your computer from the site linked below.

https://apksos.com/download-app/com.parrot.freeflight3?version=1924916

It will download a .zip file. Unzip/extract the file to your computer (usually in your Downloads directory) then navigate to where you extracted the files. You will copy two items to your phone. The “com.parrot.freeflight3” directory into the /Android/obb directory and the “com.parrot.freeflight3.apk” application package into whichever directory you’d like.

Plug your phone into your computer and when prompted on your phone, select “File Transfer”. This will open up the file manager on your PC and should display “Internal Storage” or “Internal shared storage” for the phone’s storage device.

Open the phone’s “Internal Storage” and copy the “com.parrot.freeflight3.apk” application package to your Download folder (or wherever you’d like).

Next, copy the “com.parrot.freeflight3” directory from the /Android/obb directory on your computer to the /Android/obb directory on your phone.

Once the FreeFlight Pro .apk and obb folder are copied to your phone you can disconnect it from your computer.
On your phone you will next launch the FreeFlight Pro .apk to start the install.

With the file manager installed on your phone (usually called “Files”), navigate to the folder where you placed the FreeFlight Pro .apk and tap the “com.parrot.freelight3.apk” file to begin the install of FreeFlight Pro. You will be prompted to allow installation of files from unknown sources. Accept the prompt and proceed with enabling install from unknown sources.

The install will complete and now you should be able to use FreeFlight Pro.

OPTION #2:

Download the .apk and OBB folder from the site linked below.

It will download a .zip file. Unzip the file then transfer the files to your phone or download it directly to your phone and use an app like Zip Extractor to extract the files.

Once the files are extracted on your phone navigate to the FreeFlight Pro .apk file where you unzipped it and open it.
You will be prompted to allow installation of files from unknown sources. Accept the prompt and proceed with enabling install from unknown sources.

Download the app "Files" by "Marc apps & software" from the Google Play Store.
Its icon is blue with a white file folder in the center.

Disable your built in file manager app. If you don’t do so, then the new file manager doesn't work.
Go to Settings > Apps > See All Apps.
Find the preinstalled file manager app and tap on Disable > Disable in the confirmation prompt.

Follow the instructions on the page linked below to copy the com.parrot.freeflight3 folder to the /Android/obb/ folder.

https://droidwin.com/how-to-access-android-13-data-and-obb-folder-transfer-files-in-them/

FreeFlight Pro should now be installed & functional

Last edited:
Thank you the reply. I'm usually not comfortable working the hidden files in the cell phone, but I'll give it a try.

You will be installing an .apk file and copying a folder named com.parrot.freeflight3 to the /Android/obb folder on your phone.

Download the .apk and OBB folder from the site linked below.
It will download a .zip file. Unzip the file then transfer the files to your phone or download it directly to your phone and use an app like Zip Extractor to extract the files.

Once the files are extracted on your phone navigate to the FreeFlight Pro .apk file where you unzipped it and open it.
You will be prompted to allow installation of files from unknown sources. Accept the prompt and proceed with enabling install from unknown sources.

Download the app "Files" by "Marc apps & software" from the Google Play Store.
Its icon is blue with a white file folder in the center.

Disable your built in file manager app. If you don’t do so, then the new file manager doesn't work.
Go to Settings > Apps > See All Apps.
Find the preinstalled file manager app and tap on Disable > Disable in the confirmation prompt.

Follow the instructions on the page linked below to copy the com.parrot.freeflight3 folder to the /Android/obb/ folder.

https://droidwin.com/how-to-access-android-13-data-and-obb-folder-transfer-files-in-them/

FreeFlight Pro should now be installed & functional
Okay, so I have android 12 and I am able to plug my phone into my computer. When I do that it brings up a file explorer and I'm able to see the file directories in the data folder and the OBB folder. What would prevent from doing what I have to do right from my computer, and if it is possible, what would be the steps that I would have to take to complete doing that?

So I can plug my dell into my computer and it allows me to access to the DATA folder and the OBB folder. Can I just use my computer to install the FlightPro program?

Some people have reported that when trying to copy directly from the PC to the obb folder. Best bet is to use the 3rd party "Files" app by "Marc apps & software" to move the files, the steps only take a few minutes once you get into it.

Last edited:
I change that. I was able to figure it out, and got the drone to work with my cell phone. Thanks for your help. I did it all through my computer.

Reactions: flyingblind
I can verify that this method works in Android 14 as well. The most difficult part was seeing where in the preferences to disable the 'Files by Google' application.

FWIW, I used 'Mac Droid' to copy the .APK file and the 'obb' folder onto my phone.

Cheers,
V.

"I can verify that this method works in Android 14 as well"

Great news, thanks for confirming. It is possible to copy directly from computer to phone but some people had issues depending on OS/Android version(s). I will update the guide accordingly.

Reactions: MarkyMrk6729

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captiva296