Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

IP rating

briwy

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the IP rating is for the Anafi Thermal please.
I know the USA is rated at IP 53 and just wondered what they have done to give it that rating. I guess sealing round the battery is the main thing.
Maybe possible to give the Thermal a similar rating?

Does anyone know what the IP rating is for the Anafi Thermal please.
I know the USA is rated at IP 53 and just wondered what they have done to give it that rating. I guess sealing round the battery is the main thing.
Maybe possible to give the Thermal a similar rating?
Normal Anaf has no IP rating for Thermal either. They are not waterproof.
Water can enter through the myriad openings in the house. The motors are neither insulated nor the battery.
Probably the motherboard and all the electronics, the camera and the connectors need to be made waterproof.
Not feasible at home, forget it.
It is no coincidence that other categories of waterproof drones ...

Thanks for the reply. Motors arent a problem but yes electronics are. As you say the Mavic Dual also is not waterproof and eevn the new Mavic Advanced isn't.

From the smaller drones only the Parrot´s Anafi USA is really waterproof. I saw someone flying two days with heavy rain and his Anafi USA without problems. Next waterproof would be the M200/M300 which is a complete different category

^ no USA even is not waterproof.... More like light drizzle or snow or dust with no wind. I would not with freezing rain.
IP53Protected from limited dust ingress.Protected from water spray less than 60 degrees from vertical.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem