Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Let's get Parrot to fix Flight Plans

Would you like Parrot to fix the Automatic Progressive Course?

• Yep and I contacted them

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Yep and I called them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, I'm not that concerned

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gadget Inspector

Reaction score
After doing my first flight plan with the ANAFI, I was surprised to discover that the Automatic Progressive Course option does not work. I know how it is supposed to work because of all the flight plans I've done with the Bebop 2. It should make transitions from waypoint to waypoint smooth and relatively unnoticeable. With the Anafi, it stops at each waypoint and movements/turns are not smooth.

I have contacted Parrot customer support via this link: Contact our support. If they hear from a lot of us maybe they'll fix this (if possible) through a firmware update so take about 5-minutes and send them a note.

ANAFI Flight Plan

Bebop 2 Flight Plan

Just out of interest, have you compared the results if you don't select the ' Automatic Progressive Course option ' ?

Just out of interest, have you compared the results if you don't select the ' Automatic Progressive Course option ' ?
Nah, that’s a waste of time. It was one of my favorite things about flight plans with the Bebop 2 so I was expecting at least the same with the Anafi. Turning it off would just make it worse; either that or it’ll be exactly the same. I’m hoping they fix it.

When flight plans were first introduced stopping at each waypoint was standard. Parrot then updated with automatic progressive course and that was a game changer. Strange that it’s not working now.

Good question Lizio,

I tried that with or without using Automatic Progressive feature on the Anafi. Same course, couldn’t tell any difference with or without using automatic progressive. Both were smooth waypoint to waypoint, at least I thought they were. I’ve only been using flightplan for about a week, and just yesterday purshased flightplan for the Bebop 2. Be interesting to compare both, have ran Bebop 2 on a few flightplans but for me prefer using Anafi’s flight plan feature. That may change as I get more familiar with Bebop 2 flightplan, hopefully get more familiar with it soon feels to me less user friendly over Anafi’s.

Happy flying
Paul

After doing my first flight plan with the ANAFI, I was surprised to discover that the Automatic Progressive Course option does not work. I know how it is supposed to work because of all the flight plans I've done with the Bebop 2. It should make transitions from waypoint to waypoint smooth and relatively unnoticeable. With the Anafi, it stops at each waypoint and movements/turns are not smooth.

I have contacted Parrot customer support via this link: Contact our support. If they hear from a lot of us maybe they'll fix this (if possible) through a firmware update so take about 5-minutes and send them a note.

ANAFI Flight Plan

Bebop 2 Flight Plan

Hello Gadget Inspector,

I’m new to using the flightplan feature, purchased the Anafi flightplan last weekend and yesterday purchased Bebop 2 flightplan.

So far I’m really liking the Anafi flightplan feature, compared Automatic Progressive option on and off with the Anafi and couldn’t see differences between the two. Both smooth waypoint to waypoint, maybe it’s me due to being new to this feature.

Keep up the informative post ?
Paul

Reactions: Gadget Inspector
Hello Gadget Inspector,

I’m new to using the flightplan feature, purchased the Anafi flightplan last weekend and yesterday purchased Bebop 2 flightplan.

So far I’m really liking the Anafi flightplan feature, compared Automatic Progressive option on and off with the Anafi and couldn’t see differences between the two. Both smooth waypoint to waypoint, maybe it’s me due to being new to this feature.

Keep up the informative post ?
Paul
Hey Paul. Glad you’re enjoying the Anafi, it’s a great drone. Still flying my BB2 as well. You’re not seeing a difference because that feature doesn’t work in FreeFlight6. It shouldn’t stop at each waypoint when that’s turned on. You can still get some great shots, but it doesn’t work like the previous generation. Definitely surprised me. It would be great if Parrot could fix it in a firmware update. In the meantime, I’ll continue enjoying this little firefly.

Hey Paul. Glad you’re enjoying the Anafi, it’s a great drone. Still flying my BB2 as well. You’re not seeing a difference because that feature doesn’t work in FreeFlight6. It shouldn’t stop at each waypoint when that’s turned on. You can still get some great shots, but it doesn’t work like the previous generation. Definitely surprised me. It would be great if Parrot could fix it in a firmware update. In the meantime, I’ll continue enjoying this little firefly.

Hello GI,

I’ve watched your Anafi flight plan video, I’m not seeing the same pause/stop in flight movements at waypoints as your video shows.

Mine are smooth turns without pause/stop movements, I’m new to using this feature but I’m sure not seeing the same slow pause/stop movements at waypoints as your video shows.

I’ll fly a few flight plans tonight, both ON and OFF with Automatic Progressive option with the Anafi. And use flight plan with Bebop 2, will be fun experimenting.

Paul

I still don't have a definitive list, but there are changes at a waypoint that trigger the Anafi pausing. Ones I definitely remember seeing mentioned are a change in altitude or speed.

Here was the return email I got this morning. Pretty much what I expected.

Thank you for contacting Parrot Customer Support. My name is Viktor W. and I will be assisting you with your case # .

I understand from your email that during using flight plan with your ANAFI, the Automatic Progressive Course option does not work. I know that can be very frustrating and we are more than happy to assist you with your Parrot Anafi.

Please provide us with the following details, to be able to further investigate the case:
1- Footage or Video showing the issue and what appears on your screen in the app
2- You ANAFI's serial number
3- Share with us the flight data

Finally,
Please press reply on this email and let me know if you found the above information was helpful in resolving your issue. I look forward to your response.

