Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Just some old guy with another boring follow me video

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
The Anafi had a hard time staying locked on to me. When ever I got into the shadows it seems to lose me. Maybe a brighter jacket would have helped. Also I found once the battery got down to about 15% it would not follow me anymore. I am guessing that is a safety option?? Not sure on that but there was no way I could get it to follow me when the battery got low.

Reactions: pmh1nic
Well, it may be boring from a cool video point of view, but it is educational for us. I did not notice that it lost you at all...perhaps you edited that out. Since I am about to try my own follow me trials on a (slow) trail bike, probably only going three times your walking speed, I'm curious: In the initial shot, I'm guessing you had it at about 30 meters. In the second shot, I'm guessing you had it at about 4 meters. Right?

Did you also use Locked as the mode, so it would stay in reverse in front of you?

My very initial trials of Follow Me also indicated that a high contrast subject is more likely to stick.

All I wanted was for it to be far enough away that it would work and high enough that it would not hit any trees if it decided to just venture off the trail. I really have no idea where my setting were but I just wanted it in near by in case anything went wrong.
I have had the Anafi since July 4th 2018 and I really have not used any of the autonomous options so I thought it was time to check them out.
When I first started I was in tracking, thought it was in locked but I was wrong and had to change my settings. Once i did that it was a lot better. Tracking seemed to be hit or miss if it would hold me in the video.

Does follow me stop working at a certain battery percentage? I noticed when my first battery got to around 15% there was no way I could get follow me to work.

I dunno, I never got that far in my initial test of something more than a hundred feet. I set it up as locked with the Anafi 20 yds. in front of me and 30 feet up... I put the phone in my pocket and rode off towards it...and under it....and beyond it...nary a movement. :mad:

Then I took the phone out of my pocket and it was in the middle of a reboot. Tried it again....same result. OK, now I have no way of controlling the drone which is patiently sitting 30 feet up waiting for a command. I just could NOT figure out what the hell was happening. Eventually I got the app back up and was able to get the Anafi about three feet above my head when the phone rebooted again! Finally it dropped a bit in the wind and I jumped up and grabbed it. GRRRR!

So I put everything away and continued on my first moto ride of the season. I get home and try to plug the phone into the charger, still in its case....the plug kept slipping out.....I looked at it and it seemed there was no receptacle for the cable.

HUH? So I took the phone out of the case and discovered that I had put in in upside down the night before! ☹ So every time I picked up the phone in its case or put it in my pocket I was actually pressing the sleep button, sometimes for long enough to force a reboot. Jesus, getting old sucks! ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
droneflyer2024