Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Looking for recommended software please.

LT Black

Reaction score
I am looking for some recommended software to process pix4d images, specifically for 2d maps, but may try 3d in the future.

Thanks

I get good results with ODM. I'm using the console version that seems easier to install on Windows than WebODM with the graphical interface. Just place the photos in a /dir/images folder, then run it, maybe have to play a bit with parameters. It wasn't as bad as I feared (provided you have enough overlap/sidelap and a few other factors)... Also it doesn't read .dng files, you have to convert them to .jpg.
I am not doing 3D, but it also looks good, but as most versions are free, expect a bit of experimentation here.

Reactions: LT Black
I get good results with ODM. I'm using the console version that seems easier to install on Windows than WebODM with the graphical interface. Just place the photos in a /dir/images folder, then run it, maybe have to play a bit with parameters. It wasn't as bad as I feared (provided you have enough overlap/sidelap and a few other factors)... Also it doesn't read .dng files, you have to convert them to .jpg.
I am not doing 3D, but it also looks good, but as most versions are free, expect a bit of experimentation here.
Thanks, had a play with it today, good so far.

Reality Capture, Capturing Reality has free processing and then you can pay once you are happy to be able to download your results. They also offer a perpetual license.

Maps Made Easy has reasonable pay as you go pricing.

Pix4D is very popular with cloud and perpetual licenses.

I was a Pix4D loyalist, but am very happy with Agisoft. It has a perpetual license and cloud processing. Its tiled 3D models have improved a lot over the last couple of years. It also has local geoid support.

Reactions: LT Black
Reality Capture, Capturing Reality has free processing and then you can pay once you are happy to be able to download your results. They also offer a perpetual license.

Maps Made Easy has reasonable pay as you go pricing.

Pix4D is very popular with cloud and perpetual licenses.

I was a Pix4D loyalist, but am very happy with Agisoft. It has a perpetual license and cloud processing. Its tiled 3D models have improved a lot over the last couple of years. It also has local geoid support.
Thank you, I will take a look at those options

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut