Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Loc8tor?

Saggy

Reaction score
Anyone attached one of these (or similar)? Worthwhile? I have had one for 5 years and never got round to putting it on a plane [wt 5.4gms]. The Anafi would be difficult to find in long grass so I have ordered some new batteries for the tab as I dont want to rely on old ones even if unused. Where should I attach it? Best looks to be on top, on the "head", behind Parrot name? I'd guess that's near the CoG and underneath looks like a bad idea. I thought to use velcro so I can detach it to pack away, plus their tiny keyring with elastic as backup round an arm. Any ideas please?

From elsewhere in this forum i see hi,to activate alarm tap X% icon in first screen(up in center of the screen next to SD Card icon),tap green Bell icon inside the map to trigger Alarm. Great facility. But will I remember that when I panic? What if the Anafi battery detaches?

Anyone attached one of these (or similar)? Worthwhile? I have had one for 5 years and never got round to putting it on a plane [wt 5.4gms]. The Anafi would be difficult to find in long grass so I have ordered some new batteries for the tab as I dont want to rely on old ones even if unused. Where should I attach it? Best looks to be on top, on the "head", behind Parrot name? I'd guess that's near the CoG and underneath looks like a bad idea. I thought to use velcro so I can detach it to pack away, plus their tiny keyring with elastic as backup round an arm. Any ideas please?

I suppose the place you suggest is very poorly chosen as you stop the GPS device from seeing the sky.

Without knowing your Loc8ator's physical size, I suggest you attach it to either the top or the back of the battery. Everywhere else on an Anafi is used as far as I can figure out.

Regards Leif.

I put a trackr bravo on a peice of velcro, stuck the other half of the velcro on top of the anafi just behind the Parrot wording on top, forward of the battery.

I put another velcro strip on the inside of the disco’s cover hatch, toward the rear.

Haven’t had any issues getting a gps lock on either drone.

Thanks Leif, good point on the GPS. Glad I asked! Looking at p8-9 of the Anafi Service Manual [luckily I know enough French to read about 90% of it] you're right; that's just where it is! You may have been fortunate so far Augerin- less sats one day and it may matter.

I was hoping not to have to do each battery [original held, +2 coming] but I now propose, thanks Augustine, to put it on top of the batteries. Size wise, if Leif or anyone wants to know, the tab is about 3cm x 2 x 0.8 thick. HOWEVER I now see there is a later version with some complaints it is not as robust. That may be bigger/different as I think I saw it takes a [2?] CR2032 cell, not 2xLR54s as mine does.

Incidentally [sorry if this is in the wrong thread] having skimmed the manual and as I saw somewhere previously the unanswered question of which screwdrivers fit it starts with the prerequisite kit and Dans ce kit, vous aurez besoin du tournevis Torx T5 et du tournevis cruciforme. So that's will need a Torx T5 and some [er small..] size unspecified X screwdriver to assemble / disassemble.

Thanks again Leif n all and I hope some of the above helps someone as that's what it's about.

Yes, rethinking where to place that velcro for the anafi now. Like mentioned above, I chose it because I figured it was near the CoG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame