Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is Anafi fall from sky issue resolved by firmware update?

Psutherling

Reaction score
In March I experienced the dreaded fall from sky in Ca. USA. I submitted a warranty claim to Parrott, and contrary to many of the posts here, I was pleasantly surprised that Parrott responded immediately and professionally. They honored my warranty claim and sent a new Anafi - received several weeks ago. I have only flown the Anafi 4 - 6 feet above ground multiple times, using all 3 batteries to 40%, with no problems. Using latest updates - FF6 1.6.9 and FW 1.6.8.
But I am hesitant to fly normally until I get some reassurance that the fall from sky issue was resolved by current updates.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE FALL-FROM-SKY ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED?

I also own a Bebop 2 which has almost 300 flights with zero problems --- incredibly reliable, so I know Parrott has the technical expertise to make the Anafi reliable.

Since the last firmware update and the advent of the updated software, we have certainly seen a big decline in craft dropping out of the sky. You are always going to get failures for one reason or another, and not always related to firmware.

I think the majority of users are fairly happy with the latest firmware, it does seem to be very stable..... Lets hope nobody screws that up ;)

I almost refrained from purchasing the Anafi because of the recent firmware issues since 1.6.4.

1.6.8 hasn't had the same complaints from what I have found. So I just recently bought it, updated to 1.6.8, and I'm going on 10 flights (and putting it to the test while under warranty) without any issues.

I'll keep heavily testing this firmware 1.6.8 while this Anafi is new, I'll be sure to report back if I see anything abnormal. I'm cycling through 3 batteries that all got updated and running the latest FF6 app 6.6.9 on android.

The only ill thing I've notice so far is when using waypoints the aircraft stops at each waypoint even when its set to progressive. I know this was an issue in the past, but judging by YouTube videos the problem was supposedly fixed some time ago. Mine clearly stops at each waypoint.

Last edited:
Seems to be stable, would be a good idea to do perform screen recordings of flights just in case
You will enjoy how it handles and quality of photos & video
Happy flying!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar