Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Joined in on the Anafi fun....!

akdroner

Reaction score
First hello to everyone and I've been flying the Autel Evo, DJI Spark and the Parrot Anafi...........and decided on the Anafi for my personal purchase.

Couple things I absolutely love!
1.) Quick and easy to get setup and flying
2.) Camera
3.) Gimbal's ability to look up and down
4.) Stable and super easy to fly (actually, very fun)
5.) Size
6.) Flight time
7.) Price
8.) Very quiet
9.) Controls and options
10.) Overall the design

Overall in getting to demo the others I didn't think it was the best nor the worst..........simply just pretty good at everything.

The ONLY issue I've had thus far is when I tried to go to a 64GB MicroSD card.......I've had nothing but trouble with error after error and it refusing to complete the format sequence. Any suggestions one that fun issue?

Take care and look forward to sharing my experience with the drone putting it through the upcoming cold Alaska winter ;)

Respectfully,

AKDRONER

First hello to everyone and I've been flying the Autel Evo, DJI Spark and the Parrot Anafi...........and decided on the Anafi for my personal purchase.

2.) Camera
5.) Size
6.) Flight time
7.) Price
8.) Very quiet
9.) Controls and options
10.) Overall the design

Overall in getting to demo the others I didn't think it was the best nor the worst..........simply just pretty good at everything.

The ONLY issue I've had thus far is when I tried to go to a 64GB MicroSD card.......I've had nothing but trouble with error after error and it refusing to complete the format sequence. Any suggestions one that fun issue?

Take care and look forward to sharing my experience with the drone putting it through the upcoming cold Alaska winter ;)

Respectfully,

AKDRONER

Welcome to.

I have used two different Sandisk card in my Anafi without it has caused problems with formatting. The slowest is marked as a V30.

Regards Leif.

Reactions: akdroner
Welcome.

As far as SD cards go, the 64GB SanDisk Extreme Pro works.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XYT37NK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_LJ7IBb188W9VZ

I fly a variety of drones, mostly DJI, but the Anafi is definetly one of my favorites. It’s easy to fly nice and smooth right out of the box. No futzing with expos or gimbal tilt max speed and smoothness settings. The Anafi arrives dialed in for smooth cinematic footage.

But most of all, I love it simply because it’s so easy to setup and go. It’s the easiest and quickest from inside my pack to up in the sky.

What is odd, is I had issues with the PNY 64gb card at first. So I cleared it, and then formatted with my droid tablet and it recognized it and worked. However for final setup with my iphone, I was getting everything setup and was checking my settings and I noticed an error on the sd card. So I completed the same thing and it corrupted the card and now I can't get any drone to recognize it.

Though, oddly it still worked just fine in my computer and phones...........so I have no idea what is going on. I just ordered the 84 ScanDisk you all suggested and will use this in my phone......simple fix ;)

What is odd, is I had issues with the PNY 64gb card at first. So I cleared it, and then formatted with my droid tablet and it recognized it and worked. However for final setup with my iphone, I was getting everything setup and was checking my settings and I noticed an error on the sd card. So I completed the same thing and it corrupted the card and now I can't get any drone to recognize it.

Though, oddly it still worked just fine in my computer and phones...........so I have no idea what is going on. I just ordered the 84 ScanDisk you all suggested and will use this in my phone......simple fix ;)
I formatted SDs > 32 GB with FAT32 with Windows program "AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition 7.0". After that they could be formatted in the Anafi and worked.

The Anafi seems to be VERY picky about SD cards. It’s gotten better with each update.

The other thing to watch out for is interruptions to video, or a complete app freeze up, if someone calls or texts you while you fly. That has also improved with the updates, but I’d still recommend you fly in airplane mode (you can cache the map before hand).

Edit: if the app does freeze up on you (on iPhone), unplug the cable. Force quit FreeFlight6. Plug the cable back in. Click allow. It should recover at that point.

