Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Introduce Yourself!

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to drone piloting as I have only been flying for about a year. I fly a Bebop, and have fun doing so. I'm looking forward to getting an Anafi, but not the thermal variety, not yet anyway.

I'm interested in some of the FLIR camera kits out now. They are more in my price range!

Happy Flying,

Roger

Hi, My name is Michael and I've just purchased an Anafi Thermal drone and am trying to figure things out.
I've been flying a DJI Phantom III Pro for a few years and have managed to get my commercial drone certificate.
I now want to delve into making some money. I purchased the Anafi Thermal due to its ability to look 180 degrees up and thermal abilities. Haven't flown it once yet. I like what I see here on this forum... thanks!!!

Reactions: BRC
Welcome to the forum Michael and yes it can be helpful with a good group of folks and differing opinions

Create a thread here to introduce yourself! Tell us about your experience and drones you currently fly...
Hi all. I'm Tim flying an Anafi for two months now in S Cambridgeshire. Had a Mavic Air before that but it had less than half of the flight time the Anafi. Delighted with it but have had the inevitable crash and am working out how to get in and press down on the connectors to try and get the Gimbal calibrating again. I can see I need (and have) the recommended Torx key and tweezers and then something hard and flat and plastic to press down and seat the connectors again but there are two smaller screws that attach the GPS cover and they will surely need an even smaller Torx key. Anyone know what size? The repair video doesn't seem to give enough detail on the gimbal ad camera area. Can anyone point me to where to find help with that? Thanks a ton. Timchapmanaerialphotography.com

Attachments

• Hawthornes Sawston 01.JPG
    Hawthornes Sawston 01.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
Hi everyone, i just registered to the forum, been driving my Anafi for a long time now, i have many different drone (also some fixed wing which i can crash formidably) but allas not much time anymore to frequently fly them.

@Gary Mortimer you need no introduction now do you? For those who don't know yet Mr. Mortimer "is" the drone news (shameless plug: SUAS news to be precise). Thanks for the relentless work.

Hi everyone, i just registered to the forum, been driving my Anafi for a long time now, i have many different drone (also some fixed wing which i can crash formidably) but allas not much time anymore to frequently fly them.

@Gary Mortimer you need no introduction now do you? For those who don't know yet Mr. Mortimer "is" the drone news (shameless plug: SUAS news to be precise). Thanks for the relentless work.
Too kind YoutubeAnafiFlyer, too kind

Reactions: Paul Mac
Hey all,
My name is Paul MacGregor (or just Mac) and I am from Lincolnshire in the East of the UK. Had the Anafi for 2 days now, getting used to it all. Big skies in Lincolnshire so I'm quite lucky to live out in the sticks which is great for safe flying and some great scenery.
Just got my first problem - the dreaded "Vertical Camera failure" message after my 2nd flight. I really don't fancy stripping this down or messing with the internals - any advice would be appreciated. Yeah, I've seen the thread for this but it always suggests stripping the drone down and I don't want to void any warranty. Hopefully get back up and running soon. Thanks everyone, good to be here.
Mac

Welcome to the forum Paul. I lived just north of Lincoln for the first 34 years of my life. Most of Lincolnshire is pretty rural as you say.

If you have not had the Anafi very long and it has not been crashed or abused I would send it back for a replacement. Otherwise your only option, in my opinion, is to open it up and re-set the vertical camera ribbon cable.

Reactions: Paul Mac
Thank you.
Yeah, I have contacted Parrot customer support and they said it'll take 48 hours to get back to me - no rush then :rolleyes: I mean, should I just take this back to the seller (Currys PC World) or do we have to deal with Parrot?

I would take it back to Currys as I understand that they have the responsibility under UK law. Parrot may just tell you to take it back to the supplier anyway.

Hi all,
Well I contacted the retailer who sent a form and postage ;labels and 2 days later a new Anafi arrived. Curry's and Parrot support were excellent. All sorted. Now I just need to figure how to get the "controller" GPS to green as it is on the drone - can't get follow me or dronies to work.

Hi there folks! My name's Daniel and I am a EASA certified UAS pilot. I am also in Mavicpilots, CommercialDronePilots and now here. Since November 2020 I've been studying several certifications and pilot licenses, including a Photogrammetry and Aerial Photography for Civil Works course, Parrot Disco and Phantom 4 Pro certifications, etc. So I'm hoping to become a pro soon enough with some serious hard work. Meanwhile, I'll be in the shadows learning here! ^_^

I'm based in Madrid, Spain.

Reactions: 70Falcon
Greetings from Wasilla, Alaska. New to drone flying since March 2021. Have the Anafi Parrot Extended and loving it. Enjoy going to beautiful scenery we have up here and getting the birds eye view of things. So many breathtaking scenes that I never realized were there because I couldn’t see through the trees. But with the drone I can go up 20-30 feet and see over the top of them and enjoy the beautiful vistas and take some photos that make me gasp. Makes me appreciate Mother Nature and Father Time that much more. Loving the camera capability and the stability of the Parrot. It‘s like having a 50’ tripod. :cool: Still learning all of the of the drone and camera and loving it.

Reactions: 70Falcon
Anthony. Retired electronic security integrator and consultant. Mechanical engineer perusing my passion in photography and cinematography. Makes YouTube videos (when time permits).

Fly safe and Godbless!

Anthony. Retired electronic security integrator and consultant. Mechanical engineer perusing my passion in photography and cinematography. Makes YouTube videos (when time permits).

Fly safe and Godbless!
Hello Anthony
I subscribed to your YouTube channel about 3 years ago +/- and have enjoyed the education.

Reactions: anthonyvlog

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame