Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I don't think 1.6.7 is safe either

Chasbro

Reaction score
My first Anafi made over 350 flights and always made it home. Since "updating" to 1.6.5 and then 1.6.7 I've had 3 disconnect and crash flights. The latest happened just this morning with my 'renewed' Anafi. Everything was fine, then it disconnects, fails to return home, and I find it 600 meters out in the pasture with a broken arm. The last segment of video shows it slowing down and the video ends. The first 2 flights on this bird were fine. This was the third flight. I guess I'll pick up the pieces and wait for 1.6.9 or whatever they call it.

I kinda gave up on Parrot. At first they acted like they were going to help, but then they want to play 20 questions. They keep asking for the same info that I answered already right down there in the bottom of the email.
Here's a question for the community: How many trouble free flights have you made on 1.6.5 or 1.6.7?

No flight trouble during last flights, in both firmware. But surely less than 10 flights at all... not a lot.
Only two low level battery warning when the power was at 50%... I don’t think there’s any relation with the bird firmware.

I made about 20 flights on 1.6.5 and I thought it was ok and then I got my first crash. My feel safe threshold is about 50 flights. By the way, I was able to 'relocate' the broken arm so I believe she'll fly again. The battery was damaged in that the on button lost its click. I think the case was compressed.

I kinda gave up on Parrot. At first they acted like they were going to help, but then they want to play 20 questions. They keep asking for the same info that I answered already right down there in the bottom of the email.
Here's a question for the community: How many trouble free flights have you made on 1.6.5 or 1.6.7?
hello, my parrot has made 160 + flights. only time it hit the ground was when i clipped a tree at 150 ft. It still flies but camera is very crooked

hello, my parrot has made 160 + flights. only time it hit the ground was when i clipped a tree at 150 ft. It still flies but camera is very crooked

What firmware version are you on, as that is what would cause a significant different in whats reported here?

Have done around 8-10 short flights and 1 longer flightplan with 1.6.7 cannot see any difference between 1.6.5 and 1.6.7 in the Anafi performance.

Any specifics when it went down - shaking in the footage? errors? battery below 30%?

Let me see if I can attach some screenshots of the first incident on 1.6.5:Data graphics.jpgFirst crash GPS.png

After recovering the Anafi I repaired it and "upgraded" the firmware from 1.6.5 to 1.6.7. and sent it on the same mission. It did great. Then I sent it on the same mission again and it disconnected and never returned.
So, I bought a renewed Anafi, upgraded it from 1.6.4 to 1.6.7 and went for a safe check out flight. Everything was fine, so I went on another check out flight and it disconnected and fell from 60 meters. Damage was minor but I'm afraid to do anything but hover low in tall nearby grass.Screenshot_20200419-154455.pngScreenshot_20200419-154511.png

Hi.. I had no trouble with my 1st 86 flights with my Anafi.
Upgraded to 1.6.7 and bought the Flight plan addition yesterday.
Tried out 2 short ( 50 metres distance 4 metres height) flights with a simple flight plan and everything was fine.. I was thrilled with the flight plan as I had found it difficult to keep an eye out for the drone and then back to the phone screen.
Today I set up a new flight plan.. Triangular.. 110 metres 15-20 metres high.. 1min 20 seconds flight time.
1st flight.. Perfect..
2nd flight with same flight plan.. 30 seconds in.. It dropped from the sky.. Broke 1 arm.. Video stops at 30 seconds and doesn't show it falling to the ground.
Camera was on and showed up on the phone while I went to get it.
How do you contact Parrot?
Tried their website support form but it kept telling me that my post code is the wrong length!
Please advise!

Your flight is the typical fall out of the sky failure experienced by a growing number of Anafi pilots.

I went through Parrot Support on their website. They responded quick enough (a day or 2). I wasn't asked to fill out any form, just answer about seven questions and supply screenshots and proof of purchase, etc. I thought the process was moving along, but then they began asking the same questions as well as saying they can't find any evidence of my flights. They requested (and I sent them) screenshots of where I allowed them to share flight data and the flight with the green icon showing upload to the cloud. I haven't heard back since then. They also said that my problem with the renewed Anafi was the retailers problem.

As a former dyed in the wool Parrot fan, I've about had it with Parrot. They need to roll back the firmware to 1.6.3 and call it whatever they want.

Can anyone give me an email address for parrot support..
I have been unable to log the crash on the website support section as it keeps saying theres a problem with Postcode!
Thanks.

Hello! I've been trying to narrow down the problems as I too have an anafi and since it was a used gift I do not have the luxury of just flying and if it crashes warranty it out so I have spent hours researching and have narrowed the problems down to 2 1 is the battery which just causes it to free fall all of a sudden with no warning but it seams that the problem many are having is software related as many report sudden loss of control response and then it either "tries to land" at almost feefell speed or it just cuts off the power to the motors but one part of the equation which I am trying to solve is that it appears most problems are occuring with pilots using Android? As I see the rating in the play store very low about a 3.7 while the iOS or apple version has a rating of 4.7! Almost perfect but if anyone can chime in that would be much appreciated as I have experienced 3 "free falls/losses of controls" since beginning to fly..I am running everything up to the latest version set to channel 165 phone in airplane mode and within visual line of sight so there is absolutely no reason for connection issues I even scan the area with a wifi analyzer to confirm no interference so it is either the software or a sensor which is failing "probably also due to software" in either case I would like to confirm this issue is more common or hopefully exclusive to Android as it would be great if the fix is to just use an iPhone also when it stops responding to controls it starts to ascend on its own so as some have commented there is a possible logic issue where there is conflicting altitude info coming from the sensors because I also noticed the altitude is usually off by 1-10' which could possibly cause it to ascend or fall in an attempt to calibrate altitude

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar