Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iPad 2 GPS problem

Leoconti

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I’m using an ipad2 to control Anafi, but even if I’m connected via WiFi with my iphone’s Hotspot, on FF6 it doesn’t lock GPS for the device... is it normal? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot. Leo

I do not fully understand what you are asking.
Is it the Anafi that is not getting a GPS lock or the controller? The Anafi should get a lock but it needs a clear view of the sky and it may take a few minutes. The controller does not have it's own GPS but relies on that in the device running FF6. I am not an Apple user but I do know that some versions of the ipad2 do not have an inbuilt GPS.

Actually I see the blue dot on the map, referring to the iPad (or the iPhone, since it’s in my pocket), but on the FF6 display in the “distance from device” field it marks “?”...

Sorry Liger (and thank you for your reply), I mean that the Anafi locks green GPS, the problem is with the iPad, because if I USA the iPhone connected to the controller it works fine.

Uhmmm... that seems to be a Bluetooth connection, mine is WiFi.... anyway I’ll try some switching!
Since you’ve been so kind and quick... can I ask you if if it’s normal that my Anafi did not force an auto landing with about 5% battery and switched off crashing instead??? (I put another thread about this)

Question for Leoconti, how did you get FreeFlight 6 on an Ipad 2? I tried but the App Store indicated I needed IOS 10.0 and the IPad 2 max's out at 9.3.5.

If your Ipad 2 is a Wifi only model, then no you do not have a GPS in it and FF6 will show no GPS signal.
If its a Wifi + Cellular model then yes it has the GPS chip as part of the Cellular hardware and should show up in FF6.

Reactions: Leoconti

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryontarded