Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Incident Log

My SD card is one of those recommended by Parrot -
SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB microSDXC USH-3 A3 R170mb/s W90mb/s

And what do you know? Yesterday, as I was flying with the battery at 30%, the status 'SD TOO SLOW' appeared right next to the record button. The drone simply stops recording at this point and I had to come out from 'Fly' mode and come back in again before it would reset.

My drone, app and controller:
FreeFlight 6 : 6.5.1
Firmware : 1.5.4
Skycontroller : 1.5.0

Any idea why it happened? Like to log this as a firmware bug.

It would be great if you could log the problem. Hope it will be helpful for others as well.

Thanks & Regards

My Anafi on it's 16th flight today (overall, not 16 in the one day :)) had an engine cut out and dropped like a brick into an area with some Bush and Trees. No reason that i could see that would cause this to happen, nothing was in it's way, no real wind, either it got smacked by a bird and i didn't spot the bird (it was flying over a nature spot at the time so a bird is possible) or the engines just cut out for no reason. It was on RTH and next thing i know engine cut out message and a visual from the camera of the Drone looking up through Foliage.

Found it via the gps and that beeping sound it makes when something is wrong (parrot might want to consider making that noise louder as it would make crashed drones easier to locate). Damage to the rear left leg and some damage to the props, presumably from it smacking through Tree branches as it came down. Next time i'm bringing a Machete with me as it was some pretty wild foliage to get through.

Being replaced tomorrow via the place i bought it from, just knocks my confidence a bit having a Drone crash seemingly of its own accord. :(

Being replaced tomorrow via the place i bought it from, just knocks my confidence a bit having a Drone crash seemingly of its own accord. :(
I am always anxious while flying my Anafi, if you tell me. Already did 23 flights, and mine is even an used one Anafi. It's unpredictable when a machine can fail or last. I mean....even satellites, rockets and space ships could fail.....

I had a flight during the weekend i was filming a festival and the drone was fully stabilized and then it went crazy on its own :(

I was just hoping it didnt hit no one, and it did not :) It just went sideways and then strait to ground.Braking one arm completly damaging another.

How does warrantyworks in cases like this ?

When i turn on the droneand conect it to the controller it says to update the sistem and calibrate the drone, if i do that will i be able to see the log ?

The video cuts before the crash its strange because it looks in the footage that something went bad with the drone but it doesnt record the going to the floor :(

If you leave the Anafi and the controller, with your device connected, turned on for a few minutes you should be able to see the flight in FF6. You can then download the. json file of the flight and open it in the ShowAnafiLog software and post it here if you want other members to analyse it.

Just for info, did you check WiFi free channels with FF6 before flight ? Or choose a channel in the 5GHz band ? (I would expect a festival with hundreds of smartphone with WiFi connections ‘ON’... that would make an Anafi crazy)

As you can see there is no even a crash report and as you can see there is no 0 altitude as if it did never return to the ground.

Im sure something went wrong with the drone, but i dont now how to procede from here, sent email to Parrot but no response yet

Now i see there is a certain danger because as airplanes crash so does drones and its not alwys pilot fault :(

Can anyone analise these pictures ?
Is there an email parrot suport ? The site suport doesnt alow me to post pictures.

Almost a week and still no answer :(

Unfortunately I have the same issue. Summer vacations are a nightmare.

But you need to wait their reply (with incident case number in subject) in order to proceed.

In my case it takes 2 weeks for the first reply and no news after. Last week (after 1 month) I called to support center (with my case number) and they process it immediately.

Bah, crashed my drone tonight, trying to get a close shot of an old unused church spire, the wind kicked up a little bit and it was enough to ping the drone off it and sent it crashing down. Front right hand arm has a crack on it which i'll need to get sorted :( £90 for the repair kit with the parts as they (conveniently) don't sell them separately.

Unfortunately I have the same issue. Summer vacations are a nightmare.

But you need to wait their reply (with incident case number in subject) in order to proceed.

In my case it takes 2 weeks for the first reply and no news after. Last week (after 1 month) I called to support center (with my case number) and they process it immediately.

I dont even have a support number , there is simply no reply :(

Do we have a parrot email for this kind of situations ?

I have added my incident today on the Google sheet.

I took off on top of a building with height around 30m. Flow Anafi across to different terrain with different height. I tried to land the drone back to the original took off spot with 30m in height. After pressing landing button, upon Anafi touched the floor, Anafi failed to recognise it landed. Anafi had been bumping on the floor. I caught the drone by hand but Anafi tried to raise its attitude. I then used my phone to press landing again. I also tried to press and hold the power off button on the battery. Nothing worked. But Anafi suddenly stopped by itself as if it knew it had landed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190920-164900.png
    Screenshot_20190920-164900.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20190920-164906.png
    Screenshot_20190920-164906.png
    195.6 KB · Views: 10
When you catch the drone by hand you have to turn it on its side quickly to shut off the motors. If it is on the surface and bouncing around hold the left stick fully down until it stops.

I have added my incident today on the Google sheet.

I took off on top of a building with height around 30m. Flow Anafi across to different terrain with different height. I tried to land the drone back to the original took off spot with 30m in height. After pressing landing button, upon Anafi touched the floor, Anafi failed to recognise it landed. Anafi had been bumping on the floor. I caught the drone by hand but Anafi tried to raise its attitude. I then used my phone to press landing again. I also tried to press and hold the power off button on the battery. Nothing worked. But Anafi suddenly stopped by itself as if it knew it had landed.

The problem you have described has happened to some of us. When landing the Anafi jumps around with no control from the controller. I had to step on mine to make it stop bouncing around and it finally shut off. It has never done it since. Its like the sensors on the bottom did not work at that time.

When you catch the drone by hand you have to turn it on its side quickly to shut off the motors. If it is on the surface and bouncing around hold the left stick fully down until it stops.

A proper hand catch does not involve flipping the Anafi over although that is one way it can be done but registers a crash in the logs. The proper way is to hold your hand flat and when the sensors detect a flat surface the motors will shut down. This takes practice to get right 100% of time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh