Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lost Drone, Replace It Now or Wait?

loyukfai

Reaction score
Sadly, my Anafi is lost to the abyss...

What's the chance of us seeing an updated version at the 2-year mark, around mid-2020?

Cheers.

Sorry to hear about your loss...What happened? Unfortunately I don't know what Parrot's plans are for new drones. There is always a possibility that they'll do a v2 in 2020 but there will always be a new drone around the corner so you could always be waiting for the next version. You'd be missing out on a lot of great flying in fun if you waited until mid-2020 and even then no guarantee that there will be a new Anafi version. Maybe you can find a used or refurbished drone to hold you over? Too bad that Parrot doesn't sell a drone only package...granted it would probably only be $100 less than a complete package...but still with a $100 savings you could buy another battery. Check eBay and Amazon for refurbed units...Also I'm assuming that Parrot will offer some great sales in the Christmas holiday shopping period...November is not too far away.
Best of luck to you.

Sadly, my Anafi is lost to the abyss...

What's the chance of us seeing an updated version at the 2-year mark, around mid-2020?

Cheers.
I feel your pain :( ...anafi - 0: tree - 1 ...made a school boy error using Dronie Orbit. The tree spat out the battery, but kept the drone ...and the foliage is dense enough I can’t even see the remnants of the drone :(

Maybe a drone flying friend could do some reconnaissance mission to help you spot it. If not I'd probably put my climbing shoes on to see if I could spot it. It's probably just waiting to be rescued....but that's just me.

Sorry to hear about your loss...What happened?
The drone flew for a few seconds and then control was lost and the drone went into the sea.

The local Parrot support told me to buy a new set instead. Am exploring different options now.

Cheers.

The drone flew for a few seconds and then control was lost and the drone went into the sea.

The local Parrot support told me to buy a new set instead. Am exploring different options now.

Cheers.
That's too bad...I wonder what happened? Did you share any flight data with Parrot...I realize that the drone is in the sea but I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that some of the flight data would be available in the app on your phone?

Jet

That's too bad...I wonder what happened? Did you share any flight data with Parrot...I realize that the drone is in the sea but I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that some of the flight data would be available in the app on your phone?

Jet
Where can I find the flight data on my phone?

Cheers.

Where can I find the flight data on my phone?

Cheers.
You may already know this but in the event you don't.......From the main app screen click on your Parrot Account name..this will give you a display with all of your flights. Then just click on the flight of interest and you'll see multiple tabs along the bottom that will allow you to access some flight info....but not sure if there is anything there that may help you....and it's possible this data isn't saved until you land. With that said I'm assuming Parrrot support could tell you what flight data might be available and where it might be stored...if there is an flight data.
I'm always interested in learning what might have gone wrong in these situations so that we can all learn from these "crashes".

Regards,
Jet

Reactions: loyukfai
Thanks for the detailed reply... Unfortunately, there's no record of the doomed flight, maybe it's because, like you said, the drone never "landed".

Still wondering if I shall replace it now or wait...

Cheers.

That's a bummer....There had been rumors of an Anafi v2 to be released in July/August 2019 but that didn't happen...unless you consider v2 to be the Anafi FPV as it now uses the Anafi Thermal platform (thicker legs, motors positioned at the end of the leg, etc.).
It's hard to say if and when Parrot will come out with a new Anafi. If I had to guess I'd say summer of 2020...again only a guess. Two years seems about the right amount of time especially given that Parrot continues to update the current platform with new software features. I think you have to ask yourself how much flying you're going to miss out on if you wait another full year to purchase another Anafi.

I think it's possible that Parrot will offer some special sales during the Christmas shopping season. If I were you I'd be actively scouring Amazon/Ebay/CraigsList/FacebookMarketPlace and other locations to see if you can find a great price on a refurbed unit. I got my refurbed unit for $420 and it's been great so far...no problems. If you don't find a refurbed unit for a great price then hopefully there will be a great Xmas sale in November'2019.
That's just me.

Best of luck.
Cheers

That's a bummer....There had been rumors of an Anafi v2 to be released in July/August 2019 but that didn't happen...unless you consider v2 to be the Anafi FPV as it now uses the Anafi Thermal platform (thicker legs, motors positioned at the end of the leg, etc.).

Good point and thanks for reply. Just saw the thread nearby (The New Anafi V2), wondering if I am to get a replacement, how to make sure it's a V2 without spending more for the FPV or the thermal version...

Cheers.

Good point and thanks for reply. Just saw the thread nearby (The New Anafi V2), wondering if I am to get a replacement, how to make sure it's a V2 without spending more for the FPV or the thermal version...

Cheers.
I suspect (but don't know for sure) that once they exhaust the existing inventory of the original Anafi's (v1) units any new Anafi's will be based on the new Anafi v2 platform (i.e., Thermal & Anafi FPV). It makes sense for them to have a single Anafi body/platform rather than multiple bodies going forward.

Cheers

Reactions: loyukfai

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320