Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is there a No Fly Zone on this drone?

Jhun80

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a Mavic pilot and my current drone won't allow me to fly at my work which is very far from the airport, I was wondering if there is also a restriction on Anafi's? I'm planning to buy an Anafi. Thanks

Reactions: geekmedic
Thank goodness, just sold my Mavic Air and might get the Anafi but will keep the mavic pro platinum.

Hi, I'm a Mavic pilot and my current drone won't allow me to fly at my work which is very far from the airport, I was wondering if there is also a restriction on Anafi's? I'm planning to buy an Anafi. Thanks

No, Parrot Anafi is fortunately not equipped with DJI's erroneous self-determined NFZ system. However, I would strongly recommend you adhere to your country's aviation rules when you fly. :)

Regards Leif.

No, Parrot Anafi is fortunately not equipped with DJI's erroneous self-determined NFZ system. However, I would strongly recommend you adhere to your country's aviation rules when you fly. :)

Regards Leif.

Yeah, i can fly freely at home but cant at work 'coz it's close to DC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180816-040039.jpg
    Screenshot_20180816-040039.jpg
    974.3 KB · Views: 26

Oh, I live in Denmark and do not know much about the rules in the United States. But from my school age for over 50 years back I can recall that Washington should have the White house standing somewhere. If I do not guess wrong, the whole city will be a no-fly zone for the same reason. But again, you must seek information at your government's official websites and not on DJI where you have to fly.

PS. I remember something about a person employed in the National Security Service a few years ago landing his quad on the lawn of the White House ? Hi probably got a few years behind bars for his stupidity !!! ;)

Regards Leif.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jhun80

I can confirm the anafi will fly happily in nw dc... but that is mostly just for testing settings at low altitude in my backyard.

Point being, the whole dc nfz bubble is ridiculous, but please don’t go and be stupid either...

Reactions: geekmedic
That's ridiculous! As you can see on the map i posted, I'm like 15miles away from DC. I was just planning to fly around my work surroundings.

After DJI's debacle at NFZ, I seriously dont think any other player in the market is going to be stupid enough to venture into that area.

DJI made a complete hash of it. Wouldnt be so bad if their data had been accurate and reflected official and current NFZ's, not just some hacked together database they have put together.

Happy to say my MP definitely doesn't have a NFZ :)

After DJI's debacle at NFZ, I seriously dont think any other player in the market is going to be stupid enough to venture into that area.

DJI made a complete hash of it. Wouldnt be so bad if their data had been accurate and reflected official and current NFZ's, not just some hacked together database they have put together.

Happy to say my MP definitely doesn't have a NFZ :)

How did you do it?

Couple of things.

First When I first got my MP, I contacted their Safe Skies or whatever they called it. Then an odd thing happend, I got a pm from one of their guys which just said, do not update beyond .400 .... I didn't need all them fancy flight options, so stayed where I was, and was able to simply turn off NFZ using the DJI Assistant Application. (See WiKi)

Now of course we have NLD (NoLimitDronez), who developed a seperate application that will allow you to change all elements of your MP, including rooting, remove height restrictions, and completly remove the NFZ.

The guys who developed the application, are all part of the "original gangsters" who bust wide open the Mavic, in response to DJI playing dirty and not obeying the rules of GPL

Now we can more or less do whatever we want with the Mavic, within reason.

But just because NFZ was removed, was not a licence to go causing havoc, there was cases of a genuine reason why not to have NFZ, apart from the fact the DJI database was totally screwed up.

Loads of information on our WiKi

I stopped using DJI stuff back in 2014 when they introduced their screwed up NFZ crap in April of that year.

I was using their Datalink system on a self built hexacopter for repeatable survey flights. When many like myself complained DJI assured us they would fix the issue but instead they decided to discontinue the Datalink thereby negating any need to address the problem.

I’m not opposed to NFZ’s when correctly implemented but in the case of the Datalink DJI used a sledgehammer to crack a peanut, as can be seen in the graphic below. The NFZ extends out 8km from the airport. Within this area the Datalink and the hexacopter will not arm.

Attachments

• 76D740CC-B303-4660-A591-462E50C6A47B.png
    76D740CC-B303-4660-A591-462E50C6A47B.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 12

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K