It is always our aim at Parrot to provide you, our customer, with top quality service to the best of our ability.

Thank you for supporting Parrot, we do appreciate your business.

Kind Regards,
Viktor W.
Parrot Customer Support
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm PST
1 (877) 972-7768

I still don't have a definitive list, but there are changes at a waypoint that trigger the Anafi pausing. Ones I definitely remember seeing mentioned are a change in altitude or speed.
I definitely have speed and altitude changes in the flight plan. But.....that never caused pausing with the Bebop 2. Very strange. I’m going out to do more testing today or tomorrow to try a few things to see if there are any improvements.

I definitely have speed and altitude changes in the flight plan. But.....that never caused pausing with the Bebop 2. Very strange. I’m going out to do more testing today or tomorrow to try a few things to see if there are any improvements.

Your observations are absolutely correct. And the greater the course change Anafi makes, the more the speed is lowered.

Furthermore, a major problem with the camera guidance is in the vertical direction when switching from a POI to another POI having different heights, where the camera shifts height in a jerk and does not slide quietly to the new height. It could be where you have a POI down the lake on your flight and the next far out on the horizon to enjoy the view. Maybe you could make a video about the second problem too ?

More than half year ago I have written to Parrot about both issues with Flight Plan, but as you can see, nothing has happened yet. Would think it only helps if many write and complain about the same problems !

Regards, Leif.

Your observations are absolutely correct. And the greater the course change Anafi makes, the more the speed is lowered.

Furthermore, a major problem with the camera guidance is in the vertical direction when switching from a POI to another POI having different heights, where the camera shifts height in a jerk and does not slide quietly to the new height. It could be where you have a POI down the lake on your flight and the next far out on the horizon to enjoy the view. Maybe you could make a video about the second problem too ?

More than half year ago I have written to Parrot about both issues with Flight Plan, but as you can see, nothing has happened yet. Would think it only helps if many write and complain about the same problems !

Regards, Leif.
Thanks for the sanity check Leif. While many Anafi owners are confirming this problem, some guys are disputing this because apparently they’re having no problems with auto progressive course. All I can do is present the facts including video evidence. I’m hoping too that Parrot will hear us and do something about it.

Reactions: Landbo
Here was the second response from Parrot this morning. They also closed out my case file stating I had been helped. What a joke their CS is. Now if I have more questions I have to start another ticket. :rolleyes:

Here's the response we received:
In each waypoint to get smoother turns/shifts, try to make more than one stop at each waypoint. Especially, if you want the angles to be changes drastically.
For ex: [pre-waypoint: angle -45°] / [post-waypoint: angle +15°]
in this case we would set more than one stop:
1st: -45° > 2nd: -20° > 3rd: 0° > 4th: 15°
this will allow more smooth transactions between waypoints.

Info mentioned in the manual regarding the matter:
The user can add a pause of the desired length.
The user can change the pause duration by tapping on the block.
A popup appears, and the user can enter the value manually.
The pause duration is set to 10 seconds by default.
When the user adds a pause step on a stage, the targeted stage is divided into two.

The pause block is displayed in grey, with the pause duration. It overlays the photo/video section on the middle bar

Here was the second response from Parrot this morning. They also closed out my case file stating I had been helped. What a joke their CS is. Now if I have more questions I have to start another ticket. :rolleyes:

Here's the response we received:
In each waypoint to get smoother turns/shifts, try to make more than one stop at each waypoint. Especially, if you want the angles to be changes drastically.
For ex: [pre-waypoint: angle -45°] / [post-waypoint: angle +15°]
in this case we would set more than one stop:
1st: -45° > 2nd: -20° > 3rd: 0° > 4th: 15°
this will allow more smooth transactions between waypoints.

Info mentioned in the manual regarding the matter:
The user can add a pause of the desired length.
The user can change the pause duration by tapping on the block.
A popup appears, and the user can enter the value manually.
The pause duration is set to 10 seconds by default.
When the user adds a pause step on a stage, the targeted stage is divided into two.

The pause block is displayed in grey, with the pause duration. It overlays the photo/video section on the middle bar
Yeah that sounds like someone who has never flown the Anafi. We don’t want to add pauses we want them gone. And what they are suggesting to generate more smoothness sounds like a lot of work when the software is supposed to do that and used to do that. I still have to follow up on my ticket so we’ll see if I get the same response. “More than one stop at each waypoint” ??????? ?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Well, I just got a comment from Parrot on my YouTube channel (see photo). Looks like they will be addressing this issue in the next firmware update. That is great service (if they follow through of course). At least we know they will listen if we speak up. Thank you to everyone that reached out to Parrot.

Last edited:
Sounds great if and when it happens. Hopefully all the employees at Parrot get on the same page the the owners are on. Seems some don't believe there are experienced pilots out there that actually know their product better then they do. ;)

Well, I just got a comment from Parrot on my YouTube channel (see photo). Looks like they will be addressing this issue in the next firmware update. That is great service (if they follow through of course). At least we know they will listen if we speak up. Thank you to everyone that reached out to Parrot.
View attachment 2410

Yes it is good that Parrot will do something about the problem. It obviously helps more it comes to video than we write to those people.

Then there is only one problem left in FP with controlling the camera in a quiet sliding motion in the vertical direction when switching from a POI to the next POI.

Regards, Leif.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh