Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Its Getting To Be That Time Of The Year

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Even the short flights are beginning to be to cold to be out flying these days. Winter seems to be coming early for a lot of people and here where I live is no exception. :(

Very short flight this morning just to run off a battery. Had the gloves on but still my hands where cold. I hate getting old LOL

Old man winter is upon us. You might check out Amazon for their battery heated gloves so you can keep your flying edge.... lol

Sidd

Oh I have that covered Sidd. Been using one of these for the last few years. It works great but I had left it at home when I was out. Won't forget it next time LOL

I live in the northeast of the US and feel your pain. I've taken to sitting in front of my fireplace and flying from inside, maintain VLOS from my bay window.

One of the Admins of the forum fly's from inside his van during the winter months and has no problem doing it. I have never tried it as I like to be outside to hear if helicopters or small planes are coming close. The reason I bought the winter glove in the post above. I don't do much flying in the winter as everything is so black and white but I do get out on most sunny days. :)

I tend to keep my birds below 50 feet during my indoor/outdoor flights. I would be uncomfortable at anything more adventurous than that under cold and often windier conditions. It's mostly about maintaining the batteries and muscle memory on the control sticks.

We have almost the opposite problem. Almost everything stays green.... Sometimes it is nice to have the weather changes. We just get massive fires that burn everything in sight.

Sidd

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut