Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Introduce Yourself!

Hi from France / Burgundy. I got a Parrot Anafi last week and fly twice for now
i come here to learn, read what can happen
and mabe later help in this group ?
have a nice day
framboise314

Reactions: BRC
Hi from France / Burgundy. I got a Parrot Anafi last week and fly twice for now
i come here to learn, read what can happen
and mabe later help in this group ?
have a nice day
framboise314
Hello framboise314 and welcome
Lots of good info and advice can be found searching the forum
Happy flying

Hallo,
ichch bin Miro aus der Nähe von Karlsruhe (Deutschland).
Seit 4 Jahren fliege ich verschiedene Drohnen.
Angefangen mit billigen Einsteigerdrohnen, dann Bebop 1 und 2.
Dann der Aufstieg zur Anafi. Später kaufte ich noch eine DJI Mavic Air 2.
Diese habe ich dann vor einigen Wochen wieder verkauft, da ich
zu wenig zum Fliegen komme.

Reactions: 30Mauser
Hallo,
ichch bin Miro aus der Nähe von Karlsruhe (Deutschland).
Seit 4 Jahren fliege ich verschiedene Drohnen.
Angefangen mit billigen Einsteigerdrohnen, dann Bebop 1 und 2.
Dann der Aufstieg zur Anafi. Später kaufte ich noch eine DJI Mavic Air 2.
Diese habe ich dann vor einigen Wochen wieder verkauft, da ich
zu wenig zum Fliegen komme.
Willkommen!

Greetings!

I am Sudsy from the Omaha Nebraska area! I obtained my FAA Sec. 107 license last spring (at work no less...) learning on a Parrot Anafi (as well as some other larger airframes). I just finally saved up enough money to purchase my own Anafi (the "work" package with the four batteries) so I can maintain my skills as a pilot and ENJOY flying for fun. Now that I'm flying for recreation, I need to learn more about the fun side of flying, as well as the photographic and video filming aspects; as most of my training (both toward my 107 and additional qualifications afterward) were for steel structure inspections (and that requires a different kind of photograph or video than you would shoot for a hiking or sports action).

Looking forward to learning between flights here!

Reactions: Speleo
Hello all

Nice to be here. Hope we can better build ourselves by sharing each other's experiences. I want to be also a pilot But need to learn many things. Need to know the drone specification and details, Operating procedure, Rules, and regulations & all other tips and tricks about it. That's why I am here with you guys. Please keep posting your new experiences here.

Hello framboise, You can do many things with your drone. For photo and videography, It can be your travel mate, Surveillance and security, Film your athletic pursuits, racing partner, help your pets like fish, Home maintenance, Agriculture, Mining, Journalism, Mining ETC. You can learn drone operating procedures on YouTube also. You just select and own a drone as a beginner and operate it indoors, then learn how to fly it, and finally, you will be a pilot.

Last edited:
Hi All!

A little about me, because I reckon this is what we're here for. Grew up all over as an Army brat. Continued this trend as an adult (civilian) by living in Germany, Japan, and now Austria. Have three adult children who live in the US and a 7-year-old with my wife here in rural Austria. Work in high-tech. Have collected many hobbies and interests throughout my life, but am new to drone since March 2022. Primary use is to search for newborn roe deer fawns from mid-May through mid-June using the infrared camera on my ANAFI Parrot Thermal. Our goal is to find them in the early morning before a farmer is going to mow his fields for silage. We relocate them to a shady spot on the edge of the field, then release them after the mowing is complete. I've been learning as I go but overall we've had great success in this, our first year, having saved about 60 fawns. I'm here to learn more and do it better!

Aside from waking up at 3:30am to rescue fawns, I enjoy hunting, cigars, traditional martial arts, motorcycles, playing guitar, and genealogy.

Hi All!

A little about me, because I reckon this is what we're here for. Grew up all over as an Army brat. Continued this trend as an adult (civilian) by living in Germany, Japan, and now Austria. Have three adult children who live in the US and a 7-year-old with my wife here in rural Austria. Work in high-tech. Have collected many hobbies and interests throughout my life, but am new to drone since March 2022. Primary use is to search for newborn roe deer fawns from mid-May through mid-June using the infrared camera on my ANAFI Parrot Thermal. Our goal is to find them in the early morning before a farmer is going to mow his fields for silage. We relocate them to a shady spot on the edge of the field, then release them after the mowing is complete. I've been learning as I go but overall we've had great success in this, our first year, having saved about 60 fawns. I'm here to learn more and do it better!

Aside from waking up at 3:30am to rescue fawns, I enjoy hunting, cigars, traditional martial arts, motorcycles, playing guitar, and genealogy.
Welcome to the forum 30Mauser
Keep up the good work saving the wildlife!
What a great way to utilize a drone
Happy flying and best wishes to you and the fawns

Reactions: 30Mauser
Hey Everybody,
I'm Mark from Oklahoma City. I do Powerline design and inspection and have only been flying drones for a little over a year now. I have a DJI Inspire 1 V. 2 and just received my Parrot Anafi Ai and still in the process of getting it set up. Hoping to find some answers here that I haven't been able to find anywhere else. I'm also very new to the forum world and apologize in advance if I post something in the wrong section. Any help from the members as I learn the ropes will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello, pilots!

I'm Scott from the Chicago area of the US. A few years ago, I picked up a Parrot Bebop 2, flew for a bit then life put me on a hiatus for a bit. Just now getting back into drone flying and remembering just how fun it can be. I have 3 kids, now teenagers, and am sharing the hobby with them.

Reactions: OKPowerline and BRC
Welcome to the forum and back to the sport. It’s a great way to spend time with the kids.
Happy flying

I am a probie to both forums and a bebop2. i have been using my drone for just wandering around and have recently moved aboard my 34' Gemini Sailboat. looking to use the drone during my trips around SW florida.

Attachments

• IMG_5051[1].JPG
    IMG_5051[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
Welcome to the forum floridiansailor.
That’s a very cool setup you have. Hope you share some of the great shots you will get. Just remember to have plenty of battery in reserve while flying over water
Happy flying

i agree, full battery at liftoff is a good thing. will be trying out "follow me" feature on the water after i am comfortable with the operation on land

Howdy! Shawn here from LaConner WA. My first drone was a bebop. Flew that for years. Had the occasional disconnect but never a flyaway, until last summer.... My Lady started a YouTube channel to share our Moto adventures so picked up an Anafi. So far I love it. Getting back into flight controls.

Shawn

my "home" aboard my 34' Gemimi Cat at my lot in Port Charlotte Fl. figured out how to not end up with fish eye today. is there a place for general instructions or problems/concerns with the bebop 2?

Attachments

• Bebop2_20220815170521-0400.jpg
    Bebop2_20220815170521-0400.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood