Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Images with the Anafi

Thanev

Reaction score
I have started playing with images from my outings.The more I play,the more I like this little bird.These images are screen captures from standard 4k settings.Looking forward to what PLog and RAW holds.Please add some of your images to this thread...
View attachment 793

Attachments

• belly river 1a.jpg
    belly river 1a.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Waterton 1a.JPG
    8.6 MB · Views: 87
Nice landscapes/images ! Got my Anafi only a week ago after switching from DJI, but had no chance to get to a good location.

Btw where is this?

Last edited:
We wanted to visit old castle ruins today but they closed everything probably because it got to dangerous. So we were only able to make a pano from afar. You can still see the top of the old castle sticking out of the woods in the middle of the image.

7899a669e99c38627a8ae08b846b0b57.jpg

Nice landscapes/images ! Got my Anafi only a week ago after switching from DJI, but had no chance to get to a good location.

Btw where is this?
South western Alberta.Between Cardston and Waterton.Waterton is a Park so no-fly rules apply.

St.Henry's church sitting on a hilltop with the Rockies and Waterton on one side and the prairies on the other...could never get this shot with my DSLR.

Lovely photo, did you use the in app panorama function to get this shot? or is it just a single photo cropped?

EDIT i read that you are pulling the images from 4k video... wait until you shoot DNG and process the raw files, you get way better quality! Still very nice composition

Lovely photo, did you use the in app panorama function to get this shot? or is it just a single photo cropped?

EDIT i read that you are pulling the images from 4k video... wait until you shoot DNG and process the raw files, you get way better quality! Still very nice composition
Haven't tried the panorama mode yet.Still experimenting ..

Excellent!
Shadows of the dog and people(you?) add scale.Well done!

Thanks, the person with the dog isnt me, I was just off frame, you can see myself in the second photo with the helipad (tiny blue dot on the sand), tho the second photo was taken from about 120mtrs up, the first (with the dog) about 30mtrs up.

How is the quality of the images captured out of a 4K video and how did you capture them? I tried capturing from 1080 on a PC using windows built in “save still” function but while pretty good it s not quite as good as a picture taken by Anafi. Slight loss of definition.

I use the screen capture tool on Windows. The images are somewhat softer and a bit more noise than you will get with the photo mode(in my opinion).
My best "snipped" images are usually from well lit video with little or no movement.

How is the quality of the images captured out of a 4K video and how did you capture them? I tried capturing from 1080 on a PC using windows built in “save still” function but while pretty good it s not quite as good as a picture taken by Anafi. Slight loss of definition.
I use MPC-HC to view the video on a 1080p system, however you can capture frames in true 4K (File - Save Image...)

Last edited:
I have used a program called HDRinstant in the past. It will take the best frame from a set number of frames. Its not a bad program but can tie up your computer while its rendering if your computer is not to fast. The pro version also costs money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame