Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Introduce Yourself!

Hello Parrot Pilots! I am new to the forum and actually have been using the information on here to help determine my first purchase of a drone. I find the Anafi thermal very intriguing. Not because it does any one thing perfect, but the fact that it seems to have a little bit of everything up it's sleeve even though it may be slightly subpar. I think getting started in the drone world and wanting to eventually start creating business with this type of technology, I feel this drone is a great place to start for the value and also is a nice bird to have in any future collection of different drones to perform different tasks. I would rather have the capabilities to play with sub industry standard infrared rather than not having it at all. For $1900 vs $2,900 (M2ED) to get in the Infrared world seems to make this drone my top pick right now.

Welcome

Reactions: AeroIR
Hello to all. I am a mostly Yuneec flyer till today. Want a more friendly type bird for my public work so found a deal on a bebop 2. My wife already likes it better and I am looking forward to some stick time with it. I live in North Georgia I am a registered 107 holder.

Hello all,
Highlander77 from upstate NY here and like to introduce myself. I am 48 yrs old and the Parrot Anafi is my first drone. Just received it Monday 8/12/19 and flew it last night for the first time 8/13/19. Was amazed by how fast it was. Not sure what version it is as I ordered it from Toby deals UK. it shipped from China all manuals are in kanji, but hey I did get warning notices for Australia and New Zealand....lol. just looking to learn a few things and enjoy my drone and the new world of photography it will open up.

Hi everyone, I´m Luis Hevia, photographer since the lats 25 years, living in the north of Spain and absolutely new to drones. I´ve just received my Parrot Anafi and I´m fascinated with how easy seems to be everything with it, except one thing wich turns me absolutely frustrated: IT HAS NO ZOOM FOR STILL IMAGES !!!, why do the people at Parrot anounced"35mm focal length equivalent: 23-69mm (photo)" if what they do is just crop the image?. I feel totally cheated.
Could anyone please tell me if that´s true or am I doing anything wrong?
Thanks in advance
Luis Hevia

Je m'appelle Benoit et mes parents m'ont offert pour mes 50 ans (il y a 3 ans ...) un drone perroquet anafy. Je ne suis pas novice en matière de pilotage radiocommandé et nous avons la possibilité de la gagner en même temps pour les néophytes, est bluffante. Comme tout le monde je pense j'ai eu quelques crashs, mais jamais violents car je volais à hauteur d'homme dans le jardin en pilote juste devant la caméra et aux instruments du logiciel, j'ai heurté 2 à 3 fois des branches d 'arbres c'est tout. Résultat: une branche d'élices ne se bloque plus en position de vol et bras se répliquent au décollage. J'ai démonté puis remonté les bras et leurs rotules de fixation. il s'est avéré passer cette opération, le problème s'est juste déplacé : à l'origine il s'agissait du bras avant droite et après remontage, la défaillance était sur le bras arrière gauche. Ceci démontre qu'une rotule est la cause de cette panne. Problème!!! Cela fait 1 mois que j'ai contacté parrot sans avoir avancé d'un cheveux. Alors si vous avez des tuyaux pour que je puisse me procurer cette pièce, et de façon plus générale toute pièce détachée de se drone, merci de m'aider

Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Please read over the Advice for new pilots

The language of this forum is English. If you are not a native English speaker, do your best. We are glad to have you as a member and will be supportive and polite.

La langue de ce forum est l'anglais. Si vous n’êtes pas anglophone, faites de votre mieux. Nous sommes heureux de vous avoir comme membre et serons attentifs et polis.

Greetings all from Australia, I've had my BB2 Power for a month, first real UAV after a couple of toys, really enjoying it. My phone holder was missing the retaining screw when unboxed but emailed Parrot and had a new holder in a week. Crashed a few times but no damage, she's pretty tough. Getting some nice smooth vids using waypoints, really like planning a flight around interesting vistas. Can't wait for better weather (winter here) to really get into it.

Hello All, Brian here from Dubuque, IA. Just got my Part 107 and a new Anafi for the construction company i work for and am thrilled with it so far. Really nice for a first time flyer!

Hi my name is Larry and have had my parrot bebop 2 for about a year. Unfortunately it sits most of the time. I want to get better at it and fly it around more.

Hi I'm Rassie,

Welcome from Australia

I have being involved in drones for about 2 years now, but GPS drones for a year now. Before I had toy drones

Up till now my main drone was the Parrot Bebop 2 but I recently bought me a Parrot Anafi.

I'm really a leisure pilot but do like to start filming my 4x4 adventures.

I'm a real Parrot fan where I also have a Parrot minidrone SWAT for flying indoors

Last edited:
Reactions: Premix
Hi Everyone,

Just bought a Parrot Anafi (first drone) to try and capture some nice shots around my new house in Norfolk.

Lots to learn and luckily just came across this forum, hopefully pick up some good tips and tricks from you guys.

Andy

Welcome to the forum Andy. Make sure that you read the Freeflight 6 User Manual, current version is 2.6 and is available from the Parrot website or from a thread in the Anafi section of the forum, thoroughly at least twice so that you understand the software and take baby steps when flying it to start with.

Also make sure that you look at the CAA website for the rules on drone use so that you do not fall foul of the law. Being in Norfolk, a county that we have had many holidays, gives you lots of areas free of people and houses in which to fly but not many hills or mountains to photograph!

Reactions: Premix
Morning, long time flyer, more hobby than anything but I started and still have a Syma X5, then and X6 tarantula, Parrot Bebop to DJI Phantom 3 standard then to DJI Spark and now to a Parrot bebop2 - I live in the north west uk and get about 3 days per year good enough to fly lol

Morning, long time flyer, more hobby than anything but I started and still have a Syma X5, then and X6 tarantula, Parrot Bebop to DJI Phantom 3 standard then to DJI Spark and now to a Parrot bebop2 - I live in the north west uk and get about 3 days per year good enough to fly lol

Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Please read over the Advice for new pilots

Welcome from another NW UK flyer. I know what you mean about the weather. I fly electric powered fixed wing, gliders, slope soarers and quadcopters so you would think that there would be at least one or two days each week , I am retired, when I could fly something but not at the moment.

lol if its dry its too windy or just raining atm but I grab chances when I can - just hoping the bebop 2 i got, I can get the skycontroller 2 working as its not charging (seperate thread)

Hi Every Body,
I'm just get a Anafi yesterday, to make photographies like this one, from my first fly. P0160016-19.jpg.
I'm from France.
Bye

Reactions: mistyque

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320