Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Introduce Yourself!

Welcome Tim
And yes I have heard it is hard to find legal places to fly in France. Glad to see you are trying to stay legal.

Hello, I’m Travis and am new to the sport and industry. I have picked up a Parrot Bebop 2 and have enjoyed flying it. I have quickly realized some of the limitations that is in the camera for photos and the video so I’m looking to upgrade to Anafi soon. I have enjoyed how the bebop has flown and also know that the equipment does not the camera man make. Lots to learn on my end still. This looks like a great place to pick up some tips and pointers.

Hi all, new future pilot from PL.
I registered because I want to use anafi thermal for commercial use and I'm almost decided to buy parrot.

Hi everyone ,I am Sasa, I am from Germany.
Currently flaying Parrot Anafi and DJI Mini .I am new in drone world..
flaying since July 2020.

Create a thread here to introduce yourself! Tell us about your experience and drones you currently fly...
Hi I'm Stacy, (EyeFly Cinematography). I'm in the Bay Area. I LOVE to fly! I was gong to get a real pilots license. Then started flying Drones, now I'm hooked.

I'm a filmmaker / Photographer 36 years and love the Anafi Parrot mostly for maneuvering shots. If you can't tilt while lifting off, you're just flying. The finger peddles are key for me. I love that it shoots straight up too. I get frustrated with paring the drone though, very annoying. Maybe someone can help out with that. I'll save that for another day.

I also have a DJI Phantom older version. But I prefer staying under the weight limit. Anyway I just shot this video below at a Quarry 2 days ago. Other frustrating thing is adjusting the lighting while flying. Like I said I am very new to this. 2-3 years. Don't know how to do the ways points, but when I do... look out. :cool:

I've learned a lot the hard way. It would be great to do a zoom with someone who knows this thing and can give me some tips. :cool: I'm very nervous about loosing my drone. It went off on its own a little bit. So any input is appreciated. Peace

Oakland Quarry Anafi Parrot

Travel Blog

Me trying to land 2 years ago with DJI
Login • Instagram

Instagram @postcardtravelers

Thank you for having this forum. XOXO

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.44.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.44.01 AM.png
    960.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.52.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.52.38 AM.png
    706.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.50.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.50.19 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.51.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.51.47 AM.png
    938.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.38.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 12.38.25 AM.png
    1,004 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Please read over the Advice for new pilots

Reactions: Eyefly
Hi, New to the ParrotPilots. Previously owned a Bebop, Bebop 2 and Disco. Also previously owned a DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Currently own a DJI Spark and Mavic Pro. Currently considering purchasing an Anafi and want to find out what the forum is saying about the new bird - pros and cons. I have about 3 years of drone flying experience. Looking forward to hearing about the Anafi through the forum! Thanks
I think is the best for filmmakers. The peddles make it easier to tilt while lifting. Which give it a dramatic look. Also I love that it doesn't ask about a lot of warnings before flying if your only lifting up 50 feet with a drone under a pound to get a clients building you shouldn't have to contact the FAA. Cons pairing for me sucks. I still haven't figured out all the functions.

Last edited:
Create a thread here to introduce yourself! Tell us about your experience and drones you currently fly...
New Anafi owner here. I have been flying Yuneec drones (Q500 and H) for 2 years now. I’m loving the portability and ease of use of my Anafi. I plan on checking all the threads here to get more insight of this very cool drone.

Hello, I'm Shaun in Texas. I have been given a yellow Bebop (1.0?) drone/backpack kit from my father...my first drone. I'm fairly certain it has not been used at all.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi from Australia, have an anafi here, the forum has been very helpful!

Hi people, I'm Luis from Colombia. I've been flying almost every thing in the rc world many years ago, but I'm newbie in the Parrot community or other online communities. I am currently a commercial drone operator and am dabbling in precision agriculture services with the Parrot Sequoia. I operate with various types of aircraft, Ph4 Pro, Mavic Pro, 3DR, MK hexa and fixed-wing platforms such as Aeromapper Talon and Parrot Disco Pro. I hope to learn a lot with you and contribute what little I know about this topic.

Hello fellow pilots, Rob here from Knoxville, TN. I fly a Parrot Anafi Thermal, Yuneec Typhoon H, and a DJI Inspire 2. I work for a company that produces video solutions for law enforcement and commercial applications and drones are the next logical step to carry the cameras. I am a retired police officer and current reserve patrol deputy. I have a part 107 license both for testing cameras for my employer and flying missions for the Sheriff's Office. I am exploring the commercial side of drone piloting i.e. I have reserved some URLs, have a website parked, and am exploring starting an LLC but for now I just fly on the weekends and upload some videos to stock media websites. Great to be around like minded folks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peacefulparrots76