Below, I have listed the microSD cards that Parrot says are compatible with the Anafi (from Page 28 of the User Guide). I called them yesterday to see if they had updated this list and they told me that the list was accurate and up-to-date.

What you don't see on this list is the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB which I thought would be an ideal card for the Anafi. I didn't notice this until after I got off the phone with them so I sent Parrot an e-mail specifically asking if the 64GB SanDisk Pro was compatible or not. Still waiting on an answer.

Also, I noticed that there are no SanDisk Ultra Plus cards on the list. This card seems to be pretty common at the big box stores where I live but doesn't seem to be compatible either.

Since the Anafi seems to pretty finicky about the microSD cards it will work with, and to avoid a lot of frustration and expense, I would be sure the card you are trying to use is listed below for the best chance of success. Having said that, I haven't personally tested any of these cards yet.

SanDisk Extreme 32GB
SanDisk Extreme 64GB
SanDisk Extreme 128GB

SanDisk Extreme Plus 16GB
SanDisk Extreme Plus 64GB
SanDisk Extreme Plus 128GB

SanDisk Extreme Pro 32GB
SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB

SanDisk Industrial 16GB

SanDisk Ultra 32GB
SanDisk Ultra 64GB
SanDisk Ultra 128GB
SanDisk Ultra 256GB

Verbatim Premium 32GB

Reactions: dmbrody

2.) Camera
5.) Size
6.) Flight time
7.) Price
8.) Very quiet
9.) Controls and options
10.) Overall the design

Welcome, akdroner! I completely agree with your rationale on the "Anafi Decision". It's a great system; Super stable and easy to use! I think you'll find everyone here very helpful and supportive. Enjoy your Anafi and welcome to the club!

Fly Parrot,

Eric

As far as SD cards go, I've used the SanDisk Ultra 64 gb card BUT after the most recent update to FreeFlight 6 I get "SD Card Error" half the time when I try to start filming. The only way to remove the error (for me) is to switch shooting resolutions around and then it works.

Reactions: dmbrody
As far as SD cards go, I've used the SanDisk Ultra 64 gb card BUT after the most recent update to FreeFlight 6 I get "SD Card Error" half the time when I try to start filming. The only way to remove the error (for me) is to switch shooting resolutions around and then it works.
I had this too. A reset of the drone helped.

Thanks and appreciate the welcome...!

I should've added, in my original post that I have some time with the DJI Spark and Autel Evo. Just something about the setup ease, the style/design and honestly the camera that kept me coming back to it as my favorite to fly and film with. I'll post some videos that I have done just for fun with the family when I get some time, but over all...............I don't regret my decision one bit :)

"What you don't see on this list is the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB which I thought would be an ideal card for the Anafi. I didn't notice this until after I got off the phone with them so I sent Parrot an e-mail specifically asking if the 64GB SanDisk Pro was compatible or not. Still waiting on an answer."

Well, I got a response back on the SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB microSD card... Kinda...

Parrot replied back with just a copy of the same compatible list printed on page 28 of the Anafi User Guide with no further explanation. I guess that is an answer just not the direct, detailed answer I was expecting.

I replied back to them with another specific inquiry of the Extreme Pro 64GB. I'm not expecting any different reply from them but I though I'd try. I ordered the SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB micro SD card today just to be on the safe side. I'll probably end up buying the 64GB version to test myself in the near future and I'll post my results.

Also, just a personal observation about Parrot Support. Not sure if the support e-mails are answered from the US, France or somewhere else but it seems to be a bit of a language barrier from the written responses I've been receiving from Parrot.

My experience with Parrot Support is that they have been quick to reply to my initial inquires. Although, the responses seemed a bit canned. Their response e-mails always ask you to reply back if your problem is not resolved. However, in the two cases where I have replied back asking for clarification, I have received no response whatsoever. It doesn't seem to me like the folks on the phone or the folks typing the responses are really that knowledgeable. Or, maybe the message is merely being lost in translation: not sure...

Eric

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut